GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Aug 2018, 21:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
S
Schools: Haas '20
GPA: 2.99
WE: Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 10:03
Hey everyone,

My name is Alan. I'm somewhat new to the community here. I'm from the Bay Area and my target school is Haas. I've been very fortunate to find this community here. I've been studying on and off for a couple of months and truth be told, I'm terrible at standardized tests. But from what I read, as long as I am methodical in my studying, and very persistent with my error logs I will eventually come out on top.
Intern
Intern
S
Schools: Haas '20
GPA: 2.99
WE: Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 10:03
Hey everyone,

My name is Alan. I'm somewhat new to the community here. I'm from the Bay Area and my target school is Haas. I've been very fortunate to find this community here. I've been studying on and off for a couple of months and truth be told, I'm terrible at standardized tests. But from what I read, as long as I am methodical in my studying, and very persistent with my error logs I will eventually come out on top.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Feb 2016, 08:21
Hii guys, I'm Pavan. I enrolled to this forum last month and closely following it. I find it very helpful in practicing questions of varying complexities. Also its very good to see the analysis of answers from different guys which is helping me to see the answer in different dimensions. I'm planning to take the exam in July. I really hope to get lot of stuff from this forum. All the Best to all guys who are going to take the exam in near future. Happy Studying :-)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2016, 08:40
I am new to the group and this will be my first attempt to GMAT - working for a MNC and has approx. 8 years of experience - I am based in Istanbul, really need to get out of here and go to US! :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Finance
WE: Information Technology (Consumer Products)

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2016, 02:39
Hi,

I am Vanshika from India. I am currently working in Coca Cola India Pvt Ltd as part of my college's 6 month internship program. I am interning for the IT Dept in sales force automation.
I plan on pursuing MBA next year for which I'll be giving my Gmat around September. My target country is America and like everyone else I also plan to pursue my degree from the top tier colleges.

My concern is my lack of work experience, which is an important criteria for selection in all these colleges.
Also I am a bit messed up and confused as to where to start and how to go about things. Hence I planned to join this forum so that I can find solutions to some of the problems.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Mar 2016, 00:50
Hi all,
My name is Shrinks (a nickname that has stuck for years and i don't know where it came from), Australian/Kenyan, living and working at present in East Africa. Ive had 5 years management consulting experience in Australia, USA and New Zealand, graduated from the University of Melbourne in Arts and Commerce dual degrees.
This is the first time time im taking the GMAT, always had the plan to go to B-School and now i feel ready. Guess my brain needs to jumpstart and i feel ive plateaued professionally so i want to do the MBA and set up a development consulting business in Africa.
Target score is 700+, Ive been practising the GMAT for 3 weeks now and its been slow especially because I live in Mombasa which is a small city in Kenya and there are NO GMAT study groups or resources and I sometimes feel quite demotivated doing this alone..feels like im climbing mt everest on my own! I would like to take the test in July 2016...hoping to find some likeminded people who can help me through the process and i would be happy to also be a virtual study buddy to anyone (if people do that here at all..)

Loving the concept of this group and hearing all your stories..it certainly is motivating me that i'll be learning from very smart minds in the forum. All the best and looking forward to climbing this mountain together!

Cheers,
Shrinks
Intern
Intern
amrita: rana
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
GMAT Date: 11-09-2014
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2016, 11:24
Hello Everyone
My name is amrita.
AM giving my GMAT on 16th June.
Its my first attempt and i seek 770 Plus score on gmat and seek support.
Would be happy to get some support from all of you.
Good luck to others and thanks in advance for the amazing people helping others in this journey.
-Amrita
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V33
WE: Sales (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2016, 09:34
amritar wrote:
Hello Everyone
My name is amrita.
AM giving my GMAT on 16th June.
Its my first attempt and i seek 770 Plus score on gmat and seek support.
Would be happy to get some support from all of you.
Good luck to others and thanks in advance for the amazing people helping others in this journey.
-Amrita

Hello Amrita!
Ambitious GMAT target score i should say! Wish you success to score that high!

"Are you gangsters?" - "No we are Russians!"

Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.9
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 06 Apr 2016, 20:57
Hey guys,

Just getting started with my GMAT prep and thought I would introduce myself:

-31 years old
-BS in Business (international business and finance) from Moore (South Carolina) 2007
-8 years as project manager in automotive manufacturing industry
-took GMAT in 2007 (don't remember the total score, but crushed verbal, quant crushed me..I think around 600 total)
-hoping to score 700. Not sure if this is feasible, but I'll give it a go
-giving myself 3 months of daily study, OG bundle + mba dot com software
-looking to land some scholarship money to a normally too expensive online program. Combined with my employers reimbursement scheme, I hope to be as close to zero out of pocket as possible...
-interested in a business analytics concentration

Anyway, that's the quick and dirty. I welcome any feedback, mba program suggestions to look into, etc. looking forward to spending some time on the boards over the next few months!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2016, 09:45
I'm naveentulsi. A software engineer by profession working in Bangalore, India. Planning to take GMAT next year. Starting early I know. :-D I think this is the first time I am posting about myself in a forum. Sorry for my English if any mistakes. :)

*I have 15 months of experience as Software consultant for Oracle applications.
*Worked with global customers in implementing diverse CRM systems.
*Planning to start early for GMAT. As I wish to get into ISB. :)
*I have done Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication from MD University, Rohtak with 60%. I know it is less. But still want to give it a try. :-D

That is all about myself.
Today morning I came across this forum and ended up spending half of my day browsing the web pages here.Before this, I was clueless where to start my preparations. But after going through few threads here I got some idea, starting point.

naveentulsi
Current Student
B
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.3
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 May 2016, 11:24
Hello. My name is Purvil and I am a Mechanical & Aerospace engineer from University of Florida and currently living in Houston, TX. I have been working at an Oil & Gas company for about 3 years now and I am looking to take the GMAT in July or so. I want to switch industry and career and want to work in the tech industry. I have been lurking on Gclub for a few weeks now and really appreciate all the information here. Thanks for all the effort!

