Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 18:57 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 18:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
quant has a lot of TRICKY questions that required a lot of calculations. i dont know. bad experience. i abhor the marker and dry erase system. those markers barely work and smudge.

Originally posted by CfaMiami on 14 Aug 2006, 18:11.
Last edited by CfaMiami on 02 Jul 2008, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Mr./Mrs. Cfamiami
this quant question that you got

a ds said something like when x is divided by 5 the remainder is 3 and when x is divided by 7 the remainder is 4. when y is divided by 5 the remainder is 3 and when y is divided by 7 the remainder is 4. x > y. which of the following MUST be a factor of x - y.

it is the same question that I got and the answer is 35
If you insist on waiting on test day, I believe your Q score will be more than 45
since I got 48 on quant and if you are very strong at verbal
your overall score can really be more than 730
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
chen, are you serious??? i thought i was doing really bad because i started to get some easy questions (i got that DS question wrong, btw... i knew how to do it but i was taking too much time)... at what point did you get the question? i think i got it around the middle. it could be experimental though, no?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I get that at around Q#28-30 late end
since I spend too much time on first half, I guess last 6 questions
so that's question is nearly the last question that I work on .
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
That has go to be the absolute worst. I would want to kill someone if I was ten minutes from the end of the test and everything was lost.

I also took the test within the last week, and I agree with you that the Q section was more difficult that the GMATprep. I was also taken aback when I got hit with an extremely easy question towards the end of the Q section. In the end, my score was within the range I was practicing, so I can only guess that the extremely hard and extremely easy questions were experimental.

I wonder if the testing algorythm takes into account the difficulty of experimental questions that it presents to you. For example, if someone gets hit with a bunch of time-consuming tough experimental questions, will the test slip in a few easy ones to balance out the time that you were forced to waste?

Again, I feel really bad for you that your test was cut off. That's a nightmare.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts