GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 14 Aug 2018, 10:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Apr 2015, 22:33
Hi, I am Bill Turner from Bangladesh. I am new at here and I am excited to be joined here!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V28
GPA: 3.62

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2015, 06:26
Hi everybody! I am Ugur Gatfar. I am from Turkey and I have a Molecular Biology and Genetics background. In 4 months, I will be done with my Master in Science. But I have done enough with science, thus I am going to start an MBA program next semester.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2015, 04:04
Hi Everyone,

I am Dipa. I happened to be in this forum based on the recommendation of a friend. Within no time, i became a fan of this website. Its like a never ending forum :D

I plan on giving my gmat exam in the month of july and i sincerely hope that i can learn the most as well as provide my inputs in this forum.
Intern
Intern
WE: General Management (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2015, 13:56
Hi

I'm Joe from Boston, MA. I currently work in a hospital as a clinic supervisor. I have a BA in Biology and focusing on healthcare management. However, I would like to change my career to finance or entrepreneurship. And unfortunately, I have no experience in either. I was planning on taking the GMAT on June 6, but after reading the forum and taking a practice test, I think I need to create a study plan in order to improve my score. I am shooting for 700+.

Ideally, I would like to go to one of the top tiered b-schools.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Rice PT'18

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2015, 06:07
Hi all,
I stumbled upon this forum while researching prep strategies for the GMAT. I have my BA in Communications and work as a Market Analyst for a oilfield services company in Houston, TX. I have a long time line before I plan to attend my first MBA class (plan to enroll in Fall 2016), however I wanted to start preparations early and begin my research into potential schools. I'm currently looking at The Jones school at Rice but still researching other programs as well.
Certainly thankful I fell upon this forum and look forward to contributing in anyway possible.
Have a great day!
Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q168 V155

Show Tags

New post 26 Apr 2015, 22:20
Hi fellas ,
Dinesh here from Mumbai. I am working into Banking tech since last 7 years. I took GRE (323/340) in 2012 and got an admit from NYU MSIS (masters in informaton science )course, but opted out due to inexplicable reasons . Post considering my career goals(consulting) , i intent to join a top notch MBA program . I am eying a GMAT score in the range of 750+ .I do realize i have a 2.97 GPA which is enough to get me dinged before the adcom person says "oh my , what a wicked essay !!! :twisted: " .
It may sound ambitious for now but i am taking inspiration from the phrase " you are worth more than what others think and worth lesser than what you think " :P .
My first priority is to get a kicka$$ score , given the fact i belong to the highly competitive South Asian aspirant pool .I have read some forums on Bschools here and so far Wharton ,INSEAD and ISB Hyderabd has caught my fancy .Looking forward to learn more from all you guys here.

cheerz
DB
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Human Resources, Operations
WE: Information Technology (Other)

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2015, 04:19
Hi All,

Its Joydeep here working in CTS ,Chennai having a total exp of 5 yrs. Would like to get 750+ in GMAT. your guidance is always solicitaed
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2015, 10:08
Hi everybody, I am Shelly. I had given my gmat last October and scored 610 :(

Now I need to be in mid 700s, hope this forum will help.

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V33
WE: Sales (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 04 May 2015, 10:13
Hi all,
I am Konstantin from Russia! Currently don't work but my past experience has to do with Telecommunications where i worked almost 6 years. Now i am preparing for next GMAT exam (scheduled on 26th May). Hope this time i will fare better than i did in December. I will be happy to get a result in the range of 650-700. I find this Club very useful. I hope my efforts will pay off. Cheers!

"Are you gangsters?" - "No we are Russians!"

Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 09-11-2015
GPA: 3.68

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2015, 05:25
Hi everyone,

I am from Germany (originally), England (well studying for my BSc there) and Italy (currently doing an internship there) and am now preparing to take the gmat this september. I'm probably not going to be very helpful for now since I am a complete newbie but if someone else has a question or wants to build a study group or something hit me up :)

I took a pre-test yesterday and got 580 (q33,v35) but am hoping to get a 700+ when I finally take the test. My plan is to apply for a masters/mba in the 2015/16 application rounds and my absolute dream program (hah, yea i am aware of my very narrow chances) would be yale silver scholars. Planning to also apply to some less competitive programs in Germany, France, the UK and maybe Canada.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 09 May 2015, 12:35
Hello everyone!

I am studying for the GMAT to be able to get in to a master's program of my choice. My goal is 800, but I am hoping to get a score around 650-700. :)

If anyone is reading this and wants someone to accompany them on their journey, feel free to send me a private message with your SkypeID and I'll add you. I am willing to discuss anything related to the GMAT as I feel there's more to it than just theory and questions.

I love being wrong. An incorrect answer offers an extraordinary opportunity to improve.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.3
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2015, 10:35
Hey Everyone!

I have been studying for the GMAT off and on for the past three months. I'm starting to become a little winded and unmotivated. My score is hovering around 600. 44 Quant 28-30 in Verbal. My goal is for a 700+ GMAT score. I want to believe this is feasible, but really would like to learn from several of you guys. Your stories or recommendations.

School Preferences: Harvard, Wharton, Columbia, and NYU. Mainly top 10, preferably in the NE sector.

Current Occupation: Lietuentant, United States Navy. Logistics and Operations. Government financing. Contracting, negotiator.

Career Goal: 1. Technology or Biomedical Operations. 2. Consulting. 3. Investment

Any advice or recommendations on regaining motivation, improving your GMAT score, or career recommendations would be much appreciated.

This is my first post on here, hopefully, I'll get to know many of you guys on here better.

V/r, Devin
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.3
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 May 2015, 10:37
Hey Markus, have you been studying long already. I'm extremely weak in Verbal and want to connect with someone to talk through some of these problems.

MarkusKarl wrote:
Hello everyone!

I am studying for the GMAT to be able to get in to a master's program of my choice. My goal is 800, but I am hoping to get a score around 650-700. :)

If anyone is reading this and wants someone to accompany them on their journey, feel free to send me a private message with your SkypeID and I'll add you. I am willing to discuss anything related to the GMAT as I feel there's more to it than just theory and questions.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
WE: Operations (Military & Defense)
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2015, 00:44
Hi Everyone,

I am Andrew from Australia. I don't have an undergraduate but have 10 years work experience in the military as a leader/manager. I have had favorable dealing with my target schools but they have made it very clear that a strong GMAT is absolutely a must to compensate for my lack of undergraduate. So... Here I am, I just purchased the magoosh premium package today and am going to start studying.

Looking forward to soaking up some of the knowlege.

If you found my post useful, please consider throwing me a Kudos... Every bit helps :)

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 May 2015, 01:43
Hi all,

I am Priyadharshini from Chennai. I am new to this GMAT Club and just started preparing for GMAT. My aim is 700+ score. I am working in TCS and have 3 years experience.Hope we all prepare and make our dreams come true.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
Concentration: General Management, Economics
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V33
WE: Sales (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 15 May 2015, 07:39
DropBear wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am Andrew from Australia. I don't have an undergraduate but have 10 years work experience in the military as a leader/manager. I have had favorable dealing with my target schools but they have made it very clear that a strong GMAT is absolutely a must to compensate for my lack of undergraduate. So... Here I am, I just purchased the magoosh premium package today and am going to start studying.

Looking forward to soaking up some of the knowlege.

Good luck Andrew! High GMAT score is a good goal!

"Are you gangsters?" - "No we are Russians!"

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Show Tags

New post 21 May 2015, 21:30
Hi dear GMATclubians !!

My name is APOORV and i have been preparing for GMAT for some time now.. I am an Indian with ard 5 years of experience in Quality management (manufacturing) . I am a real lover of Business knowledge and acumen and thats my basic reason to do MBA. I recently completed MSc in Engineering Business Management from University of Warwick and Hong Kong Polytechnic University and would like to further pursue my desire for my business and operations knowledge by taking an MBA from an esteem university.

I am aiming for a score of mid 700s.

Have given Some Kaplan tests to get ~ 740-760 and two Princeton tests in which my score varied greatly 660 to 740 ( dont know the reason :?)

I think GMAT club is a great way to interact with fellow people who are on the same road to MBA and people can gain much from helping each other out!! :) :) :)

Apoorv

I realize that i cannot change the world....But i can play a part :)

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT Date: 07-25-2015
GPA: 3.25
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2015, 20:03
Hello Everyone,

I found this forum via Google, been lurking for the last few weeks, and thought I'd join in the fun! I graduated in 2009 from the CSU system in Southern California in Cell and Molecular Biology and have been working in a medical laboratory ever since. I plan on taking the GMAT in a couple months and appreciate all the help and inspiration the forum members have provided. I'm targeting a 700+ GMAT score and top 20 business schools that best fit with my goals in investment/asset management.

Best of luck to everyone,

rpmba
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2015, 18:18
Hi,

I am Lie Shushu from Hong Kong. I have just started preparation for GMAT and came across this site when surfing internet. I think this site is quite useful. I from China and have a working experience of 3 years.

Regards,
Li Shushsu
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2015, 21:45
Hi!

I'm a techie exploring the idea of a career change. I'm passionate about making a difference in the global climate change scenario and an MBA+MPA/MPP seems like a good vehicle. Besides, the level of energy in this forum alone seems like reason enough to take GMAT!

I took a GMAT Prep practice test yesterday with no preparation and obtained 670 (84 percentile) with 49 in Quant (83 percentile) and 32 in Verbal (64 percentile). I'm hoping for a 700+ score with 2-3 months of preparation (Aiming for a 760-770 though!). Looking forward to learning with y'all!

Here's more about me if you're still curious:

Goals:
I'm considering doing an MBA+MPA/MPP from Fall 2017. Harvard Kennedy + HBS/Stanford/Wharton combo is, of course, the dream school combination(s). I haven't decided on the other schools yet! :-D

Background and Work Experience:
    3 years in the software industry.

[list]M.S in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Texas A&M University with
[list]B.Tech in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from one of the top 10 schools in India with a 8.5/10.0 GPA. [\list]
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here &nbs [#permalink] 27 May 2015, 21:45

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  56   57   58   59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67    Next  [ 1328 posts ] 

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR AUGUST
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap