Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 09:53 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 09:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 784 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 264 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
This is only a way for stanford to accept some more "exotic" type students without lowering the mean GMAT score they have to reoport to the magazines.
GRE math isn't even close to GMAT math. Most people on this forum would get a perfect score on the GRE quant.

Don't think if you are from IIT or a american finance male that you will get acecpted with taking only the GRE.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Schools:Tuck'08
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hmmm, I disagree with Stanford's idea.
I mean I don't think the Gmat exam is the problem.

The problem is that the Gmat is not a fair exam when you take english into consideration because today many applicants are from overseas, some will graduate from US Bschools but come back later to their home country and even if they use english they may not need a 99% percentile to do so. I think that it's a little biaised concerning the verbal part but I can also conceive the idea that some of the adcom may also understand that and therefore may also be indulgent with overseas applicant.
In my mind it's easy : either all applicants take the same test or no test at all. After that the main issue is the weight that schools give to this exam and I think that today it's sometimes too much because many people are very creative and are smart leaders but they may be bad at standardized tests or stuff like that so I am not a big fan of the Gmat, I prefer interesting people with ideas than Calculator-people but at the end if all schools really need and want some test to be taken I would rather stick to only one and the same if possible...Gmat or Gre but only one please :roll:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
It is not a novel idea - Indian School of Business (ISB) has been accepting GRE scores since 2 years!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]