Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 21:43 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 21:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 185 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.9
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: B-school application- Help needed! [#permalink]
Thank you for the help! :) Can 710 get me a seat in Harvard? I really wanna do my MBA from Harvard.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
You would need to share a lot more about your profile. In particular, what caliber school was your undergrad and what is your work experience like? Extra-curriculars and any leadership experience?

With what you have shared so far you're going to be a long shot. Your GMAT is in the middle 80% range but below average, your GPA is well below average and with less than 2 years work experience it will probably be tough to have meaningful leadership experiences from work. I don't mean to be a debbie-downer but Harvard is pretty selective and like I said, you haven't shared much of your profile with us.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
mehulsayani wrote:
Hi,
I scored 710 in GMAT this year. I have a CGPA of 7.6/10 in my graduation, and have a 1.6 years of experience. I want to know whether B schools consider work experience till the date of admission or date of application. I have heard many good B schools require atleast 2 years of experience. I want to apply in Harvard, Cambridge or Yale. Can anybody help me with this situation? Also, can somebody help with the financial aid which I can get in these colleges?

I think you probably need more work experience, unless you worked while you were in school. A couple of my friends who went to b school right after college got into a top program because they had been working while in school in pretty cool jobs.

For financial aid, you can go to the website of the respective schools or do google searches to find more information. there is a lot out there, and it would be impossible for someone on here to tell you everything you need to know. you'll have to do your own research.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mappleby wrote:
You would need to share a lot more about your profile. In particular, what caliber school was your undergrad and what is your work experience like? Extra-curriculars and any leadership experience?

With what you have shared so far you're going to be a long shot. Your GMAT is in the middle 80% range but below average, your GPA is well below average and with less than 2 years work experience it will probably be tough to have meaningful leadership experiences from work. I don't mean to be a debbie-downer but Harvard is pretty selective and like I said, you haven't shared much of your profile with us.

Hi,
Can somebody evaluate my profile and help me with my admission process? Also, which colleges should I apply to. Is it possible to get into Harvard, Wharton or Oxford? Following are my details:-
Name- Mehul Sayani
GMAT score - 710
AWA- 5/6
IR- 5/8
Under Graduate score - 7.6/10
Pass out Year
Under Graduate College- VJTI (autonomous) Mumbai University
VJTI was ranked #22 by the India Today Best Engineering colleges 2012 and 32 by Outlook India Top Engineering Colleges of 2012. In rankings limited to private colleges it was ranked #7 by Mint Top 50 Private Engineering Colleges of 2009
High School (SSC)- 87.83%
Work Experience - 1.5 years in an IT company(received 2-3 appreciations from the client)
Plan to work till I join the university
In the college, Worked for various events and festivals.
Worked as the General Secretary of Sponsorship of National Level College Festival (Led a team of 7 ppl)
Worked as the General Secretary of Sponsorship for two other events in the under grad years.
Besides that, Won the second runners-up in dance competition in First and Fourth year and First prize in Second and Third year.
Won multiple competitions in school including district level Science quiz, participated in the project competition organized by National Organization "Indian National Science Congress"

I hope this information is enough. Please let me know if you need anything else :)
GMAT Club Bot