Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 00:28 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 274 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
WE:Account Management (Other)
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep
Own Kudos [?]: 186 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation - Thoughts? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
With an undergrad and MS in the sciences, I would assume there was mathematics in your coursework, particularly statistics? Sometimes adcoms will concern themselves with non-traditional applicants' ability to handle the rigors of the quant analysis in b-school. You want to make sure you demonstrate aptitude for accounting, stats, calculus, etc. to innoculate these concerns. You might consider taking a correspondence course in accounting if you have never had any. This can not only demonstrate commitment to b-school in general, but will also be a real help once you matriculate, particularly if you have not ever taken such courses. Of course if you end up doing well on the quant portion of the GMAT that will also help assuage any concerns. Beyond that, I don't really see any glaring holes in your profile, although admittedly, you do not give all the details. Hopefully you have some community involvement in your past--it's always good to show leadership not only at work but outside of work as well. The core essentials you definitely seem to posess: teamwork, leadership, innovation (your thesis alone will go far to demonstrate this), and maturity (age in your case will speak for itself). Avoid HBS and Stanford, who notoriously snub older candidates and you should be good (although there are always a couple of older candidates at those schools who slip through). When you apply as an older candidate, expect more scrutiny over your career achievements and be prepared to speak to why it "took you so long" to get back to school. Definitely throw in for a few top 10 schools, though. no reason why you should "settle" with such a unique profile.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks very much Byrant, I certainly do have a community leadership activities I can include. I'm pleased that you think my profile is competitive. It's been niggling me for a month or so now so it's reassuring (and uplifting) to hear that it may actually play to my advantage.

Kind regards

B.
GMAT Club Bot