Last visit was: 04 Jun 2024, 04:25 It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 04:25
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9  ...  66   
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
I just found GMATClub today as I was searching for advice on what questions to ask, whom to see, etc. on an up-coming campus visit. I haven't (yet, I hope) found that info, but I'm loving this forum already. Herewith, my introduction:

My name is Shauna. In May, 2005 I received my BS in Geology (Marine Science concentration) and in December, 2005, I received my 2nd BS in Multidisciplinary Studies (International Relations in a Historical Context). For the past 5 years I have been working as the Imports Manager & Wine Buyer for a wine company. That has been a great gig since I get to use my 6 foreign languages (well, not the Russian so much, but...)

Let's see... I took my GMAT last October. With only 4 weeks to prepare (with a full-time class load and job schedule to work around), I went the self-study route. Using Princeton Review's 'Cracking the GMAT', Kaplan's GMAT Premier and the Official Guide I managed to score a 710 (Q45, V41, AWA 6.0).

I've been accepted at all of the schools to which I applied, but will probably be attending Thunderbird - and learning to speak Mandarin Chinese - come August.

Good luck to everyone still preparing for the GMAT, applying to schools or waiting to hear back.

-S-
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I've started my GMAT preparation and thought of saying Hi to all.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi Friends. I have joined back this forum after almost 1 and half year. Took sometime to change my job and role. It was great to be an active member of this forum, though my first attempt on GMAT failed miserably. I scored way below my expectations. Now I want to practice more and achieve my target of 700 plus. I can never forget all the help and inspiration I got from this forum. I am sure this time I will make it happen.

:2gunfire:

:gl
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I am an Indian currently residing in the US. I came to know about this website thru a friend and i already feel as if i am hooked on to it ..

It's a good means of communication .. I can see lot of members helping each other with different queries .. Thats hould take them a long way ..

well, let me tell something about mysely .. Have done my Bachelors in accounting and Masters in Human Resources from India .. Worked with ICICI for 6 mths .. I am planning on doing MBA in HR from SFSU .. Anyone out there who knows something about this school .. ???

As i am half way thru my GMAT prep . My main areas of weakness are RC & CR .. Anyone has got a few tips to tackle these topics ?? Well thats it from me .. Awaiting everyones reply ..

Good Luck ..

Star 2005
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Guys.

What a wonderful site! and What a Luck ! that I came across this site and gone thru hundreds of postings in various forums such as share the GMAT experience, PhD in Business, etc.

A bit of me. I am 36+ male from India, aspiring to PhD in Finance. Already an MBA from IIM Ahmedabad (in India, a B-School which is most difficult in the world, to get in), FRM, and other professional designations; years of experience in industry and teaching, including the one in the TOP3, in India, I want to move into Research.

You guys are doing wonderful guiding, inspiring and providing a learning forum to so many of us who are going to take GMAT.

I took gmat way back in 1991 and the score was very low, around 580. Needless to say, I need to take it again and get above 700 to make it to some decent school.

I am sure I want to learn a lot from the young and old (veterans in GMAT) alike. They say if there is a will there is a way, or shall I say the GMATClub Way.

Best Wishes
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi this is Avinash here, I have been working for past 5.5 years at various places in the esteemed Indian IT Industry. The Thought of pursuing an MBA has been there in my conscious for a while now. My dream turned into a Nightmare, when I scored a miniscule 500 ( Q 43 V 18) in my first attempt @ GMAT(early this year). In the hindsight, I see that I did not put in a lot of effort I had only worked on the Princeton Review book and that too for less than a month.

Nonetheless, this score has shook me up totally, I justed laid-off my plans for a couple of months. I am back and with a resolve to score nothing less that 700. I have been going through the discussion forum for couple f days and I see that people have done it in the past.. I am sure I can...... I hope we can all work together towards our goal.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1001 [0]
Send PM
Friends,

Welcome all, this forum is one of the best places to learn & help others learn.

Those who have taken the tests & couldn't do well...do not despair! Do not give up! The best way to learn, is to participate in the discussion, post your views/method of solving problems (Quant/Verbal), ask others about their methods. We all are here to improve.

So, let's get started :-D

Cheers,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I am Rajnish and I m glad to join this wonderful forum.

I am a Engineer from India. I have over 2 yrs. work exp. in project management & 1 yr. in Application Engineering.

I have just started my preparation for GMAT. I intend to take the same in May '06. I look forward to a gr8 learning exp.

Regards,
Rajnish
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear All,

I am Praveen. I have decided to write GMAT and am planning to take the same in June 2006.

Though I am not really aware of many tools/books/materials for preparing for GMAT, I got the reference of this forum through Google.

And after coming to this place, and reading some of the earlier posts, I realised that this is the place which can give you momentum and inspiration to progress.

I am from Engineering background and currently working as a project manager in an esteemed IT organization and aspiring to go for MBA from a top university.

Thank you all for making this forum so wonderful and hope to have my journey here, full of new learnings and with an active contribution from my side as well.

Regards,
Praveen
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Management, Strategy & Finance
Schools:Kellogg School of Management
 Q50  V42
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

I have a Masters degree and 3.5 yrs of engg experience. I have just started my GMAT preparation. I am planing to do a part time MBA in the chicago area. I look forward to sharing GMAT preparation tips, Essay and apps strategies with the group.

Thank you
SB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,

My name is Brett. I am a recovering GMAT taker. My problem began 6 years ago when I though about going to Grad school. I put it off and kept working, got married, etc. I am now 36 years old and have finally got off my kiester in part due to the urgings of my wife. I have been a working professional for over 10 years and need a change.

I have a pretty good life and currently make 70K a year as a Design and Engineering Manager, but in a dead-end job. Over and over I see how our company makes mistakes and am powerless to change it. My goal is to get an MBA with a Product Innovation/Product Manager emphasis. Obviously, this limits my school choices but they are out there.

I am really looking forward to doing something else, somewhere else!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi All,
My name is Abu Naser Jaman. I am a clinical Data Analyst in Georgetown Univserity, Washington DC. I graduated last year and i have one and half years of experience in information technology. I will sit for GMAT on june,2006. I will go for part time. Everyone pray for me so that i can do well in GMAT. Take care all of you guys.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 600 [0]
Send PM
Hello everybody,

I am new to the group and as usual an introduction is in order.

I am a software engineer by profession with a total experience of little less than 3 years.

Behind every action there has to be a valid reason. Many a times people don't know the underlying reason and the people who believe in occult etc name it supernatural.

But I know the reason why I am going for my MBA.

I have just started with my preparations and will be deciding on a date after a self evaluation.

Its been a long time since I touched basic maths but it feels good to get back to the study groove.

Thats all for a small introduction. Will be asking all of you a lot of questions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 282 [0]
Send PM
Hi, my name is Jackie.. from Seoul, Korea..

On my way home, a friend of mine who studies together for GMAT introduced this site.. It's so awesome to get to know this site... thank him..

Anyway, I am still quite in a darkness that how I can explore this site.. any help can be very appreciated..

JK in Seoul.. diving into gmatclub tonight..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi! I had read about this club last year. Somehow, I forgot about the club, and got lost in GMAT preparation :!: Scored low in GMAT, got drained out badly, now I am back. This time around I want to make it. I am spending more time in going through the posts in this club. Its helping a lot in planning my strategy for the GMAT. Interestingly, I realized that I am not alone in making mistakes :wink: If not for my mistakes, I would not have given serious thought to my goals. All the best to you all!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi ,

I am a graduate with a PG dip in Mgmt. Planning to take the gmat in May 06. I work in international sales of Mphasis in Blr.

Would like to participate in this forum to prepare for my Gmat. :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1001 [0]
Send PM
Hi All,

Welcome aboard :-D
Participate in discussions over questions, it helps a lot.

All the very best :good
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9  ...  66