Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 06:36 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 06:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Send PM
Re: Thank u [#permalink]
Expert Reply
suithink wrote:
Thanks for the real fast reply.You have given me enough pointers to think abt my appln process!

You're welcome; good luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
An after thought [#permalink]
Hi,

Can you recommend Top B Schools in US + europe (I have decided Not to go for EMBA or PT)which will match my profile .
I would like to add the following information :
Interested in a Career in Marketing/Consulting..I would look post MBA for companies in say RFID/ADC/Energy/Consulting/FMCGs/CP

Originally posted by suithink on 25 Jun 2006, 23:44.
Last edited by suithink on 11 Jul 2006, 09:35, edited 1 time in total.
Send PM
Re: An after thought [#permalink]
Expert Reply
suithink wrote:
Hi,

Can you recommend Top B Schools in US + europe (I have decided Not to go for EMBA or PT)which will match my profile .
I would like to add the following information :
Interested in a Career in Marketing/Consulting.I have exp in automatic data capturing(ADC) + Retail exp in Oil (lubricants).I would look post MBA for companies in say RFID/ADC/Energy/Consulting/FMCGs/CP (as I have exposure to ADC+Oil retail segments).

Suithink,

Assuming you get a 700+ GMAT score and there are no major red flags in your profile, then for marketing you could consider Michigan, Duke, Indiana, ESADE, Texas Austin, and/or UNC. For consulting you could look at Berkeley Haas, UNC, Carnegie Mellon. Of the schools I've mentioned, energy industry recruiters especially favor MBAs from CMU, Michigan, Indiana, and Texas.

Good luck,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
A red Flag? [#permalink]
Can my second MBA be a red flag for campus recruitment post MBA:?
(1) Do I have skill set good enough to land up with a Good Job post MBA ( even though it might look odd
suithink MBA,MBA,Btech!)
(2) Do you think I am too biased in my thinking ...The adcomm and future recruitment might still find too ...'a suspect case'...Do you feel that I am trying to squeeze in a reason to do another MBA?(Which honestly I think I am not doing)

Well I am sure you will give a solid 'straight from the gut and reason' answer..
Thank You

Originally posted by suithink on 07 Jul 2006, 23:21.
Last edited by suithink on 11 Jul 2006, 09:36, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
Re: A red Flag? [#permalink]
suithink wrote:
Can my second MBA be a red flag for campus recruitment post MBA:?
Some info to ponder..
I have exp in automatic data capturing(ADC) + Retail exp in Oil (lubricants).
I would look post MBA for companies in say :RFID/ADC/Energy/Consulting/FMCGs/CP
The reason why I need another MBA: The first one I did was just after my Engg Degree .It wasn't a bad decision at all.I am able to perform effectively to a greater degree.The school gave me a General Management degree.Even though this univ has been upgraded to IIT recently,the MBA exposure cannot be termed as 'world -class' and not updated one.By updated one, I mean that I did this program during 1997-99 wherein the software industry was in nascent stage.My MBA exp was not in tune with the revolution in IT,Communications etc., the teachings were based on older economy ( a world where S/W didn't rule real biG).Hence I am somewhat limited in terms of 'period' in did my MBA.
My passion is to move into Software/ADC/RFiD or energy cos in Marketing( including BD)/Consultancy for which I think a Global MBA will be 'real plus' as i can get the knowledge,skill and attitude set to do effectively(Pardon me if it smacks of MBA lingo...but I am serious.)
The first Job's value addition is summarized below:

• Complete understandings of critical business issues faced by the client and develop Automatic Data Capturing Solution (ADC) & Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) solutions for the concerned project along with the technical personnel.
• Giving presentation /report for value analysis of the potential solution.
• Sales function involved identify the real influencers in the decision process, identify customer buying procedures and protocols early in the sales cycle.
• Implementation and follow-up of the ADC & EAS solution.
• Involved in brand building activities through representing company in exhibitions, seminars.

• Was able to give innovative ADC solution for Inventory Management, Asset Management, POS in Retail, Hardware, Healthcare, Electronics, Manufacturing.
• Managed the branch from start up, elevated as the Unit Head of the branch.
• Implemented the first RF based Loss prevention system –EAS for the company.
The Company -an ISO 9002 was almost a start-up.

The second Job...
• Responsible for the retail automotive lubricant sales in the assigned territory.
• Formulation and implementation of business plans to achieve the monthly & annual sales targets in value and volume.
• Monitoring the performance of the stockists.
• Formulation and implementation of the promotional- mix strategy.
• Meeting key retailers/OEM franchisees/fleet operators.
• Ensuring price discipline at distributor, trade and consumer levels.
• Gathering field level market intelligence and providing feedback.
• Inventory Management at Supply point and at stockist levels.
• Functional & Behavioural Training of the secondary sales force.
• Improving Brand & channel visibility by organizing meets, clinics, campaigns.
The company is Fortune 500 ,Indian MNC Oil Major,One of best employers in country...

What do you feel with this background....
(1) Do I have skill set good enough to land up with a Good Job post MBA ( even though it might look odd
suithink MBA,MBA,Btech!)
(2) Do you think I am too biased in my thinking ...The adcomm and future recruitment might still find too ...'a suspect case'...Do you feel that I am trying to squeeze in a reason to do another MBA?(Which honestly I think I am not doing)

Well I am sure you will give a solid 'straight from the gut and reason' answer..
Thank You

suithink,

I think I've reached the limit of the help I can give you in this forum, but to briefly answer your questions: (1) yes, (2) you have to come up with a very strong and compelling reason for needing the second MBA.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: A red Flag? [#permalink]