Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 17:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 17:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
How To Prepare [#permalink]
Well if I were you I would buy some CAT's. I know Manhattan (MGMAT) has simluated GMATs (they're not actually CAT's because they don't adapt) which gives you a good amount of practice with budgeting time.

I think PR or Kaplan has extra CATs you can purchase online. Check out this forum, people have posted lots of links on where to get CATs.

So if you have a month or so to prepare, try to take a couple of CATs a week and then spend a few hours every week focusing on weak areas.

And most importantly, stay positive, you don't need to look too far for inspiration as there are many people on these message boards that have bounced back from bad test experiences. Just forget about your bad test experience and really get pysched up for round 2. Go in there confident and CALM and you'll do just fine.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
i was consistantly scoring in the 700 range with the Kaplan tests and gmatpreps. then test day i got a 640..my verbal just shot way down compared to practice tests.

im going to retake the test. im now just reviewing verbal and in teh last week and a half go back to both Q n V
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thanks johnnyx9 and jayy178,

I am going to give it one more shot and I am not going to let one attempt tear me down. I would have liked it to work for me but hey! its when the going gets tough that the tough get going! and I am anything but not tough :)

Thanks again...will make sure I PM you both when I get an 800 or near there somewhere :)
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37310 posts