Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 03:26 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 03:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yeah, but down from last year according to 411.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
ceglar wrote:
Yeah, but down from last year according to 411.

You mean total app volume? Means nothing, totally a function of how popular the site is year over year. I bet by the end of R2 you'll see more data in R1.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
no i mean those invited to interview for chicago
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
Question:

Did everyone's email read:

Name: (Name should appear as it would on your passport)

Last name (surname): XXXX

First name (given name): XXXX

Are they looking for us to fill out line "Name:" in place of the words (Name should appear as it would on your passport) or is that meerly the header row for "Last name" and "First name"?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
Question:

Are they looking for us to fill out line "Name:" in place of the words (Name should appear as it would on your passport) or is that meerly the header row for "Last name" and "First name"?

Got the same mail.

I think they just want to confirm whether the information you provided is in line with your passport.

In case of any discrpencies, we are supposed to notify them.

You know Rhyme, I think they have already decided on the candidates they are going to admit. Interviews are just going to be a formality and unless one completely blows up, interviews are not going to count much.

Basis of my reasoning

1) In GSB dicussion forums, current students have clearly mentioned that application volume are up and they had to work this weekend to get the invitations out before time.

2) If application volume is up and they have reduced the decision period by nearly 2 weeks then it seems plausible that candidates have been choosen

What's ur take on this?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
jaynayak wrote:
rhyme wrote:
Question:

Got the same mail.

I think they just want to confirm whether the information you provided is in line with your passport.

So I suppose my middle name should be added. I kind of wondered though.... might it have gone only to non us citizens?

Quote:
In case of any discrpencies, we are supposed to notify them.

You know Rhyme, I think they have already decided on the candidates they are going to admit. Interviews are just going to be a formality and unless one completely blows up, interviews are not going to count much.

I considered this as well. It's certainly feasible that maybe they have already made up their mind on the vast majority of interview candidates, or, based on this final read of apps they didnt have many more invites to send out and thus felt that with the ones they had they pretty much covered their bases - and would thus be able to complete most of the decisions in the next few weeks.

Arguably however, theres another way to look at this - if volume is up, and the decision date is restricting, then the applicant pool must be relatively weak. Thats good news.

Either way, all I know is, in less than a week I'll have completed my GSB interview and I will be 100% complete will my applications until Dec 20 and no matter how you dice that, thats cool.

I was just thinking though - do I really want to possibly get a ding 5 days before christmas? :(
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 593 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
Arguably however, theres another way to look at this - if volume is up, and the decision date is restricting, then the applicant pool must be relatively weak. Thats good news.
(

Agree with you on that aspect. It is quite possible that the applicant pool is weak and if that is so and I got an invite then in the eyes of adcom I am a very serious candidate.....

That makes me smile. But that is the only emotion I am going to show for the time week. Another week to go before my interview...
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
I could believe that the applicant pool is larger but weaker. That's what happens when you get to #1 in the rankings. You get a lot of publicity, which means you'll probably get more applications. Of course, the number of highly-qualified candidates is probably static, so a lot of the additional apps are probably from fringe people.

Think of it this way, people that are competitive at Harvard and Stanford will probably not be influenced too much by the new Chicago ranking, but people looking for a reach school might think "it's #1 and it's probably easier to get into than Harvard, so why not?"
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
pelihu wrote:
I could believe that the applicant pool is larger but weaker. That's what happens when you get to #1 in the rankings. You get a lot of publicity, which means you'll probably get more applications.

That would be great if true, but somehow I doubt it. The BW rankings were released on Oct 12. That leaves only 6 days to complete an app (Chicago deadline is the 18th). I find it hard to believe that people would read the BW rankings and hastily put together an app in less than a week. Seriously, that's just plain foolish.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2