Good luck to everyone on the GMAT.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GPA: 3.63
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2016, 05:12
Hi guys,

I am Thang from Hungary. I am just finishing my Bachelor studies in Finance and Accounting and going to apply for universities abroad. I would like to achieve a decent GMAT score like everyone else here. I am glad that I have found this incredible club, hopefully I can learn a lot from you and find a lot of useful stuffs that help my preparation. I plan to take the GMAT in August and hope to crush it :-D
Good luck to everyone and looking forward to gain valuable insights into the GMAT.

Cheers, Thang
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2016, 15:00
Hi all.

I'm WorkSmart from the USA. I graduated with a bachelors in business finance two years ago. After that I worked Finance and Accounting for a publicly traded manufacturing company that specializes in military applications and government contracts. Before my bachelors I worked as a salesman and then as a blue collar Welder for a manufacturing company :)

I took a practice test from Princeton review that indicated I would get roughly a 530 on the real test. I made plans to attend a business school that would accept that score from someone of my background (they are roughly ranked 25 in terms of MBA's).

When I walked out of the test center I couldn't believe it. Not only did the real test feel easier than my practice test, but I got a score of 640! I was accepted to the school I planned to go to, but with this high score I decided that going to Harvard was not just a dream but a real possibility. I put down my job and have been studying for a month now. No guts no glory!

My wife is really counting on me to get this done right. I'm here to humbly seek some sage advice and learn what I need to succeed before I take the GMAT for a second time and aim for a 700+.

According to my results on the real GMAT, and how I feel with practice questions, my weakness seems to be quant. Especially data sufficiency questions that have to do with equation writing and equation simplification.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2016, 15:39
Welcome to GMAT Club Guys!
Here is a quick overview of the benefits available to all members - gmat-club-member-benefits-in-detail-218149.html

Worksmart - don't get your wife's expectations too high. You don't want to build up too much risk and have 2 dings in 1 ;-) They are looking for a lot more than the GMAT score at top 10 schools since everyone is applying with a 700, droves of folks with 700 - you will probably stand out more with a 640, frankly.... and quitting a job should always be the last resort measure as that has an implication on your package, LOR's, resume, etc. I hope you took a break and did not actually quit.

Good Luck!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2016, 18:14
Thanks BB. Hehe it's okay I do well under pressure. Yeah from the research i've done I will fit the bill in other categories and have a unique story to articulate (blue collar tech degree and touch labor experience in teenage years, plus bachelors degree and corp finance/accounting/marketing work later on)... But I see potential to raise the GMAT score so i'm trying that before I apply. Figured it is the considerate thing to do. Don't want to walk in with a 640 if I didn't give it my all yet.

Quitting the job was something that had to be done eventually in order to relocate to where my wife works. This new area is also better for my career. Robert Half is practically beating down my door asking when I'm ready to jump in to the market. I can get some good LOR's from my previous company VP and the corporate controller. I got an award certificate from the VP also for fixing some issues. It's a publicly traded company and had a positive impact on EBITDA so I think it will be nice to present. I also got to do some marketing work for them and publish/create some of their commercials (voice is in it and did the editing). I heard B-schools really like well rounded applicants, and I did all this at a public company so I think it will have weight. My 2 month time gap will look reasonable I believe. Really the relocation and time gap is a two-birds one stone kind of thing :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2016, 08:06
I am coming back to the forum avatar after 8 years and to books after 11 years! Will try my level best to crack this exam. Anywho, good to be back.

Dakujoker from Mumbai now based out of delhi! :arrow:
Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 620 Q46 V30

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2016, 20:29
Hi! Manickam here from Singapore. Nice to meet you all! Anyone from SG planning to take the GMAT soon?

15 Kudos left to unlock next level. Help me by Contributing one for cause :) .. Please

Manick9

If you found my post helpful, kindly press "+1 Kudos" to appreciate

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2016, 08:43
Hi all,

I am a researcher at Ohio University was told about how awesome this community was by a few of my MBA friends. It truly is amazing how helpful everyone is. I am conducting a study that overlaps with many of the goals everyone has. That being, I am conducting a study looking at study habits and it provides free prep material for the GMAT. I figured this would be a good place to post it. I can give back to the community and also be greatly helped in the process (i.e., getting more participants). bb posted a thread in the "general GMAT Questions and Strategies" forum called "Study about Study Habits- Free Materials." If anyone is interested in helping the science on studying/self-regulated learning progress while also potentially increasing there math ability check it out!!

Also, since we are posting goals. My current research goal is to find more efficient ways for individuals to study/ for organizations to provide more efficient training.
Current Student
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
WE: Marketing (Education)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 11 Jul 2016, 07:09
Hi there!
Been using the forum very frequently looking for strategies, tips, and explanations on many questions. Felt like it was about time to post something!
I'm Raul, 28yrs, from Brazil, applying for R1.
Thanks for you all for all wonderful resources you have put together! Thank you so much! It has been an incredible help in both increading my score and easing my mind.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2016, 03:54
Hi Guys,
Not too late I guess..
I am Aeshvarya Jain, an Engineering graduate , working currently for Accenture.
Have my test date in Test date in next 10 days , very tensed as not scoring good on my mock. My aim is to score 600+.
Looking forward for some help..
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here &nbs [#permalink] 02 Aug 2016, 03:54

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67    Next  [ 1328 posts ] 

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR AUGUST
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap