Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 01:36 It is currently 23 May 2024, 01:36
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8  ...  66   
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
Hi all,

I started using this forum around 2 weeks ago and it has been really helpful.Just wanted to introduce myself to people here.

I have a B.S in Electrical Engineering from the University of Bombay.
I have been working in the IT industry as a programmer for 3 years and am currently based in Boston, MA.

I am aiming for an MBA in Finance from a good university in the US.

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello. I'm a new member.

I am a 1999 Bus Admin grad from Univ of WA, Seattle, WA (UW). After a couple "odd" jobs in finance/IT, I've settled down at Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) as a Sr. Associate. I've been here nearly four years. I feel it's time for graduate education in order to become more knowledgeable and marketable in the business world as I intend to switch gears and go from VC/commercial banking to investment banking.

I was a 3.3 student at the UW and thought I was on a role as I've accomplished many feats at work and have been promoted twice while at SVB. I decided to take the GMAT this year as I was aiming for a 2006 or early 2007 start at my MBA. I self-studied for about two months straight while working full time. I was getting about every 7-8 problems correct throughout the OG. Then I took the damn test on 10/31/05. Got a 450. Q(20)V(35) or something close to that breakdown (I was so pissed, I didn't bother to take a second look at the screen and I threw the paper away as well so I only saw the breakdown once). My goal was to score in the mid 600’s. I obviously blew the Q in general. I believe it was due to not understanding the underlying fundamentals of the math concepts while I was studying and the approach that I took. I have to be honest in that I didn't take any of the PP 4-hour tests or any kind of 4 hour simulated tests.
I stumbled upon this site as I was searching for assistance to improve my score. It has been great inspiration.

One thing I noticed off the bat was that I have yet to not come across anyone in this forum saying they took a PR or Kaplan class. I'm sure some have but it seems most have self studied. I am asking if anyone can give me their honest opinion as to whether or not a $1000+ class is truly needed. Also, there are many strategies out there that might be fitting towards my Q needs. I intend to retake this test sometime in Q2 2006 so I will have between 6-9 months to study. I have seen Paul's regimen and I've taken that into account.

I look forward to further reading the posts at GMATclub.com! Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

I m anupam from jaipur. I m in my final year of engineering(Electronics and comm). I have heard very much about this forum and would love to join it.

bye
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey everyone. My name is Chris. I registered on this webpage a few days ago and I have to say that this is an awesome club. It's really great to see so many people willing to help each other. Hopefully, I can add to the collective thought. I took the GMAT today and scored horribly. I did very well on the verbal but tanked the math. The funny thing is that I thought I was doing pretty good on the math portion. I got some pretty indepth geo. questions and felt like I was on a glide path. I was extremely shocked when I saw my score (580). I took the Kaplan Course and I scored 600 - 620 on the practice CATS pretty consistently. I am going to retest on the 16th of December. Anyway, I wanted to say thanks to the creators of this website and wish everyone else luck in their endeavors.

Please shoot me an email if you have any advice (cwolfe17@hotmail.com). I will be on here daily so I'll talk to ya later.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 386 [0]
Send PM
Well what about me, my name is Rocco I am Italian, currently an Econ Student working on my final thesis. Are just 2 days that I am starting to get familiar to the Gmat test, my goal is to prepare the test in about 3 months (sitting for it around february) hitting a 700+ in order to get in one of the top European Msc of Finance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just another S/W Engineer in India with about 2.5years Work-Exp. I have completed B.E. [Electrical and Electronics Engg] and planning to join M.B.A. [2/1 year program] to ease my entry into managerial grade in a Technical company.

All the best for prospective MBA Applicants.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am taking GMAT for the second time in Feb, aiming for 690+. In Oct. I scored 510. (Yikes!) I've purchased Kaplan 2005, OG 11th, and PR 2001. My dream school is Notre Dame. I'll graduate in Spring with BA in Economics from CSUSB. I find this forum supportive as well as inspirational. Good luck to everyone!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I'm a bit different than most MBA students.

First off, names. Daniel Drummond here, with a BA from Baylor University (1983) in, well, English. That's a long story, and basically represents one of several poor career decisions early on.

