Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 23:59 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 23:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Request ! [#permalink]
Hi Cindy,

I just gave the GMAT again today and here's my score:

IR=8/8
AWA = Not available yet (Expecting a 6, hopefully)
Quant = 50
Verbal = 40
Total = 740

Thoughts ?

Best
Sid
CindyTAccepted wrote:
Hello,

You’ve got many strengths that go a long way toward differentiating you among the over-represented group of Indians with a tech background. Your academics look quite sound, but more importantly your work experience is stellar. Extracurriculars are interesting as well, though that is less of a factor. The weakest component is the GMAT score, relatively low for your demographic.

I do think that for Stanford and HBS, you would need to raise the GMAT to 730+ be a truly competitive applicant. Without doing so, they would be very high reasonable reaches, perhaps unrealistic. I might say the same for Columbia as well, as it has tended to put more emphasis on a high GMAT (I’ve seen waitlisted applicants at Columbia with a 700 be advised by the adcom to raise the score to improve their candidacy). I believe that the other programs would be reasonable reaches (assuming stellar applications) of varying degrees. That said, raising the GMAT, if possible, would help a great deal with them too.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Good luck with the next GMAT! As for waiting for a year, if you do raise your GMAT a bit, I don't see much upside. Applying this year, with a great application you might get in, and worst case, you'd just reapply next cycle. It's not a negative factor to be a reapplicant if it came to that (except for INSEAD, which you haven't mentioned).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear Cindy,

That 740 is my latest GMAT score. I gave the GMAT for the second time on 27/5/2014. You reckon I need to give it again ?? (BTW, my officials scores are out and the essay is a 6 too !

Best
Sid

CindyTAccepted wrote:
Good luck with the next GMAT! As for waiting for a year, if you do raise your GMAT a bit, I don't see much upside. Applying this year, with a great application you might get in, and worst case, you'd just reapply next cycle. It's not a negative factor to be a reapplicant if it came to that (except for INSEAD, which you haven't mentioned).
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congratulations on the improved GMAT! You're set to go --
GMAT Club Bot