GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Jan 2019, 19:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • FREE Quant Workshop by e-GMAT!

January 20, 2019

January 20, 2019

07:00 AM PST

Get personalized insights on how to achieve your Target Quant Score.
  • Free GMAT Strategy Webinar

January 19, 2019

January 19, 2019

09:00 AM PST

Aiming to score 760+? Attend this FREE session to learn how to Define your GMAT Strategy, Create your Study Plan and Master the Core Skills to excel on the GMAT.

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
B
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2015, 11:35
Hello everyone!

I am studying for the GMAT to be able to get in to a master's program of my choice. My goal is 800, but I am hoping to get a score around 650-700. :)

If anyone is reading this and wants someone to accompany them on their journey, feel free to send me a private message with your SkypeID and I'll add you. I am willing to discuss anything related to the GMAT as I feel there's more to it than just theory and questions.

I love being wrong. An incorrect answer offers an extraordinary opportunity to improve.

Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.3
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2015, 09:35
Hey Everyone!

I have been studying for the GMAT off and on for the past three months. I'm starting to become a little winded and unmotivated. My score is hovering around 600. 44 Quant 28-30 in Verbal. My goal is for a 700+ GMAT score. I want to believe this is feasible, but really would like to learn from several of you guys. Your stories or recommendations.

School Preferences: Harvard, Wharton, Columbia, and NYU. Mainly top 10, preferably in the NE sector.

Current Occupation: Lietuentant, United States Navy. Logistics and Operations. Government financing. Contracting, negotiator.

Career Goal: 1. Technology or Biomedical Operations. 2. Consulting. 3. Investment

Any advice or recommendations on regaining motivation, improving your GMAT score, or career recommendations would be much appreciated.

This is my first post on here, hopefully, I'll get to know many of you guys on here better.

V/r, Devin
Current Student
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.3
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2015, 09:37
Hey Markus, have you been studying long already. I'm extremely weak in Verbal and want to connect with someone to talk through some of these problems.

MarkusKarl wrote:
Hello everyone!

I am studying for the GMAT to be able to get in to a master's program of my choice. My goal is 800, but I am hoping to get a score around 650-700. :)

If anyone is reading this and wants someone to accompany them on their journey, feel free to send me a private message with your SkypeID and I'll add you. I am willing to discuss anything related to the GMAT as I feel there's more to it than just theory and questions.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
WE: Operations (Military & Defense)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2015, 23:44
Hi Everyone,

I am Andrew from Australia. I don't have an undergraduate but have 10 years work experience in the military as a leader/manager. I have had favorable dealing with my target schools but they have made it very clear that a strong GMAT is absolutely a must to compensate for my lack of undergraduate. So... Here I am, I just purchased the magoosh premium package today and am going to start studying.

Looking forward to soaking up some of the knowlege.

If you found my post useful, please consider throwing me a Kudos... Every bit helps :)

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2015, 00:43
Hi all,

I am Priyadharshini from Chennai. I am new to this GMAT Club and just started preparing for GMAT. My aim is 700+ score. I am working in TCS and have 3 years experience.Hope we all prepare and make our dreams come true.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V33
WE: Sales (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2015, 06:39
DropBear wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am Andrew from Australia. I don't have an undergraduate but have 10 years work experience in the military as a leader/manager. I have had favorable dealing with my target schools but they have made it very clear that a strong GMAT is absolutely a must to compensate for my lack of undergraduate. So... Here I am, I just purchased the magoosh premium package today and am going to start studying.

Looking forward to soaking up some of the knowlege.

Good luck Andrew! High GMAT score is a good goal!

"Are you gangsters?" - "No we are Russians!"

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2015, 20:30
Hi dear GMATclubians !!

My name is APOORV and i have been preparing for GMAT for some time now.. I am an Indian with ard 5 years of experience in Quality management (manufacturing) . I am a real lover of Business knowledge and acumen and thats my basic reason to do MBA. I recently completed MSc in Engineering Business Management from University of Warwick and Hong Kong Polytechnic University and would like to further pursue my desire for my business and operations knowledge by taking an MBA from an esteem university.

I am aiming for a score of mid 700s.

Have given Some Kaplan tests to get ~ 740-760 and two Princeton tests in which my score varied greatly 660 to 740 ( dont know the reason :?)

I think GMAT club is a great way to interact with fellow people who are on the same road to MBA and people can gain much from helping each other out!! :) :) :)

Apoorv

I realize that i cannot change the world....But i can play a part :)

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT Date: 07-25-2015
GPA: 3.25
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2015, 19:03
Hello Everyone,

I found this forum via Google, been lurking for the last few weeks, and thought I'd join in the fun! I graduated in 2009 from the CSU system in Southern California in Cell and Molecular Biology and have been working in a medical laboratory ever since. I plan on taking the GMAT in a couple months and appreciate all the help and inspiration the forum members have provided. I'm targeting a 700+ GMAT score and top 20 business schools that best fit with my goals in investment/asset management.

Best of luck to everyone,

rpmba
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2015, 17:18
Hi,

I am Lie Shushu from Hong Kong. I have just started preparation for GMAT and came across this site when surfing internet. I think this site is quite useful. I from China and have a working experience of 3 years.

Regards,
Li Shushsu
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2015, 20:45
Hi!

I'm a techie exploring the idea of a career change. I'm passionate about making a difference in the global climate change scenario and an MBA+MPA/MPP seems like a good vehicle. Besides, the level of energy in this forum alone seems like reason enough to take GMAT!

I took a GMAT Prep practice test yesterday with no preparation and obtained 670 (84 percentile) with 49 in Quant (83 percentile) and 32 in Verbal (64 percentile). I'm hoping for a 700+ score with 2-3 months of preparation (Aiming for a 760-770 though!). Looking forward to learning with y'all!

Here's more about me if you're still curious:

Goals:
I'm considering doing an MBA+MPA/MPP from Fall 2017. Harvard Kennedy + HBS/Stanford/Wharton combo is, of course, the dream school combination(s). I haven't decided on the other schools yet! :-D

Background and Work Experience:
    3 years in the software industry.

[list]M.S in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Texas A&M University with
[list]B.Tech in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from one of the top 10 schools in India with a 8.5/10.0 GPA. [\list]
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD Jan '17

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2015, 21:26
Hi
I have been a member of GMAT club for some time and found it very hepful for my preparations.
Am writing GMAT in August 2015 and looking for a very robust studyplan.

My weak areas are SC and CR.
Please help me out with a study plan.My target is 700 plus score.
thanks
Rupesh
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44

Show Tags

New post 09 Jun 2015, 09:48
Hi all!

I've been using GMATClub help for a while but now I've decided to register and start participating. I'm a Spanish engineer applying this year to an MBA. I'll take the GMAT in less tan a month and I need a 700+! :wink:

For those who are starting, I would recommend that you first do a practice test as soon as posible so you can get the feel about how it is and know your baseline. All the CATs available online are collected in a post, just google : All GMAT CAT Practice Tests - links, prices, reviews
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Jun 2015, 02:31
Hello

Myself Tathagata Mukherjee from Kolkata, India.

I am new to gmatclub and this is my first post

I am an engineer passed out in 2005. After that, I did my MBA from NMIMS, Mumbai, passed out in 2008.

Worked in middle management as Area Sales Manager at Titan Industries and Bajaj Electricals for 5.7 years

Due to my father's treatment, I had to leave my job in Feb 2014 and since then I am out of work

I have started preparing for GMAT since last 2.5 months. Plan to sit for it during mid July

I have given around 3-4 mocks (Gmat Prep (2), LBS free CAT and Economist Free Mock) Scores are in the range of 650-680

Need guidance and advice regarding :

i> type of colleges I should target given my experience and gap
ii> how to go about it in these last 30 odd days
iii> how to improve my weakest sections : DS & SC

Please advice

Thanks
Tathagata (TG)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Jul 2015, 19:55
Hi, i am Aasha04. i have done a PGDBA(finance) through correspondence, i want to give GMAT may be in next year. i have not even started , though i have bought some books.
Please suggest me some good books.
Thank You.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V33
WE: Sales (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2015, 00:26
Aasha04 wrote:
Hi, i am Aasha04. i have done a PGDBA(finance) through correspondence, i want to give GMAT may be in next year. i have not even started , though i have bought some books.
Please suggest me some good books.
Thank You.

Hi Aasha04!
You can read everything about books here best-gmat-books-latest-update-118706.html?fl=menu
As for me i use CR Bible and MGMAT Sc books. I find both useful. I don't know good book on Quant section but i use GMAT Club Math Book and OG.

"Are you gangsters?" - "No we are Russians!"

Intern
Intern
WE: Human Resources (Computer Software)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2015, 12:41
Hello Everyone.

Hope you are doing good with your preparation like a warrior.

My name's Pattabhi. I am from IT with 5+ year experience in various roles like coder, support analyst and currently as HR executive. I want to switch my carrier to Management. I found MBA through GMAT is a great choice. I came across GMATClub while googling, and within no time I realized GMAT Club is the right platform to achieve my target. I found a lot of positive spirit among the club members.

I have good math skills, and I am working on polishing Verbal part.

I wish all my GMAT club members all the best in chasing their dreams. Keep motivated, keep conquering.

Cheers,
Pattabhi.

Cheers,
Pattabhi.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V35
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2015, 23:31
Hello all,

I am from the Netherlands, 23 years old. I have done a Bachelor of Business Administration at a university of applied sciences and am currently studying a lot for the GMAT in order to get a nice Master's degree. I need a score of 600 for the universities i'm looking to get into. I have been using gmatclub a lot, among other websites, and have been doing the daily questions for about 2 months now, which have helped me out tremendously in preparing for the test and 'staying sharp'. I am using Kaplan GMAT Premier 2015 which I found a good book to start out with, and am now going through a couple of ManhattanGMAT books which I hope to finish by the end of the month. I will then follow through with the OG. I hope to do the GMAT end of September or somewhere in October. So far I have reached CAT scores of 560 (Kaplan), 580 (MGMAT), 630 (MGMAT) & 640 (GMATPrep), chronologically. I hope to get my desired score of 600+ on the real thing.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2015, 13:10
Hi all,

I'm just beginning my GMAT journey, and I found out about this site from a study group I recently joined.

I graduated with a BA in Communication, then got an administrative job at an accounting firm. Eventually I realized that I needed to go back to school in order to move from admin into accounting, where there are more opportunities for advancement.

I've been taking community college courses, and I'm now considering graduate programs in accounting, with the ultimate goal of becoming a CPA. I'm taking the GMAT later this year and aiming for a score of 700.

With my background in writing and communication, I feel pretty confident about the Verbal section, but Quantitative is another matter. Even though I'm a smart guy and I'm good with numbers, the diagnostic test I took recently showed me that I need to refresh my algebra and geometry skills.

I'm thrilled to be a part of this community, and I'm looking forward to sharing my experience with you!!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2015, 23:04
Hi All

I'm Vaibhav, Engineer & MBA with 8+ years of work Ex. Planning to do an executive MBA and hence preparing for GMAT. Not a native English speaker and hence do struggle with English. Hoping to learn a lot from you guys and the forum.

Regards
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: None
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2015, 13:02
Greetings!

I've been a lurker for the past few weeks. I'm a college kid from one of the top tier colleges in India.

I recently gave the GMAT (had deadlines) with a month of prep. Got a 710. But I'd been doing better the GMATpreps and I know I can do better than that. I plan to retake the test in couple of months. A high GMAT score can help with scholarships.

GMAT club debriefs have always motivated me. And I guess it's time to give back in whatever way I can.

Xoxo

Neutronskye

Kudos this post if you like it! Thank you! :-D

Rabid. That's what we need to be about somethings, sometimes.

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here &nbs [#permalink] 30 Jul 2015, 13:02

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  55   56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66    Next  [ 1318 posts ] 

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap