Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 22:17 It is currently 14 May 2024, 22:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1542 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I couldn't agree with you more Paul!!!

Thanks for you input!! I was about to write a post of mine own..
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 198 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
First off, congrats on ur score and good to see u are happy with it ! However, your post adds no "value" to anyone's prep, if I were a GMAT aspirant, I wud rather read that lengthy post than your short summary. Remember, not everyone is alike and one is free to read or ignore a post. However, time and time again I have seen that ppl give credit to those long posts for their success rather than to a post which only says: "Math was easy", "verbal was tough" and "these are my practice scores". I am sure your detailed test exp would have helped other candidates, even if you had chosen not to talk about what u ate and how u handled stress, which is as valuable as the test prep itself.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Paul wrote:
Although I do commend you on your great score, I have to disagree with your point of view on the preparation details that some people previously wrote.

For one, you did not even write down how the quant and sections were like, other than "easy" or "tough" which will incidentally have no value for future gmat test takers. Secondly, the GMAT preparation is a holistic approach and for some people, it involves more than getting the fundamentals right; it involves preparing one's body and mind. Besides, I do not think there is anything wrong with writing about one's experience on eating or going to the bathroom during the exam as it could, under time constraint, have a detrimental effect which perhaps others could learn from. Even though you do not regard that as valuable information, it does not entitle you to discredit it as "crap" and blame other people's lack of success on their own self-confidence problem. It is just being inconsiderate and abrasive to the extreme.

Hi Paul.

I didnt term lack of success as lack of self confidence. But self sympathy is not the ideal way to express your disappointment. We all fail at times but then you really dont have to let the whole world know about that. I am not at all inconsiderate about anyone irrespective of whether the person is successful or not.

I ll elaborate on the test questions.
1. Quant : There was a geometry question related to polygon which was a bit tricky. It had to do with internal angles of polygons.So do read the properties of internal angles of polygon.I wasnt able to solve that. There were couple of Probabilities questions which were quite simple. Data Sufficiency was the easiest part with all the questions straightforward & complexity wise much simpler than any of the doubts people have posted on the Quant forum. For data sufficieny my advise is always solve the problem & get the result even when you are sure that Option A or B will gives the result.
2. Verbal : Started with 3 Sentence Correction questions & then there were couple of questions which were like a small paragraph with 2 lines in bold.The question was around the relationship between the 2 bold lines. Not very sure but think hav seen such kind of questions in the GMAT Prep Tests.Total of 4 RC's were there.Each of around 60-65 lines.
My guess is that GMAT Prep gives the best indication of where one stands in terms of the preparation.

cheers
Davesh.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
> People start writing poems on this forum on getting a good score.

Now that is a good idea.

How about a limerick ?

There was a young man with 720
Who wanted a place at Sloan M.I.T.
He skipped lunch - a mistake
To stop a crap in the break
When there would only be time for a pee

Can anyone do a haiku ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Dave on your achievement. :lol: :lol: :lol:
...and good luck with your apps. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Richardj, you shouldn't be applying to Business School i hope! I'll suggest you write songs for em.....(who's the worst musician on earth?) :wink: :lol:
Hey, ignore me! just kidding!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 226 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
:cool
Congrats Davesh!! All the best with the apps!!

What happens with an individual on the day of the test -what breakfast he had or what he did six months ago may not be of any consequence to you but it does inspire people like me to put in that extra bit... thinking.. if he had to go through all that... he was a bundle of nerves.. then I'm human too.

We really appreciate everyone sharing their testday, test prep experiences.

Once again... great score!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37424 posts