Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 18:03 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 18:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 992 [0]
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well, one of my favorite books in my collection is "Running from Safety" by Richard Bach.

Excellent book, the books talks about daring to come out of your safety zone & take risks. This book changed my attitude to great extent.

Human being has a natural tendancy to remain in the zone where there are lesser problems & risks, but the one who wants to do something in life, has to take risks, has to risk his/her 'safety zone'...wonderful book for all those who want to do MBA :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/038531 ... e&n=283155
Given Kudos:
Re: BOOKS Books books :) [#permalink]
vivek123,

I have had the priviledge to practice a few shots with Geet Sethi...I was a member of the same club where he practiced as a pro.

vivek123 wrote:
After looking at Zidane's act, I really felt that when you are shooting at your target & somebody distracts you by any means, your concentration & determination plays important role, forgive him for a while & shoot at the target...you can always get back to him after you are done with hitting the target, for which you have worked hard for your whole life!

Folks,
If you get a chance, read a book called "Success vs Joy" it's a fantastic autobiography/mind control book by "Geet Sethi", 6 times Billiards World Champion.
https://www.tnqsponsorship.com/geetsethi.html

In one of the chapters, Geet has told about another world champion from Asia, absolutely brilliant, he was very poor & was going to win championship & of course lot of money, just after one final shot in one game but when he went for the final shot, he started thinking about prize money, buying a palace like house for his mother etc. & in that thought process he missed the shot & ultimately missed the championship!

I loved this book! I recommend this book to all those who want to reach the stars!

Btw, I have huge collection of books :) Best books you can ever read, I'll post in this thread about those.

Feel free to add to this thread about books you found simply brilliant!
Given Kudos:
Anonymous wrote:
vivek123,

I have had the priviledge to practice a few shots with Geet Sethi...I was a member of the same club where he practiced as a pro. Never knew that he wrote a book...interesting !

vivek123 wrote:
After looking at Zidane's act, I really felt that when you are shooting at your target & somebody distracts you by any means, your concentration & determination plays important role, forgive him for a while & shoot at the target...you can always get back to him after you are done with hitting the target, for which you have worked hard for your whole life!

Folks,
If you get a chance, read a book called "Success vs Joy" it's a fantastic autobiography/mind control book by "Geet Sethi", 6 times Billiards World Champion.

In one of the chapters, Geet has told about another world champion from Asia, absolutely brilliant, he was very poor & was going to win championship & of course lot of money, just after one final shot in one game but when he went for the final shot, he started thinking about prize money, buying a palace like house for his mother etc. & in that thought process he missed the shot & ultimately missed the championship!

I loved this book! I recommend this book to all those who want to reach the stars!

Btw, I have huge collection of books :) Best books you can ever read, I'll post in this thread about those.

Director
Director
Send PM
WHAT? really? that's great :-D You are a lucky soul. Please let us all know your name buddy :) You are still reading as Guest :(

Anonymous wrote:
vivek123,

I have had the priviledge to practice a few shots with Geet Sethi...I was a member of the same club where he practiced as a pro.

vivek123 wrote:

Folks,

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nice thread vivek..
Well I just finished reading ' The Kite Runner ' by Khaled Hosseini...
A touching and thought provoking book it is I must say.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
It's me - LhotseFace. Didn't realize that I wasn't logged on

vivek123 wrote:
WHAT? really? that's great :-D You are a lucky soul. Please let us all know your name buddy :) You are still reading as Guest :(

Anonymous wrote:
vivek123,

vivek123 wrote:

Folks,

Director
Director
Send PM
Oh, it's you :) I envy you dude. Did you get a chance to talk to him in general...?

lhotseface wrote:

vivek123 wrote:

Anonymous wrote:
vivek123,

vivek123 wrote:

Folks,

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
Just general chat, I have bumped in to him several times. I was a teenager then and he was already a star.

vivek123 wrote:
Oh, it's you :) I envy you dude. Did you get a chance to talk to him in general...?

lhotseface wrote:

vivek123 wrote:

Anonymous wrote:
vivek123,

vivek123 wrote:

Folks,

Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
vivek123 wrote:
Well, one of my favorite books in my collection is "Running from Safety" by Richard Bach.

Excellent book, the books talks about daring to come out of your safety zone & take risks. This book changed my attitude to great extent.

Human being has a natural tendancy to remain in the zone where there are lesser problems & risks, but the one who wants to do something in life, has to take risks, has to risk his/her 'safety zone'...wonderful book for all those who want to do MBA :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/038531 ... e&n=283155

you have inspired me - I will read it!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
since somebody mentioned about books.....
heres one i thought was very original and unique....and inspirational in its own way. Read reviews b4 u embark on a journey to discover it.....

Catcher in the rye - J.D.salinger

Few movies which really are worth seeing just for pure inspiration are :
Good Will Hunting
Scent of a woman.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
buzzgaurav wrote:
Nice thread vivek..

Yeah Gaurav,
I've heard about this book, can u post some outline about it?
Given Kudos:
[#permalink]
vivek123 wrote:
buzzgaurav wrote:
Nice thread vivek..

Yeah Gaurav,
I've heard about this book, can u post some outline about it?

I have read the book twice but I think this review sums it up the best :

https://www.elise.com/books/el/archives/ ... sseini.php
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
Oops, posted the above post as guest :lol:
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
workedupamigo wrote:
since somebody mentioned about books.....
heres one i thought was very original and unique....and inspirational in its own way. Read reviews b4 u embark on a journey to discover it.....

Catcher in the rye - J.D.salinger

Few movies which really are worth seeing just for pure inspiration are :
Good Will Hunting
Scent of a woman.

:good
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Any of you here are Terry Pratchett's fans?

I've been completely immersed in the Discworlde universe for the past year and a half :-D

Also finishing reading Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco. Great entertainment! DaVinci Code is lightyears behind! :-D
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
vivek123 wrote:
Currently I'm reading "The Running of the Bulls, Inside the Cutthroat Race from Wharton to Wall Street" by Nicole Ridgway.

https://us.penguingroup.com/nf/Book/Book ... 53,00.html

Thats a good book. Though it focusses on the Wharton Undergrads.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
AMAZING BOOK!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2