Last visit was: 03 Jun 2024, 22:35 It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 22:35
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2067 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Admissionado
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation request! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ananddas1984 wrote:
Program: I agree top-10 is a bit of stretch, at LBS I am targeting M.Fin. program - is that a feasible target?

I'd still call it a stretch. And this is not because you have a poor profile. But basically it's one of the most prestigious Finance programs in Europe (and thus one of the most competitive)

ananddas1984 wrote:
Grades: Not sure how Indian grade systems and percentages are converted to US GPA scale, but given the fact that I finished among top-15 students in the undergrad college and again top-20 students in my MBA program doesn't get reflected in absolute scores. IS that something I need to provide in as additional details.

Definitely get this in if you can. The schools don't always know what grades from foreign countries reflect (Although usually they do), but it doesn't hurt to point things out.

ananddas1984 wrote:

EC: Was leading a few committees on multiple clubs during my undergrad and post-grad programs. No real voluntary exp. in during work, given the extremely challenging hours demanded by current profile

Well, doesn't seem toooooooo bad. Do what you can with what you have :) It's like cooking with a few ingredients. If you're a master chef, you can still make a mighty tasty dish.

ananddas1984 wrote:

Leadership: I have led multiple projects for driving strategic initiatives in PE funds's portfolio companies. A few projects include developing a new group corporate identity for a group of standalone business (corporate website, new marketing campaign, etc.); credit refinancing for portfolio companies, etc.

I'll be honest with you.. this is a bit so-so. Basically everybody has project leadership of this sort. Buuuuut it's also not bad. And refer to my comment in the above question

ananddas1984 wrote:

As you also mentioned, I am in the "HAVE TO" group and I agree I need to broaden my list. Can you help me with some good college names which will be most appropriate to be added to my school list, in light of my profile and future interests?

In that case: Johnson, Tepper, NYU, Virginia would be good places to start. They all have solid finance placements, and are a bit out of the Top 10, so should be a bit more realistic.

ananddas1984 wrote:
Thanks,

You're welcome!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
JonAdmissionado wrote:
ananddas1984 wrote:
Program: I agree top-10 is a bit of stretch, at LBS I am targeting M.Fin. program - is that a feasible target?

I'd still call it a stretch. And this is not because you have a poor profile. But basically it's one of the most prestigious Finance programs in Europe (and thus one of the most competitive)

ananddas1984 wrote:
Grades: Not sure how Indian grade systems and percentages are converted to US GPA scale, but given the fact that I finished among top-15 students in the undergrad college and again top-20 students in my MBA program doesn't get reflected in absolute scores. IS that something I need to provide in as additional details.

Definitely get this in if you can. The schools don't always know what grades from foreign countries reflect (Although usually they do), but it doesn't hurt to point things out.

ananddas1984 wrote:

EC: Was leading a few committees on multiple clubs during my undergrad and post-grad programs. No real voluntary exp. in during work, given the extremely challenging hours demanded by current profile

Well, doesn't seem toooooooo bad. Do what you can with what you have :) It's like cooking with a few ingredients. If you're a master chef, you can still make a mighty tasty dish.

ananddas1984 wrote:

Leadership: I have led multiple projects for driving strategic initiatives in PE funds's portfolio companies. A few projects include developing a new group corporate identity for a group of standalone business (corporate website, new marketing campaign, etc.); credit refinancing for portfolio companies, etc.

I'll be honest with you.. this is a bit so-so. Basically everybody has project leadership of this sort. Buuuuut it's also not bad. And refer to my comment in the above question

ananddas1984 wrote:

As you also mentioned, I am in the "HAVE TO" group and I agree I need to broaden my list. Can you help me with some good college names which will be most appropriate to be added to my school list, in light of my profile and future interests?

In that case: Johnson, Tepper, NYU, Virginia would be good places to start. They all have solid finance placements, and are a bit out of the Top 10, so should be a bit more realistic.

ananddas1984 wrote:
Thanks,

You're welcome!!!

Jon,

Thanks again for the excellent assessment and giving a great realty check. Also, I agree with the additions to the list that you have recommended. I will surely give a shot to some of the colleges that you have recommended. Again, big thanks,
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
You got it dude!

Good luck to you!
Moderator:
Admissionado
9233 posts