Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:33 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
John: David
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1109 [1]
Given Kudos: 1752
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Darden essay-help [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
vibha wrote:
For essay #2 (how do you xontribute to the experience of other Darden students), I hesistate to say the typical stuff. Does anyone have a clever approach to answering this? I feel like all applicants will eddentially say the same thing...?

Hi Vibha,

If it helps, we have some essay samples on our site for this topic: https://aringo.com/free-mba-community-c ... y-samples/
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi there, and thanks for writing. I think you may find mbaMission's Darden essay analysis to be quite helpful: https://www.mbamission.com/blog/2018/06 ... 2018-2019/

vibha wrote:
For essay #2 (how do you xontribute to the experience of other Darden students), I hesistate to say the typical stuff. Does anyone have a clever approach to answering this? I feel like all applicants will eddentially say the same thing...?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
It is written in the proper pattern it should have. So, We highly appreciate that you did such good work.
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi there vibha

The key here is to not write what you think admissions committee members want to read, as there is no one perfect candidate profile. If you take this approach, you may end up saying something very similar to other applicants.

Instead, your uniqueness should (and will) be one of your greatest selling points. Your essay should paint a clear picture of who you are, what motivates you, and what you are passionate about.

Business schools want to know how you will make the business world (and the world more broadly) better when you leave their campuses. They also want to know how you will leave a unique mark.

Past behavior is the best predictor of the future, and we all have left a mark in one way or another. Personal MBA Coach suggests taking the following actions to help brainstorm.

Make a list of everything you have done in your life and take the time to write it all down. Think carefully about the decisions you have made, activities you enjoy and, most importantly, why you made those choices.
    Think about your future goals. What do you want to do after you earn your MBA and, again, why?
    Next, look for a theme! What single idea connects items from #1 and #2? This is the hard part, so give it time.

You can also take a look at our Darden essay analysis here.

Best,
Personal MBA Coach

vibha wrote:
GMAT Club Bot