Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 22:07 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 22:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 839 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am surprised at the first poster who claims PR to be better. IMHO, PR questions do not mirror GMAT (even Kaplan's do not) but Kaplan's are nearer. While individual opinion is ok, perhaps a glance through all previous posts by very many posters may be a good idea. I did not take PR course but did buy the PR and Kaplan CDs and frankly Kaplan is a cut above PR (although PP is far far better test than any of Kaplan's tests - in difficulty levels, in scoring logic and in not having even a single mistake).
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Actually, I do think that PR's questions are a lot closer to the real GMAT than Kaplan's. If you read through older posts, you'll see that Kaplan quant is a lot harder than the real GMAT, and that their verbal questions, especially RC, are convoluted and confusing, not at all like the real thing. PR's verbal questions especially are very similar to the GMAT. I did not use Kaplan's materials because of all the negative things I read on the boards, but found PR to be very similar in style and difficulty to the real thing. I would recommend them along with Powerprep and the OG without hesitation. They were excellent.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
What is the data of scoring ? Have you given GMAT ? How many times? What is your score and how much did PR help you? Sorry to get drawn into a needless issue, but you are the first poster on GMATClub advocating PR and I would be very interested in knowing the actual data.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I highly doubt I'm the first person on this site to recommend them, and I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you. Do you work for one of their competitors or something?! Sheesh.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
This club is not there for people who do not want to post their own credible thoughts and point accusations at others. I have been a member for very long now. I do not post very often but do interject whenever I see some possibly incorrect messages being given. It is clear to me that you do not have any data to support what you have been advocating and therefore I would recommend all club members to have their own checks before getting into PR materials. I am - for your info - not a supporter of Kaplan or anybody and everyone needs to take what is best and what works for them. People who have given GMAT, scored high and are now in app stages do not return to this forum to get into contests, but to help others since they believe that this club helped them through their own journey for the GMAT. Finally, it would be very nice if you totally abstain from using swear words on this club forum.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Missing the Point [#permalink]
Neither of you are helping.

I have already used both the Kaplan and Princeton Review CD's.
I did not ask about the quality of the CD's, as I already know the answer to that.

I asked about opinions on a prep course. There is a reason that a CAT CD costs $25 and a prep course costs $1100-$1200. To dismiss the courses b/c a generic CD out of a shrink-wrapped package is not up to par is, in my eyes, not a fair assessment.

Please comment on the courses, if you have taken them. That is the kind of valuable feedback I am looking for.

Bickering over which $25 CAT CD is better is not what I asked.

Thank you.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1539 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
jjomall, IMO, you should not spend that much money on an actual test prep. If you already scored 650 and need that extra push to reach the 700 treshold, then just practice the tough questions from this site and from the paper tests and you should be fine. Unless you have much money to spend, I would not waste my money on test prep courses which is more geared towards improving the average grades of the masses. When PR boasts average score improvement of 100 points, I think most of that average is from guys scoring in the 400/500 range going up to the 600. Those in your position, at 650, will not get much of that benefit to go to the 700 level. Well, maybe you will get it but once again, I would not pay 1200$.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
anup, I merely shared my opinion on the company's materials...I am not posting "potentially incorrect messages". I used PR, found the materials to be extremely helpful, and should not have to post my personal stats to prove to you that the materials are of exceptional quality. The fact that I choose to keep my stats private is my business, and not an indication of anything else.

If you don't like them, fine. I don't care. But don't try to invalidate the opinions of others because they won't conform to your definition of what qualifies as a legitimate opinion. As far as all of these companies go, we are ALL sharing OPINIONS. What we think about a product. Both Kaplan and PR can help someone score 700+. I personally prefer PR, someone else might prefer Kaplan. But they're just opinions, and if you disagree with an opinion, that's fine, but don't make silly accusations that an opinion is invalid if someone doesn't feel like telling you their personal data.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]