Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:31 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Can I get into a 1 year mba after a startup failure? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
futurembaapplicant wrote:

If I apply with being able to write that I am currently employed by some company, why do you think that this will boost my profile? Since I plan to apply by October this year (which is only in a few months), can it help to have such a short-term job?

This is true. However between your application and your enrollment is a year and four months!!!! And if you are going to write about your startup as a failure, they will want to see that you are busy with something else in the coming time.

futurembaapplicant wrote:
Also, when I apply for 1 year programs, would it be bad to say that I want to return to finance (my original industry). I plan to write about how I tried different paths but I realized that I am committed to a career in financial services. I certainly like entrepreneurship and will try again if an opportunity comes up, but my intention is to go through an MBA, rebrand, restart, build a good network, develop my weaknesses that I mentioned in the original post, and go from there. If this is a bad idea, what is the best way to answer why MBA now?

It's not necessarily a bad idea. But it is important that it doesn't seem like you are "giving up" to go to do something you didn't want to do in the first place. Instead you need to find a way to present this story as a real advancement. The goals you have here are fine, but it is the narrative you present that will make the difference.
Moderator:
Admissionado
9218 posts