Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 08:56 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 08:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date

Do you find Aysel's strategies useful?

52% [13]
16% [4]
16% [4]
16% [4]
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [2]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Aysel's Strategies [#permalink]
Hi,

While explaining Sentence Correction strategy, you wrote "For me GMAT+ latest edition has helped me in sentence correction." You mean the GMAT official guide and Grammar smart from Princeton. Were you refereing to any other book.

-Mrugendra
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
mrug wrote:
Hi,

While explaining Sentence Correction strategy, you wrote "For me GMAT+ latest edition has helped me in sentence correction." You mean the GMAT official guide and Grammar smart from Princeton. Were you refereing to any other book.

-Mrugendra

The above post is a reprint of anoyher person's post; just though I'd make that clear. The author is Aysel.
As to GMAT plus, these are well known collections of questions of unknown origin. There are several places online where you can find them. There are links to several of those places in the links section, see the sample tests section that contains 20 various links to tests.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bb wrote:

700. Verbal:
My strategies work especially for sentence correction section: In sentence correction, there are only about 8 types of questions ETS is testing, but upto 40 variations within those 8 types. Go through all the 250 sentence correction questions in the official guide. Since in the official guide they do not publish all the patterns of questions (they publish about 1/3 of total patterns), you need to practice at least ten more actual tests from previous GMATs. PR or Kaplan does not have all the variations. You need to get previous GMAT tests, which are not published by ETS. Prepare a table that you can list your mistakes.

Hi bb,

It seems like from Aysel's comments that there is some way to obtain previous GMAT tests. I understand that I can download 2 tests from their site. What do I need to do in order to get more tests? I'd like to obtain them even if they are on paper/pencil.

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
asimraja wrote:
bb wrote:

700. Verbal:
My strategies work especially for sentence correction section: In sentence correction, there are only about 8 types of questions ETS is testing, but upto 40 variations within those 8 types. Go through all the 250 sentence correction questions in the official guide. Since in the official guide they do not publish all the patterns of questions (they publish about 1/3 of total patterns), you need to practice at least ten more actual tests from previous GMATs. PR or Kaplan does not have all the variations. You need to get previous GMAT tests, which are not published by ETS. Prepare a table that you can list your mistakes.

Hi bb,

It seems like from Aysel's comments that there is some way to obtain previous GMAT tests. I understand that I can download 2 tests from their site. What do I need to do in order to get more tests? I'd like to obtain them even if they are on paper/pencil.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Well, there are several ways...

one, you can purchase older GMAT Guides for pennies off the Amazon; I have not seen an older guide, but this is what people say they do.

Two, you can download the GMAT+ tests - there is one link currently in the link section. There used to be more, but the owners of those tests, removed them from the internet. But that one should be enough by itself....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
please let me know where i can purchases gmat+ material. thank you.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts