GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Oct 2018, 21:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Rice PMBA"19 (A)
GMAT 1: 540 Q32 V31
GMAT 2: 620 Q39 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2015, 09:03
Hi all! My name is Liz.

I have a BBA in Marketing from a state school in Texas. I currently work for an automotive distributor here- an uncommon occupation for my region because of the heavy emphasis on oil and gas. I've moved up quickly within the organization in my three years here. As a result, it's become very easy to let the desire to get an MBA subside while I'm comfortable in my job at my age. I always wanted to pursue an MBA to experience learning through the shared experience of others and to network!

I'm targeting a 690 at the moment. My employer pulled out all the stops to have me stay and work while pursuing the degree. As a result, I'm wrestling with doing a part time program and taking the financial assistance and following my dream of going to a top tier school.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2015, 19:39
Hi, I'm L4S. Recently finished my degree in applied mathematics from a top state school. However, I've decided on a career change and am looking to get a Masters in Finance and work in the finance field. Hence I am studying for the GMAT, looking to take it in 2-3 months. Aiming for an 800. Hopefully this place won't distract me too much from my prep.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2015, 09:03
Hi,

I am Kuntal, and I hail from India. I have 4+ years of experience in the Software Industry. My GMAT score is 760 (Q49 V44) and TOEFL score is 118 (30 29 29 30). However my IR score is very low (3/8). Do you guys think it might be a problem getting into a good B-School? Also which all schools might I safely apply for?
Current Student
Status: To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.76

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2015, 20:02
Hi everyone,
I am from the most common pool of applicants (Indian, male, IT, Engineer). I have taken my GMAT (scoring a 710), where the resources of this forum have been very useful. I am currently looking for colleges and trying to help students of this forum.

Cheers
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.47

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2015, 02:44
Hello folks,

i wanted to introduce myself.

I am from Austria and just finished my BA in banking and finance at the University of Applied Science Vienna.

Before I started to study I finished my apprenticeship as an electrician and worked on the construction side.
I began my apprenticeship with 15 and it took 4 years.
Besides my job I attended the evening school and passed the entrance exam "Berufsreifeprüfung" and began to study.

I am not a native speaker, so excuess my bad english skills....

Currently I started to learn for the GMAT, my goal is a score above 740 and my dream is to attend the HSG in Swizz.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 16 Dec 2015, 03:35
Hi everyone,

I'm Lazure, I have a background in law and have worked in a global company on B2B / B2C issues.
I'm will be applying to Wharton, Insead, LBS and still undecided between NYU and Berkeley. I'm looking for a general management program with a strong global reputation and network.

Regarding Gmat my main issue is quant since I haven't worked with numbers since high school ! I studied in English for two years so the verbal part is less of a challenge. I started my prep with Barron's book which I strongly advise people to avoid (many mistakes, unclear explanations). Then I stumbled upon Gmat Club on Google and after reading the books recommendations, I decided to purchase the MGMAT books.

I am aiming at a 700+ score which will be a challenge since my first MGMAT CAT score was 560.

I would like to warmly thank the founders, administrators and moderators of GMAT Club. Before joining I was lost regarding how to approach my Gmat prep and my MBA applications. This forum has provided with invaluable insight into the process, advices and motivation :).

I'm looking forward to exchange with you guys during the next months !

Originally posted by Lazure on 28 Sep 2015, 04:07.
Last edited by Lazure on 16 Dec 2015, 03:35, edited 1 time in total.
Retired Moderator
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
WE: Real Estate (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 12 Nov 2015, 15:31
Hi everyone, great forum, i have been reading you for a while before deciding to sign up and now post.
I am from France, I have a masters degree in finance ( french business school) and 3 years work experience in financial analysis, sell side.
I am currently working on my gmat and targeting a 700+, pretty much like everybody else and my dream school is Insead!
Glad to join you!

New Application Tracker : update your school profiles instantly!

Originally posted by Icecream87 on 04 Oct 2015, 09:12.
Last edited by Icecream87 on 12 Nov 2015, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 17:36
Hey folks, this is vartak, I have been working in operations for a start up firm in North America (New York) for past 4 years. I want to pursue MBA with top 10 B schools in U.S. I am trying hard to find time and study. I am sure this forum is going to help me a lot. I have started reading already. Keeping myself motivated is the biggest challenge at this time. I will post my questions on this forum as I move forward.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
WE: Operations (Military & Defense)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2015, 21:18
Lazure wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm Lazure, a legal counsel from France. I graduated with a double degree in law from 2 top universities in Europe. After working for 3 years as legal counsel in a global company on B2B / B2C issues I decided to join the family business.
My goal is to get an MBA from Insead / LBS or a top 10 US program to grow the family business. I'm looking for a general management program with a strong reputation and network in Europe.

Regarding Gmat my main issue is quant since I haven't worked with numbers since high school ! I studied law for 2 years in the UK so the verbal part is less of a challenge. I started my prep with Barron's book which I strongly advise people to avoid (many mistakes, unclear explanations). Then I stumbled upon Gmat Club on Google and after reading the books recommendations, I decided to purchase the MGMAT books.

