Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 14:24 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: request your kind attention LInda [#permalink]
Expert Reply
roentgen007 wrote:
Hi Linda
Thanks for ur adivce on my case. But this had been my 2nd attempt. First was in 2002 when i got 610 in GMAT. And i am not sure if i can manage to take it again.
So please advice which B-school pref. in US or in Europe/Australia can i look forward for a successfull application admit.
At the moment i was thinking of trying at some of the below:-
1.)University of North Caroline-Chapel Hill
2.)University of Chicago
3.)New york university
4.) Ohio State university
5.)Cornell University
6.) UIUC
7.)Cambridge - Judge Institute
8.)Oxford - Said business school
9.)Melbourne Business school
10.) London Business School
11.) INSEAD - France
12.) IMD Switzerland
Also is there no use to apply to dream schools like Wharton, Columbia, Yale, Duke etc

Please adivise.
Waiting for ur reply
Thanking You in anticipation

You have a reasonable chance at the following schoos from your list:

University of North Caroline-Chapel Hill
Ohio State university
Cornell University
UIUC
Cambridge - Judge Institute
Oxford - Said business school
Melbourne Business school

Your chances are poor at Wharton, Columbia, Yale, Duke .

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Request your kind attention PLszzzzz [#permalink]
Hi
I have recently given the GMAT. scored 690( Math 50 Verbal 32 AWA 5)
I will be having 4 yrs experience in the Telecom industry by next year fall when i want to join the MBA. I have just started applying. Can you please let me know from my list which school i have a chance and where is not? Whatever tips you can give my are welcome....
My profile:-
I am a 25 years of age male from India.
After GMAT I am stuck at which schools might accept my application so that i can apply to the ones which are the best i can get into. Please help me out.
My background is:-
1.) extremely good academics in school level with 92% and 85.2% in class X and XII.
2.) Electronics and Communications engg from National Institute of Technology, Trichy( one of the premeir engg. colleges in India).CGPA was 7.1 out of 10.
3.) I have 1 year work exp. in VERIZON India then 1 yr in SAMSUNG, and presently working in MOTOROLA. total exp will be 4 yrs when matriculate.
4.) Have really good extracullicular and sports activities histroy.
5.) GMAT score is 690(Q50,V32) 95%le in Math and 66%le in Verbal

Kindly answer all the Queries that i have put above and Please let me know the best places across the US and the globe, where ...
This is my list:-
Cornell
Chicago
Kellogg

Yale
LBS
Darden

UCLA
Oxford
Ross
Purdue

Indiana
INSEAD
Cambridge
Cranfield

Thanx a lot in anticipation... pls do reply....
roentgen007
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
Re: Request your kind attention PLszzzzz [#permalink]
roentgen007 wrote:
Hi
I will be having 4 yrs experience in the Telecom industry by next year fall when i want to join the MBA. I have just started applying. Can you please let me know from my list which school i have a chance and where is not? Whatever tips you can give my are welcome....
After GMAT I am stuck at which schools might accept my application so that i can apply to the ones which are the best i can get into. Please help me out.
1.) extremely good academics in school level with 92% and 85.2% in class X and XII.
2.) Electronics and Communications engg from National Institute of Technology, Trichy( one of the premeir engg. colleges in India).CGPA was 7.1 out of 10.
3.) I have 1 year work exp. in VERIZON India then 1 yr in SAMSUNG, and presently working in MOTOROLA. total exp will be 4 yrs when matriculate.

Kindly answer all the Queries that i have put above and Please let me know the best places across the US and the globe, where ...
Cornell
Chicago
Kellogg

Yale
LBS
Darden

UCLA
Oxford
Ross
Purdue

Indiana
INSEAD
Cambridge
Cranfield

roentgen007

roentgen007,

It's difficult to say what your chances are because you mentioned nothing about your leadership or community profile. Your negatives are the commonality of your background (male, Indian, IT) and the fact that you seem to move from job to job fairly often. Given that your GMAT is not especially high for your profile, I would say your chances are poor at INSEAD, UCLA, Chicago, Kellogg, LBS, and Darden; somewhat better than poor at Michigan, Cornell, Oxford, Judge, and Yale; and decent to good at Cranfield, Indiana, and Purdue.

Good luck,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pbodine wrote:
roentgen007 wrote:
Hi

Cornell
Chicago
Kellogg

Yale
LBS
Darden

UCLA
Oxford
Ross
Purdue

Indiana
INSEAD
Cambridge
Cranfield

roentgen007

roentgen007,

It's difficult to say what your chances are because you mentioned nothing about your leadership or community profile. Your negatives are the commonality of your background (male, Indian, IT) and the fact that you seem to move from job to job fairly often. Given that your GMAT is not especially high for your profile, I would say your chances are poor at INSEAD, UCLA, Chicago, Kellogg, LBS, and Darden; somewhat better than poor at Michigan, Cornell, Oxford, Judge, and Yale; and decent to good at Cranfield, Indiana, and Purdue.

Good luck,

HI Paul
Thanx for ur assessment. I am sorry, i dint know that i was to mention abt my leadership and community profile too. Here goes...
I hold Leadership experiences as division overall co-ordinator for Samsung's annual day events which I led the team to Runners Up. Also in College I was elected the class representative. I have changed job at 1 a year.,but have since got much more responsibilites than peers, also it shows my risk taking ability also. I unofficially lead a team of small team of 3 for Motorola.

Community service: I have been part of Rotaract during college days. Founding member of the DIversity Council at Verizon, during the Tsunami days, initiated and took part of many help programs for Tsunami victims in India.
Also during my home trips i have been working with couple of NGO like RahatGhar and SavetheChild which are into providing relief to victims of terrorism attacks in Kashmir...

Apart fom that i am a dextrous sportsman, play almost every sport. Have won Gold medal for Badminton at College Meet, Club level medal for Table Tennis and Cricket.
Good recos and good essays to supplement my candidature.
Also last year when i applied in R3 with my prev score of 670 i got an i/w call from Oxford.

I hope that helps....Please let me know what can u tell abt my schools' chances now?
Also if u can suggest me some schools that you think i shud apply at my kinda profile thn let me know.
Thanx for the help...
roentgen007
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
roentgen007 wrote:
pbodine wrote:
roentgen007 wrote:
Hi

Cornell
Chicago
Kellogg

Yale
LBS
Darden

UCLA
Oxford
Ross
Purdue

Indiana
INSEAD
Cambridge
Cranfield

roentgen007

roentgen007,

Good luck,

HI Paul
Thanx for ur assessment. I am sorry, i dint know that i was to mention abt my leadership and community profile too. Here goes...
I hold Leadership experiences as division overall co-ordinator for Samsung's annual day events which I led the team to Runners Up. Also in College I was elected the class representative. I have changed job at 1 a year.,but have since got much more responsibilites than peers, also it shows my risk taking ability also. I unofficially lead a team of small team of 3 for Motorola.

Community service: I have been part of Rotaract during college days. Founding member of the DIversity Council at Verizon, during the Tsunami days, initiated and took part of many help programs for Tsunami victims in India.
Also during my home trips i have been working with couple of NGO like RahatGhar and SavetheChild which are into providing relief to victims of terrorism attacks in Kashmir...

Apart fom that i am a dextrous sportsman, play almost every sport. Have won Gold medal for Badminton at College Meet, Club level medal for Table Tennis and Cricket.
Good recos and good essays to supplement my candidature.
Also last year when i applied in R3 with my prev score of 670 i got an i/w call from Oxford.

I hope that helps....Please let me know what can u tell abt my schools' chances now?
Also if u can suggest me some schools that you think i shud apply at my kinda profile thn let me know.
Thanx for the help...
roentgen007

roentgen007,

Thanks for the additional info. I'll stick with the odds I gave in my previous reply. I can't recommend other schools because I don't know your post-MBA goals.

--Paul
GMAT Club Bot