Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:49 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [1]
Given Kudos: 632
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
Re: Questions would earlier change font color or become unbold [#permalink]
bb, I am with you on the color... not the best choice in my opinion. Maybe grey instead of purple?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Send PM
bb wrote:
We have just added this feature (though I am not sure I love the color).
Let me know what feedback you may have.

Thanks!

Thank you BB, color doesn't matter , as long as I can differentiate between the one's I have done and the one's I need to do, all will be ok.

The color decision is yours , that's cosmetic . But please do assure us that if in future you decide to change the color from purple to something else , then all the sums that are now purple should automatically change to the new color.We shouldn't loose our previous work, We shouldn't have to go through all the sums again and recheck if we have already done them or not.

This is what happened this time. All the sums that I had done and were showing grey initially before June 23 -2012 suddenly became their default color on June 23 . It was like all questions were new ! I had to click each question , open it up and assure myself that these were the same questions that I had done earlier, only that now their font's were back to normal and no longer changing color.

So lets say 6 months down the line( or later, perhaps a year or two down the line ) , the decision is taken to make the fonts color green( just supposing), then all the sums that are now purple should automatically turn to green. if they do not turn automatically to green but to the default color initially then we would have to do the same process all over again. We would have lost our hard work . We would have to again reopen each questions and make sure we had done them. ( And this we would have to do each time the font's color was changed ).

So its wise to have a standard color, that will be there for eternity. Less risk of us loosing our work.( Some of us are associated with GMAT and GMAT CLUB for our whole lives , we would certainly like to mark the sums that we have already done , we wouldn't want some one to come one day and erase all our markings and make us feel that this is a new book)

I have taken a screen shot of the font's changing color and saved it the pen drive , so that if this feature disappears again I will have proof :)

Now things are as they were before, but did you try to find out how this feature was lost . I mean according to you this is something new, but I know this was there before , this is something that still baffles me.( and I think you too ! )

Anyway now that it's working, all is well.( We have already forgiven the person if any, who inadvertently could be responsible :) )

Now we can track our progress in a more better way. Please do convey my gratitude to the Designers involved. Very Well Done each one of them!
Thank you everyone once again.

Stne
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Hi bb

Something has happened since today morning, questions visited are no longer turning purple, yesterday everything was fine, since today morning questions visited are no longer turning purple. In technical terms our browsing history is not getting stored in firefox!

Please can you fix this as early as possible because all the questions that I am doing in the mean time are going to remain unmarked and unrecorded and i would have to click on them and open them again to make sure I have done them.

Please help.

Side note : yesterday we were unable to use " click here to hide/show event " as clicking on that was not hiding the events. Well now that has been fixed , so now we are able to hide and show events but while fixing that I think some thing else has happened , as you can see up to 4:17 am questions visited are no longer turning purple.

Please can find you out why this has happened and fix it.So that things can be as they were before.

Edit: I am using firefox

Thank you

Originally posted by stne on 19 Aug 2013, 04:23.
Last edited by stne on 19 Aug 2013, 06:20, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Attachment:
Unable to book mark.jpg
Unable to book mark.jpg [ 446.49 KiB | Viewed 2459 times ]
Also just noticed (I am sure that this is related to the same problem as mentioned in the previous post), That I am also not able to bookmark a question in GMAT club, I tried to bookmark the questions that I was doing , but couldn't bookmark them.
By Book marks I mean the book marks in our browser ( firefox ) and not the GMAT clubs internal bookmarks.
Again this has started today only , yesterday I was able to book mark sums.

Please see screen shot above.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi. I have checked with 3 people and everyone has the colors working just fine.
Taking into consideration that you have 2 issues at the same time (one of which is bookmarking which is not related to GMAT Club - that's really a function of the browser), I would suspect the issue may with the browser and on that side.... just a thought for you to check/reinstall? Perhaps you updated the browser yesterday or something else happened?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
bb wrote:
Hi. I have checked with 3 people and everyone has the colors working just fine.
Taking into consideration that you have 2 issues at the same time (one of which is bookmarking which is not related to GMAT Club - that's really a function of the browser), I would suspect the issue may with the browser and on that side.... just a thought for you to check/reinstall? Perhaps you updated the browser yesterday or something else happened?

Hi bb
Thank you for your reply

1) Suddenly everything seems to be working fine,
Please note : earlier I were able to Book mark other sites but I couldn't not book mark GMAT Club pages, I know may sound unbelievable but what have i got to gain by misstating the facts.

Secondly everything was working fine in chrome, so my deduction :

Some issue with GMAT club pages and Firefox compatibility had come in, I could like to believe it was not at my end, but I could be wrong.

But the issue is now resolved, I am grateful and thankful. Best way to check is to test it yourself, as in the past you are aware that I have always stated facts correctly, but we are all human and we can make mistakes.

But thank you for looking into the matter,I always have and will keep you posted if i notice some thing odd.
Thank you
GMAT Club Bot