Short resume, I'm 45 years old, married with children, and have been with four companies in 22+ years working. Cinema Management, followed by Healthcare Provider Network, then a very brief bit as an A/R Manager for an office machine distributor, and for the last 5+ years Operations Management for a Retail Electric Provider. Heavy work in Accounting and Business Management, with some internal auditing experience and an unnatural degree of interest in the particulars of Sarbanes-Oxley.

So, I have substantial practical experience, but have discovered that many companies inist on a paper showing a degree in the field. So, I am working full-time but pursuing my MBA as well, which means part-time school or online. The available online MBA programs seemed attractive at first, but for various reasons there does not appear to be an iMBA which will serve as well as one from the part-time courses. Several area schools offer a Saturday MBA, which would be optimal (my schedule as a manager sometimes is unpredictable Monday through Friday) provided I can get in. Present target schools include the University of St. Thomas, Rice, Texas A&M, possibly Houston Baptist University and University of Texas - Austin, if I can get more information to show they offer what I want to add to my portfolio.

I have no worries about my resume, but I am fully aware that the GMAT will be far more decisive for me than for most people. First run through the Kaplan test gave me a '620', not horrible, but far below what I plan to earn. Already I see areas where study and practice should help, especially in gaining familiarity with the format and test pace.

I am presently using materials from Princeton Review and Kaplan, and have also thoroughly enjoyed the volume and quality of Quant. material available here. This site has already proved to me well worth the time and work, and I greatly appreciate the work of the hosts and members.

Thank you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 280 [0]
Send PM
Hi

My name is santosh. I work for a company here in the boston area. I started my prep last yeaar and had to stop midway coz of unavoidable reasouns.. this time around I have made myself a good plan. I will be writing my GMAT april 2006..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
scoring 700+ is easier than i thought.
if your quant is good, just nail it. its easy to nail quant than struggle improving verbal because verbal has few rules and more exceptions.
verbal: even an average performance might not be so bad.
my score: Q50, V39, 740
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Hi all,

Joined this forum few weeks back . Extremly great site.Lots of info. Guys are great here .

Most likely will appear for GMAT in March/April 2006 .

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi..i am siddharth..jus posted a long one bout my gmat experience at sid.sandy..joinded the forum only tdy..nice one to read so many gmat and mba stuff..kudos to all who've kept the club goin gr8..given my gmat with a 730(q50,v38)..all other info there in my post..lukin fwd for some nice replies..cheers..sid :lol:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

First post in the GMATclub forum. Decided to write the GMAT this month and the 'G' date has been fixed for the 16th of Feb. I know this is a short time for prepparing for the GMAT, but hey .. you never know...

I am really impressed by the discussions that go on in here and the advice from peers.. thanks guys.. I have created my study plan based on a compilation of the infromation available here..

thanks..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am so glad to have found a forum like this.
I have just started preparing for my GMAT and I am aiming at getting into London Business Shcool. I have a Bsc IT degree and have been working in the pension industry.

I have about one month to prepare for the GMAT so I need all the help I can get. My Ideal score is 700+ and I know I can do it. My area of weakness is the writing skills but I must say the critical reasoning is quite tought too. Math is my strong point and I am not too worried about that part.

If anyone has any comment about completing the GMAT prep in one month please let me know.

Its great to be part of this comunity and you will see a lot of me for the next month.
Speak later and above all Wu Wei.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am Dee and i am very glad to join this forum. I am a Software Architect here in Chicago and am taking GMAT on 18th of March. It is a real challenge to alternate between work and a tough assignment like preparing for GMAT. I have a simple plan to attempt it. Read OG completely before i give 2 tests including PowerPrep and a Crack GMAT test. I got a 600 on GMAT 6 years ago and aim to do better. I hope to interact with all of you people in the next 2 months and post my experiences.

Regards,
Dee
Intern
Intern
Send PM
INSEAD has always been my dream and i hope to start off with a 15 day plan to my effort to write GMAT on 18th March. I am aiming at a 700+ score and i believe i should get to my dream on the very first attempt. I started with the OG and my going is alrite for now. I will post my experiences as i go.

Regards,
Dee
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Dear Dee,
Many people who want to study alone have taken the GMAX Online course and found it to be their most useful tool. It is a shame to waste the questions in the OG10 before you actually learn the material beforehand.
Regards and good luck,
Leanna
info@gmaxonline.com
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8  ...  66