Last visit was: 01 May 2024, 21:46 It is currently 01 May 2024, 21:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Another Question on schools [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Puilunchristin wrote:
Linda:

Aside from these top tier schools such as Stanford, or HBS that you have recommended, do you have any other recommendations on lower tier schools, becuase i know my GPA might not be good enough for Stanford, even though it is my dream to attend.

Your GPA won't be an issue; your lack of competitive experience is much more of an issue. I don't know of other program as open to taking applicants straight from college. IF any one else does, please share the info.

You may find our article with advice for younger MBA applicants helpful.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
What do you think of these [#permalink]
Linda:

i think what I am worry most about is my work expereince, although I do believe that my work experience during my four years of college has a significant impact on my goals, maturity, etc.
What do you think of these schools, these are the ones that I am interested in currently, and still evaluating whether I should go ahead and apply:

Thunderbird
Monterey Institute of International Studies
University of San Francisco
Claremont University
UC Berkeley
UCLA
Stanford
Columbia
Loyola Marymount
Pepperdine
Send PM
Re: What do you think of these [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Puilunchristin wrote:
Linda:

i think what I am worry most about is my work expereince, although I do believe that my work experience during my four years of college has a significant impact on my goals, maturity, etc.
What do you think of these schools, these are the ones that I am interested in currently, and still evaluating whether I should go ahead and apply:

Thunderbird
Monterey Institute of International Studies
University of San Francisco
Claremont University
UC Berkeley
UCLA
Stanford
Columbia
Loyola Marymount
Pepperdine

These schools represent a very broad range of programs in terms of their reputations. STanford is internationally recognized as a top 5 MBA program. Loyola Marymount and Pepperdine, in contrast, have strictly a local reputation. That doesn't mean you can't learn well, but it does mean your diploma won't have the cache it would have, if you went to a Stanford, Columbia, or their cousins and perhaps it won't help you gain entry into luxury goods marketing. Given the time and money invested in an MBA degree, I don't think it makes sense to go to a school that is less likely to help you achieve your goals.

Given your grades, obvious talent, and ambition, I would recommend you apply now to the top schools that will consider an application from college grads, but if not accepted this year, work for a couple of years to acquire the experience that will enhance your application. Then apply again in two years at a number of top schools.

Good luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Question on chances [#permalink]
Linda:

I have listed previously my credentials and experiences. I need more confidence! Do you think I stand a chance at these following schools?

Stanford
UCLA
USC
Thunderbird
Berkeley
University of Arizona
NYU

If not, do you have any recommendations? I am only looking at schools in CA, NY, or AZ.
Send PM
Re: Question on chances [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Puilunchristin wrote:
Linda:

I have listed previously my credentials and experiences. I need more confidence! Do you think I stand a chance at these following schools?

Stanford
UCLA
USC
Thunderbird
Berkeley
University of Arizona
NYU

If not, do you have any recommendations? I am only looking at schools in CA, NY, or AZ.

You have a chance at Stanford and UCLA. I'm not sure about the other schools policy towards accepting applicants straight from college.

Good luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Chance at Columbia? [#permalink]
Linda, Do you think I will have a chance at Columbia?
Send PM
Re: Chance at Columbia? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Puilunchristin wrote:
Linda, Do you think I will have a chance at Columbia?

Yes.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Almost finalized choices [#permalink]
Linda:

I think I've finally picked out my schools, can you tell me if these are wise choices or not for the schools that I am planning on applying to with my profile:

Stanford, Columbia, UCLA, Thunderbird, University of Arizona...and possibly USC?

Do you think it's too many schools? Should I narrow it down more or should I find more other options? What do you think?
Send PM
Re: Almost finalized choices [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Puilunchristin wrote:
Linda:

I think I've finally picked out my schools, can you tell me if these are wise choices or not for the schools that I am planning on applying to with my profile:

Stanford, Columbia, UCLA, Thunderbird, University of Arizona...and possibly USC?

Do you think it's too many schools? Should I narrow it down more or should I find more other options? What do you think?

Stanford, CBS, and UCLA are good choices. I don't know what Arizona's, Thunderbird's, or USC's policies towards undergrad applicants. I also don't know how well these schools would support the ambitions of someone interested in luxury good marketing.

Good luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
other options? [#permalink]
Do you know if there are "other" schools that are good in my area of interests and would look at an undergrad applicant?
Send PM
Re: other options? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Puilunchristin wrote:
Do you know if there are "other" schools that are good in my area of interests and would look at an undergrad applicant?

Please see my earlier replies.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: other options? [#permalink]