Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 14:59 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
chiraggrad wrote:
Thanks Paul,

I would like to mention that presently i am involved with two local organizations, helping the underpriviledged

1. Dasa Shreemani Nath : I hold regular SAT preparation classes and also help students applying for engineering programs to USA, since I have been a student there.

2. Divine Life Soceity : I have been helping them organze YOGA and meditation camps, was also involved during releif work for the recent Mumbai Monsoon floods. Also was responsible to arrange a blood collection and free POLIO clinics in the underpriviledged and poorer suburbs of Mumbai

Do you think with these activites I might have a better chance at

Kellogg and TUCK.

Also could you comment what are your views for Columbia as a general management school ( focus ---> Consulting ) compared to TUCK and MIT

Thanks and Best regards,
Chirag

Chirag,

Yes, those activities help you for Kellogg and Tuck. On the other hand, they appear to be kinds of community activities that these schools see a fair amount of -- impressive but not "breakout" or exceptional community involvements.

As for general management --> consuting, in terms of graduating MBAs who go into consulting, Tuck wins with 32%, followed by MIT at 25 or 28% (depending on your source), and Columbia at 21 or 23%. In terms of number of graduates snatched up by top-name consultancies, MIT wins (McKinsey: 24, Bain: 9, BCG: 9) followed by CBS (McKinsey: 29) and Tuck (BSG: 10, McKinsey: 10, Bain: 6). As one further complicating variable, it's arguable that Columbia's consulting grads have higher average salaries than the other two schools.

So, bottom line, Columbia is thoroughly competitive with MIT and Tuck as a consulting feeder school.

Good luck,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks Paul, your feedback is appreciated.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
chiraggrad wrote:
Thanks Paul, your feedback is appreciated.

You're welcome.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]