Last visit was: 18 May 2024, 15:05 It is currently 18 May 2024, 15:05
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 217 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1563 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 252 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations :D... Amazing spirit :) U have done it ! :D

Best of luck for your applications :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1482 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
You have made such a breakthrough, buddy!! :) ..and it's definitely due to your optimism, the great lesson we should learn from you. Thank you for contributing another paradigm of persistence and volition power to us. Wish you all the best to whatever you aim for :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
If we say that is AWESOME - think is not enough.

You know- i am wondering in life (facing a 'real life' problem) - how many people will have perseverence and TRUST in what they can do, what they can achieve, what they can deliver- as positive soul with GMAT.

This has to be a person with strong soul and vision.

you offered a life lesson (although this test is not on that topic)- think can be taken as mentioned above.

good luck - you are strong person

ps- just share with us your prep aproach (speak also about your thoughts during prep period)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 317 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thank you once again.

Originally posted by positive soul on 03 Oct 2006, 17:34.
Last edited by positive soul on 23 Mar 2007, 04:08, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congratulations first of all on getting rid of the GMAT!

Dude i have one question for you and all the members here. I have put this in quote to highlight a fact and know your opinion about this strange thing.
I took my test last thursday. I got a 470. ( My post is still on the main page " Took it twice.. 300 in Jan and now 470 in Sep)

My score breakup is Quant 37 and Verbal 20.

A difference of 40 dam points!!!???!!!!

How is it possible that i got a 470 with those scaled scores and he got a 510????

positive soul wrote:

I got a 510 (36Q 20V?) this time. Believe it or not, I was happy that I improved my Quantitative score. :-D

Any exact thoughts on this puzzle?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well, I believe the ? in his score indicates that he doesn't remember exactly the breakdown.

The other answer is that it is getting more difficult to achieve high scores on the GMAT. I took the exam twice in about 5 weeks and the average score reported on the official score report went up from 526.0 to 526.6.

Another example is that I believe not too long ago, 50Q/50V would have resulted in an 800 score, but currently yields less.

The GMAT score is scaled against other test takes for the past 3 years, and it's clear that the competition is getting tougher.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 252 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Fantastic post, positive soul :)

It will inspire more than one guy :D.... Your story is amazing: this endless motivation to go ahead, overcoming your "virtual" own limits :) All things seemed to be against and u achieved to turn all of them to a concrete 700 score :D

I stop to watch a movie to read u and, of course, I regret nothing ;) Thanks for it :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
breaking the odds once again Mr. Gump [#permalink]
WAY to go Positive!
Keep the same attitude while you do your applications and don't forget to run, just Run Forrest!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
What an inspiring story! Good Job!

I get motivated even more when I read posts like this.

:-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Positive soul,

I am a lil late in the day, but a big CONGRATULATIONS!
Your never-give-up attitude is inspiring, to say the least.
Kudos, man!...You really fought your way to a grand score!
Enjoy your every- bit- deserving success!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 770 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Please accept a belated congratulation from me as well. Great job, well done!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: From 420 to 700....... It is good to be part of the 700 [#permalink]
Hi Positive Soul,

I thought its almost impossible for me to do well in gmat...afterall I'm not even doing well in prepsoftware...(low 300)..this is so embarassing but now that you've shared your success story, it really inspire me to practice harder.

Cld you kindly advise me on which revision books I can use? I am currently using The Gmat Review. Is this book a good revision book?

Look fwd to your kind advice, please.

Tks & regards, :)
Westie

positive soul wrote:
Hi guys,

I just came back from the test center with a big smile on my face. :-D

Got a 700 (Q47, V39). As many of you guys remember, I joined this site after getting a 420 back in October. I was feeling so down that I chose "positive soul" as my username. I have to say that the road was not easy, but I found very helpful all the support I got from you guys.

I am exhausted, so I will write in more details in the next few days.

Now, I am going to sleep. :-D

Remember to never give up.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thank you all again for your kind words.

The split for my 510 score was 36Q, 23V.

Westie: when you mention the GMAT Review,I believe you are talking about the Official Guide. I am sure everyone in this forum will agree that this MUST be your most important source for practice materials. I also recommend working on the GMAT Club Challenges since these problems provide an excellent opportunity to practice "challenging" quantitative problems under time constraints.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
positive soul wrote:
Thank you all again for your kind words.

The split for my 510 score was 36Q, 23V.

Westie: when you mention the GMAT Review,I believe you are talking about the Official Guide. I am sure everyone in this forum will agree that this MUST be your most important source for practice materials. I also recommend working on the GMAT Club Challenges since these problems provide an excellent opportunity to practice "challenging" quantitative problems under time constraints.

Yes exactly, I am referring to the offical guide. Is this book as good as kaplan because most of you seem to mention about kaplan revision materials...look fwd to hear from you again. Thks!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
In my opinion the Official Guide is better because it has real questions.

I found Kaplan questions to be easier than the real thing. But that is just me. I know others that experienced the opposite. I guess it depends on the person. Having said that, some of the Kaplan materials go over Kaplan's strategy and review the mathematical concepts tested. In addition, the CD with practice tests is very useful.

I don't see a reason why you couldn't use Kaplan to complement the Official Guide.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
From 420 to 700 [#permalink]
Wow!! How did you do this?

I posted 470 in my first attempt and know I am capable of doing better - want to be in the 700's on my second attempt. How did you achieve this = please share your strategies.

Dancer
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 533 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
positive soul wrote:
In October 2006,

However, I have to say I felt frustrated when members posted their 700+ score on their very first post. Why?, because they made look easy to get a 700, while I was killing myself to get reach that level.)

You know I really agree with you on that. I took my first test yesterday and got a 370. It's not easy to get a 700.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderator:
Founder
37452 posts