Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 22:14 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 22:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
One more thing [#permalink]
I just wanted to add that I did get into the top MBA program in Canada. Eventhough my GMAT score wasn't stellar my work exeprience and references are what got me in.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
With all due respect Mr. Cracker you really can't say that what was effective for you will work for others as well. I studied dilligently and scored well, but I don't attribute this success to picking numbers. Also the other strategies they offered seemed sophomoric and terribly contrived. I would share them, but I don't want to somehow break copyright laws. Actually I think I'd be more concerned about the damage these strategies might do to people's scores. Bad strategies can be very dangerous if released without a disclaimer. As the author said the disclaimer should read something like this.

: Use at your own risk, the strategies below suck major sausage.

blah blah blah
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Paul, your attitude is somewhat surprising...their strategies didn't work for you, but they obviously worked for GrahamCracker. I used them as well and didn't find them to be sophomoric at all. For whatever reason, they didn't do it for you but to the other side of the argument coin, you shouldn't say that what wasn't effective for you won't be effective for other people. If you didn't do well on your GMAT, it could be just as much your fault as it was their "bad" strategies, if not more. The strategies are a starting point - it's up to us to figure out what works and what doesn't based on how we process information and go with it. I see just as many people who say Kaplan's strategies are terrible, but hundreds of others would disagree. It's about personal preference. Both companies have good strategies otherwise they wouldn't be successful, so I say live and let live - if one doesn't work for you, try the other, but let's at least be respectful and not trash any of these companies unfairly.

(A little keyed up from a late-night Giants/Cowboys overtime game....!)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kappa Kappa Gamma [#permalink]
I realized how cocky my attitude was after I wrote the message. I apologize to Mr. Cracker and everyone else who was turned off by it (all of you out there...hello).
Anyway, for whatever reason I felt familiar with every strategy PR offered and was unable to apply the strategies well to tougher problems. It's easier to feel disgruntled to the point where you say something like I did above when you spend 1300 dollars and are not happy with the value. Since my community was bereft of students applying to graduate programs, I was stuffed into a class with Kappa sorority sisters who thought their daddy's were going to buy them a university (does this practice still exist). They were sorely disappointed to find out that some of these schools aren't yet on the market, and some only sell admission (can you imagine that). Perhaps my experience was bad enough that I have been reduced from the bundle of sunshine I typically am to a hardened and cynical crank. I apologize for that.
Maybe the Kappa invasion won't take place at your Princeton program, but in case it does...bring pepper spray!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Also, I should repeat. I was not unhappy with my scores. They weren't perfect, but that happens. I was unhappy that the Princeton Review seems to have a very cozy relationship with the ditsiest sorority on my campus. While this helped my social life tremendously (thank you Princeton Review..does the house collect?), it did not help my scores as much.
People know that testimonials are just one person's opinion and probably don't need that reiterated for them every time someone sees an opinion they don't like. The old, uhh that's just his opinion routine is too routine. How about this cliche to paraphrase, "a program is only as good as you make it." Yes, well I tried, but I decided that my time spent studying Kaplan was best for me.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]