Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:04 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Founder, Amerasia Consulting Group
Own Kudos [?]: 268 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Founder, Amerasia Consulting Group
Own Kudos [?]: 268 [0]
Given Kudos: 264
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation - Risk Management [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hey longranger,

It was my pleasure.

Respectfully,
Paul Lanzillotti

longranger wrote:
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the comprehensive profile evaluation! I feel you've done a great job benchmarking me to my demographic pool, because fortunately or unfortunately, thats what happens in life.

International Experience - Like I said, if anything, my job is VERY international. I work with government tenders in Bangladesh and Ghana, and with the UN in Cote D'Ivoire. An average day for me has conference calls with our traders based in countries like Poland, Belarus or Uruguay, where I have to be familiar with the particular economy in order to add value. Another highlight for my international experience was that I was handpicked by my organization's Chief Risk Officer to go to upcountry Vietnam for a personalized induction process. I visited warehouses larger than football fields, and had the opportunity to interact with local business in a great way.

Current Work experience - Like I said, I approve credit and currency limits for my organization's trading activities across the world. Its a job that is usually meant for someone older, and I am the youngest member in my department. My recent promotion has also seen me rise to a position above some of my older colleagues.

GMAT - I'm extremely aware of this being on the lower side. Like most Indian applicants, I'm comfortable with Quant, and have the high scores during my school exams (90%+) to back that up. I made a mistake on the very first question of my GMAT, which caused my Math to be 48, when I was usually hitting 50 on my practice tests. That said, I'm not sure a retest would help, because I wouldnt cross 730/740.

Schools - Some other courses I'm applying for at the MFin at Princeton, the MIB at Tufts, the MSc in Risk Management at Imperial, and the MBA at IIM Ahmedabad. Are there any other schools you would recommend I should try at? I've heard suggestions about Duke, Carnegie Melon and UNC.

Once again, thanks again for taking out time to help me!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Just an update - I got rejected everywhere, but got accepted to Oxford (Said) in R1, and I'm quite happy about it! Thanks for your help. Clearly elite school MBA admissions arent straight-forward and we need all the help we can get!
GMAT Club Bot