Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 03:09 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 03:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Eternal Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 200 [0]
Send PM
Eternal Intern
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Sure sure [#permalink]
Dont be over confident the GMAT can be a very humbling experience!!Don't forget its an adaptive test!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
relax buddy [#permalink]
nikerun..whats the matter with you..relax . GMAT is not the end-goal in itself. What you learn during the MBA is.

You probably will do well in GMAT, but that euphoria will remain only for a few days. Focus on other things in life.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Studying for 2 years is not only a waste tome time, it is also detrimental to how you will perform. I don't know one person on Earth who can study the same thing day in, day out for 2 years. Also, from your other posts, you really need to reconsider the 800 GMAT score high your on. You don't need an 800 to get into a great B-School -- You need a good reason, good attitude, and a good plan for what you want to do with your life. Going to B-school is a reflection of several criteria, not just your GMAT. From what you've displayed to everyone so far on this forum, I haven't seen any of the qualities ADCOMM's will look for in you yet.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Talk is cheap... [#permalink]
nikerun21 wrote:
well I got 1996,1997,1998-99,2001 Kaplan Course Book editions, and I must say these are honestly the best books out there, they give hard questions and i dont know half of it, but when i go throuhg all those books and the official guide, i have like 10 books serioulsy, The Home Study and Lessons of 4 courses, and then go for the offical guide, and its a slam dunk 800, i have to read 5,000 pages of GMAT material so it will take im guessing 2 yrs, then illg et my 800. HEHEHEHHEHHEHE

Dude, if you don't understand half the concepts before you even start studying, there's no way you're going to get an 800 in 2 years! The quant stuff is basic algebra and arithmetic you should know already.

Remember, the hardest questions on the quant section of the GMAT don't get published anywhere. Even if you knew how to solve ALL the Kaplan problems with your eyes closed, you're still going to see problems that will kick your butt.

Talk is cheap. You should have just scored a 1600 on your SAT, gotten a 4.0 at an Ivy and become an I-banker. Why b-school? :roll:

Speaking of slam dunk...if you just want to get rich, why don't you just practice your jump shot for 2 years and then go play in the NBA? I give you the same chance making it to the NBA as getting an 800 from my perception of your sophomoric intellect.

Prove me wrong...I'll eat my words.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Re: hi [#permalink]
nikerun21 wrote:
well I got 1996,1997,1998-99,2001 Kaplan Course Book editions, and I must say these are honestly the best books out there, they give hard questions and i dont know half of it, but when i go throuhg all those books and the official guide, i have like 10 books serioulsy, The Home Study and Lessons of 4 courses, and then go for the offical guide, and its a slam dunk 800, i have to read 5,000 pages of GMAT material so it will take im guessing 2 yrs, then illg et my 800. HEHEHEHHEHHEHE

Agree with what hota said 100%
Just cross 680-700 and that itself will be a humbling experience.
Not sure what your goals are, but a MBA wont teach you how to be realistic if you dont want to face reality.

If your posts tell something about you and thats twice now , you have a
lot to learn , son. you could use some maturity.

Thanks
Praetorian
Intern
Intern
Send PM
he has a lot to kick..... [#permalink]
Well..well If I had a son like Nike21 with a stinking attitude (God forbid)I would have shot him ..and then killed myself...of course !!! after ensuring that he is really .

This child has a lot to learn....I feel sorry for him.But it is still not late before....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
True 'Dat [#permalink]
Nikerun if you emulate the same snotty attitude that I have seen in some of your previous posts to potential B-schools in the future you will not be seeing any acceptance letters.

MBA programs want to see maturity and leadership something that can only be gained through work experience. An 800 is not going to guarantee you anything. Choose to believe me or not, but you will learn the hard way.
Eternal Intern
hi [#permalink]
first off an 800 is hard as hell. But if i did manage an 800 anyone would let me in except prolly harvard or someone like that. Theres always a couple 22 years old in business school, like its really rare to get an 800, that stands out. Chicago and NW would let an 800 kid in. But im just hoping for a 720-750, and work a couple years and apply.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ahh I see [#permalink]
I see you are learning grasshopper. Work experience coupled with a high GMAT score is the ticket to a great B-school.
GMAT Club Bot
Ahh I see [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts