Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 13:54 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Please help - Questions about MBA and after [#permalink]
Expert Reply
sdr2013 wrote:
Hi there,
I would like to study MBA from top 10 universities in the US. Could anyone please have a look at my profile and let me know my chances of getting into top schools? I also have lot of other questions.

Academics :-
SSC/10th - 84%; Intermediate/+2 - 91%; Engineering - 76% ; I won an award from Govt of AP (India) (Prathibha award) for securing good rank in Engineering Entrance Exam;

Work experience :-
I have around 9 years of experience in IT. I worked with top Indian MNCs as a project manager for an year, project lead for around 4 years. Worked in onsite for about an year. Currently I am working for a friend's start-up to gain experience to start my own in future.
Had awards and promotions in the companies I worked.
Have got 2 technical certifications and 4 certifications in Life Insurance domain (LOMA certifications - short of one certification for ALMI designation)

Extracurricular :-
Have participated in lot of extracurricular activities during my school and college days; Have been associated with a slum improvement program with an NGO for 2 years. Have good knowledge of public policy and governance as I also prepared for Indian Civil Services for a while.

Expectations out of MBA:
Consulting then move onto Entrepreneurship. And I also plan to start my own NGO later on when I am financially ok.

My questions are:
1) As I asked above: what are my chances of getting into top 10 US schools?
2) I am planning to give GMAT by the end of this May. What is the score expected to get into these schools? Will I get enough time to prepare for my application if I give GMAT in July?
3) What would be total cost of the MBA programme and the living expenses during the 2 years?
4) Do the schools offer any scholarships? If yes, what would be the probability that I get one?
5) Is it possible to work part time in the hectic schedule? How about the study loans? Should we take loans from Indian Banks or US banks?
6) How about jobs after MBA? How long would it take to pay off the entire loan?

Please help!

- Swetha

To answer your questions:
1. Without a GMAT score, I can't say. I can say that if it is competitive your grades and work experience are competitive, albeit over-represented in the applicant pools.
2. Aim for the best score you can get, but a 720 would be competitive in the top 10, maybe even a little less.
3. Tuition would be $80-100K. Living expenses vary. check the school web sites.
4. Yes they do, but not enough for all students. See the school sites.
5 Very difficult. There are some loans for foreign students. I don't know about the Indian banks.
6. That depends on how much you make.

Much of this info is available on school websites.

Best,
Linda
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Accepted.com wrote:
1. Without a GMAT score, I can't say. I can say that if it is competitive your grades and work experience are competitive, albeit over-represented in the applicant pools.

Thanks so much for the info Linda! checking the websites now! :)
One question: Will I have enough time for applying for first round if I take GMAT in June end/early July?
Send PM
Expert Reply
sdr2013 wrote:
Accepted.com wrote:

Thanks so much for the info Linda! checking the websites now! :)
One question: Will I have enough time for applying for first round if I take GMAT in June end/early July?

Yes.

You're welcome.

Linda
GMAT Club Bot