Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 05:54 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 90
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Retake GMAT... or live with it ??? [#permalink]
kunzi wrote:
Hey Mili,

Thank you so much for the insights and such an encouraging response.

In fact, I got rejected from 2 schools earlier (with the same GMAT score) and I got a similar feedback as yours from one of the schools. Though I had a lot of presentation issues then, but my extra - curricular and community involvement were the weaknesses that were highlighted by the school too.

Can you suggest some remedies here considering the time left for applications to start, which is around 2 - 2.5 months.

Would joining a club like Toastmasters (for public speaking) and Lions (for community work) be helpful for me if I remain active in these clubs in the near future. Although I doubt that I'd be able to get some insightful experiences in such a short time to weave them around my application story, shall I still join in to add to the bullet points ??

Your honest opinion will be highly solicited.

Best Regards,
KUNAL

Sorry, I meant joining Lion's and being more active in Toastmasters than I am at present.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Kunal,

It probably won't hurt, but it's really going to come down to the impact you have on the organizations. Getting more active and taking a leadership role in Toastmasters' would be great. I am not sure what Lions' is, but if you are passionate about it and can take a leadership position and drive an impact in the next few months, then perhaps that makes sense to do. Ultimately, it might make more sense to focus this year on building up your extra-curriculars and community experience in a more meaningful way (while still focusing on driving your career forward), and applying a year from now. However, you've already got 7 years experience, so that might be waiting a bit too long...

Good luck,
Mili

Mili Mittal
Senior Consultant
https://www.mbamission.com

Read the mbaMission Insider's Guides (16 individual school titles)

Download [url=https:// https://info.mbamission.com/MBA-Personal-Statement-Guide/]mbaMission’s Free Personal Statement Guide[/url]

Visit the mbaMission Blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey Mili,

Thank you for the effort. I don't have the luxury of waiting for another year to build my community/ leadership experiences. I'll apply this year and portray the best possible image that I can.

Thanx once again.

Regards,
KUNAL
Moderator:
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
1452 posts