I am aiming at a 700+ score which will be a challenge since my first MGMAT CAT score was 560.

I would like to warmly thank the founders, administrators and moderators of GMAT Club. Before joining I was lost regarding how to approach my Gmat prep and my MBA applications. This forum has provided with invaluable insight into the process, advices and motivation :).

I'm looking forward to exchange with you guys during the next months !

Hi Lazure,

I have a few things in common with you... I am aiming for INSEAD and have been using the MGMAT books. However the similarities end there as you look to be a far more impressive individual than me :)

I will say that choosing to purchase the MGMAT books will prove to be a very wise decision, I have found the books FANTASTIC!! I would however suggest that you still pay close attention to the verbal component. I am sure you have a very strong command of the English language, however the specific methods mentioned in the MGMAT books are really useful.

Although a lot of people will tell you that the questions in the Official Guide are too easy, they are really handy practice, in the later stages of your prep it might be useful to just go through them to get you used to the type of questions and the language used. I have personally used the Magoosh online platform, MGMAT, and the OG with Verbal and Quant additional books.

The Quant forums here are absolutely amazing and full of great questions. I would suggest though that it might not be wise to jump straight into the questions, particularly if you aren't too familiar with Quant. Wait until you are a good portion through the MGMAT guides and as you master certain components or areas, you can keep practicing them as you study further components.

Good luck and maybe I will see you at INSEAD one day.

If you found my post useful, please consider throwing me a Kudos... Every bit helps :)

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q46 V54
GPA: 3.53
WE: Social Work (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2015, 02:47
My name is Amrina. I am a Canadian woman but I live in India for now.

I started my career after high school as a model but owning to my lacking of interest, I decided to get out the moment my contract was over. Since then, I have gone on to study at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. I graduated with a degree in Sociology and have worked with many Not-For-Profit groups over the years. I started out as a volunteer while at university but over the years have made my way to being a Community Resources Manager today. I have a bit more than five years of full-time professional experience and 9 years in total considering volunteering work and Intern experience.

I took the GMAT last year in February. I am quite satisfied with my result. In fact, I targeted a score of 650-700 but got 730. I have been unable to decide the right time to leave my job and take the plunge for MBA. I am in a comfortable spot with my work so it is quite difficult to quit the position I am in right now but I don't want to get too distant that by the time I put my mind to it, my GMAT score becomes obsolete. The only sore spot is I.R. I got 4/8 which is what I was expecting. I am not sure if I should re-take the test with the sole purpose of improving upon my I.R. score. That, the bitter experience of sitting on an uncomfortable chair in front of a computer for hours has damaged my motivation enough to re-take the test. Quite frankly, the moment I got my score, I brought the curtains down and so far I haven't looked back too much or even entertained the possibility of a re-test.
Stern Thread Master
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 2: 660 Q37 V33
GPA: 3.13
WE: Operations (Commercial Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2015, 08:27
Hi, I joined the site early last year but this is the first time I'm posting everything. I've registered for the Gmat exam for 2nd december and aiming for the R2 deadlines in Jan'15
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.72
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2015, 08:25
I'm an military officer who graduated college back in 2006 with a 3.72 GPA, B.S. in IT. I'm scheduled to take the GMAT on 23 January and I'm in dire need of a good study guide and/or group - as it's been awhile since I've been in civilian academia. I live in the Raleigh, NC area - so if anyone is willing to help tutor, by all means, reach out and help! lol

I'm hoping to break the pivotal 700+ score mark on the GMAT - but I have yet to take a practice CAT to see where i'm at (I'm assuming I'm fairly low - given my long break from college). Again, if anyone has a preferred practice GMAT CAT that will best indicate an accurate level, please let me know.

Again, I appreciate any guidance or assistance anyone on here can provide. Thank you.
Current Student
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Goizueta '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 610 Q41 V32
GMAT 2: 620 Q45 V31
GMAT 3: 640 Q46 V32
GPA: 3.97

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2015, 12:11
Hello,
My name is Alessandro and I'm an italian working in retail in South America.
I came about this forum searching on google "How to get a 700", some topic related to that and now here I am.
I studied international science and diplomacy in Italy, and now I'm aiming to pass through the admission process! I have being studying for the GMAT for 6 months, with Kaplan test prep full optional. was scoring a 650 average on so I decided to take the real test, it was today by the way. But no, i'm not here to show what skills are needed to get a 700, since I have scored a 610, that I'm rather proud of! It is anyway somewhat far from my objective score, looks like i'll stick with you guys for a while! Thank you for keeping this forum adjourned it really has great contents, resources and features for all GMATters.
If any of you have any suggestions I'll take them all onboard,
thanks again!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V33
WE: Sales (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2015, 12:48
squid2soldier wrote:
I'm an military officer who graduated college back in 2006 with a 3.72 GPA, B.S. in IT. I'm scheduled to take the GMAT on 23 January and I'm in dire need of a good study guide and/or group - as it's been awhile since I've been in civilian academia. I live in the Raleigh, NC area - so if anyone is willing to help tutor, by all means, reach out and help! lol

I'm hoping to break the pivotal 700+ score mark on the GMAT - but I have yet to take a practice CAT to see where i'm at (I'm assuming I'm fairly low - given my long break from college). Again, if anyone has a preferred practice GMAT CAT that will best indicate an accurate level, please let me know.

Again, I appreciate any guidance or assistance anyone on here can provide. Thank you.

I would recommend you to take E-gmat verbal course especially if a non-native speaker. As for preferred practice CATs i recommend you GMAT Prep, this tool is free and you can buy two more CATs. I think that these CATs reflect exam properly!

"Are you gangsters?" - "No we are Russians!"

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 17 Nov 2015, 23:50
Hello! My name is Myron, a BA in Finance graduate. I am working here in Phoenix and I plan on taking GMAT some time next year. I landed 650 when I took the exam before so I need to work harder to get at least 50 more points. My target school is Columbia. Kudos to Praetorian and Bob for doing a wonderful job with the site.
Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: NA
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
GMAT 1: 460 Q14 V36
GMAT 2: 540 Q31 V34
GMAT 3: 610 Q36 V38
GMAT 4: 570 Q29 V40
GPA: 3.11
WE: Account Management (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2015, 10:46
Hi,

I go by Pingala, from Los Angeles. I have a long and sordid journey with the GMAT. I work in the non-profit world, but had started a small business venture on the side as an alternative income source. The professional work I did lended itself well to law school, but after a year of studying the law it was apparent that I should have stuck to the business trajectory I had earlier plotted out. Except it was thwarted by my first attempt with the GMAT.

See I suck at taking standardized tests and I am a mediocre student. If I get really curious about something , I become compulsive and totally own the subject. Its why I speak three languages, I love traveling and enjoy learning about new cultures, and why I am taking Mandarin courses at a local community college. After I left law school I was aimless and had no desire to go back to non-profit work nor did I really now what to do next. There just was no plan for failure. So I have been trying to get back on some track for the past two years. I actually want to be a productive member of society again, but with a substantive skill set beyond my BA non-profit experience.

I eventually settled on the MBA route and took the GMAT but had another abysmal performance. Since that second test though I have traveled some more, was invited to sit on a non-profit board, did some leadership trainings, wrote things that got published, and got a chance to meet some entrepreneurs who really inspired me and gave a perspective that there was a way to bring together my "feel good/ do good" personality with the business side of things. Now that I have a bit more clarity, I feel like my attempt at taking the GMAT and pursuing business school won't be abortive. (I have tried studying for the GMAT on two separate occasions, even signed up to take a the test next week!)

I realize my problem is that I am stabbing in the dark alone. I am not approaching this test in a way that breaks it down and lays bare its components. I also have allowed the social pressures of performing and figuring out my life to distract me from the actual focus of getting the mechanics of the test down. Because of this I have been working in my own silo, away from anyones watchful gaze, in the hopes that my failure (or success) were mine alone. This last part has been really agonizing because the whole idea of being isolated and alone in this struggle depresses me.

So here I am, signing up for this forum, putting myself out there for support, feedback and critical evaluation (possibly..maybe?).

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 06:03
Hi,
I had joined gmatclub so long ago and had been just an infrequent visitor and observer. I have an Electrical Engineering degree and a two year work experience. I've been planning to start my GMAT prep for the last 6 months or so but couldn't make myself focus. This I consider the first step for a successful study plan...I name it Plan #246
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2015, 10:50
I relate to most of what Pingala has mentioned so won't repeat the part of being in silo while taking this GMAT bull by the horn

I am based out of Bangalore with 9 years of experience, currently with a leading global investment bank.

In relationship with GMAT from 2009 when I took it first time. Last attempt was in 2013 n overall 3 attempts

Recently started warming up again by attempting verbal questions on this forum.

Looking fwd to active participation n interaction here to regain the focus n cut down on distractions in life.

Targeting for Q1 2016

Happy to get in touch with similar profiles locally and with others on this forum

Cheers
Rajvedi
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Human Resources
GPA: 2.8
WE: General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2015, 18:20
Hello!

My name is Mari and I have been studying for a couple of months for the GMAT. My test is in the middle of January. I am looking to start applying to schools such as USC, UCLA, UCI, Pepperdine and Foster next year. I have been out of college for quite a while and am definitely having trouble getting back to the books. I have also always struggled with math which is killing me! I am looking for any study groups to join as I feel that would help immensely! Helppp!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2015, 22:46
Hello Everyone,
My name is Muhammad Ismail and I am victim of GMAT's wrath lol. I am currently scheduled to take the GMAT on 23rd of December with target score between 550-600 . You all might laugh at my pathetic targets but considering my current situation 500 looks like a 600 to me now as I am already performing terrible in KAPLAN tests . 440, 480 and guess what ? Another 480. I will post my dilemma on different post. However its refreshing to see many people being supportive and helpful on this forum. I'll be happy to meet you all.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here &nbs [#permalink] 12 Dec 2015, 22:46

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66    Next  [ 1318 posts ] 

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap