Last visit was: 05 Jun 2024, 02:47 It is currently 05 Jun 2024, 02:47
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2031 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 331 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 2031 [0]
Given Kudos: 204
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Re: how many repeats does it take to squeeze the GMATPrep1 dry? [#permalink]
prateekbhatt wrote:
MensaNumber wrote:
Hi experts, I was wondering how many repeats does it take to squeeze the GMATPrep1 dry? Thanks!

The new software got one pool for 2 gmat prep tests, only retake when you have taken both the tests....

Thanks for your advice. However, I have already taken several retakes for GMATPrep1 and now realize that I have rendered GPrep2 useless as a true gauge of my predicted perfomance on the actual GMAT. :-(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: IIMB (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Insurance)
Send PM
I took both the tests and then did a reset for the question pool. When I retook the 1st test, I saw close to 24 questions that I was sure I had seen earlier.

Also another thing I noted was that some of the SCs and the CRs that I saw pretty late in the 2nd test came right upfront in the retest. Really not sure what to make of it.

Now with 2 weeks to go, I am thinking of buying the new exam pack1 coz GMAT prep is virtually useless for me in terms of getting a realistic picture.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
 Q47  V31
Send PM
MensaNumber wrote:
Thanks for your advice. However, I have already taken several retakes for GMATPrep1 and now realize that I have rendered GPrep2 useless as a true gauge of my predicted perfomance on the actual GMAT. :-(

Does that mean that GPrep1 and GPrep2 share the question pool.
I think I read you say thet you have attempted only GPrep1 multiple times. How does that render GPrep2 useless ?

Is it not correct that each software gives you 2 unique tests (so 4 in total where you can expect to see all new questions) ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Send PM
Yeah in the new software the two tests share the same question pool so you should take both the tests once and then reset both and hope to get some new questions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: IIMB (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Insurance)
Send PM
By GMATPrep2 if you mean the new exam pack(costing $40 ) ? then yes they do have different question pool. At least that's what I have heard and planning to purchase them as well.

As far as the free GMATprep software is concerned, as I said before , I gave 3 tests in total and during the 3rd test saw lot of duplicate questions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
 Q47  V31
Send PM
ashkul123 wrote:
By GMATPrep2 if you mean the new exam pack(costing $40 ) ? then yes they do have different question pool. At least that's what I have heard and planning to purchase them as well.

As far as the free GMATprep software is concerned, as I said before , I gave 3 tests in total and during the 3rd test saw lot of duplicate questions.

I should have made it clear. I meant GmatPrepV1.1 vs GMATPrepV2 software (V1.1 is not officially available on GMAC.com but is available as exe on gmatclub). Since these are two different executable softwares, my assumption is that they dont share questions among them.
(see - https://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-prep-power-prep-official-free-gmat-tests-77548.html )

i.e. you can take 2 unique mock tests using v1.1 and another 2 unique mocks using v2 (with no overlap of Q among these 4 tests). Is it correct ?
GMAT Club Bot