Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:45 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks [#permalink]
Thanks you bb and sunaraya for you input, this has definitely given me a base to start with. :-)
Founder
Founder
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
sunaraya wrote:
Hi! mikey, :D

I completely agree with bb. The books he has recommended are really very good. I started studying Princeton book and then after bb recommended Kaplan(Thanks bb. :D ), I bought all three of them. 2003 edition, verbal & math workbook. After studying few chapters of Kaplan GMAT, I can say that this book is more methodical and makes more sense than PR book. Well, this is how I'm studying.

1. I started with verbal section in Kaplan GMAT.

While studying a verbal topic from 2003 book, I refer to verbal workbook and get more details about the same topic. This way I will cover verbal workbook when I'm studying verbal section from 2003.

2. Finish practice quiz from Kaplan GMAT.

3. Finish practice sets from verbal book.

4. Start with Math section from Kaplan GMAT and do as above.

5. Complete practice tests from Kaplan GMAT.

Hope this helps.

:oops: I did not know people did follow my recommendations...

I am glad you found it helpful.

I can't say exaclty why but PR's books are not as strong and not as effective. What I like about Kaplan is that they are usually short on words and get to the point fast. In contrast, I onced had ARCO book and those people just can't shut up. They think Volume is more important...

I guess I'd better shut up now as to not to resemble the ARCO people.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi bb,

Do you know anything about "GRE GMAT LSAT 2003 Deluxe" book? I think this is not one of KAPLAN'S retail products. But I could see this listed on KAPLAN's website.

I would like to know if the questions/tests in this book are different from
Kaplan GMAT 2003 (Book & CD-ROM) and Kaplan GMAT Verbal Workbook. I just want to make sure that there is no overlap and I am not buying the additional material unnecessarily.

Also on ebay, people are selling KAPLAN's $ 1250 classroom material (1 homework book + 1 lesson book + 1 CD with 4 FULL length practice tests). People are selling this material for $ 150-175. Is it woth buying?
And again the question would be, will there be any repetitions in questions/tets?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
[#permalink]
Did anyone fine Kaplan Verbal and Kaplan Math workbooks redundant after going through KAPLAN GMAT 2003. I find there is quite a bit of repetition in the work books, and since workbooks come without CDs I find them totally not worth the money, did everyone find them useful? I can't see the diff between the strategies in Kaplan GMAt and Kaplan workbook.
Founder
Founder
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
VN wrote:
Did anyone fine Kaplan Verbal and Kaplan Math workbooks redundant after going through KAPLAN GMAT 2003. I find there is quite a bit of repetition in the work books, and since workbooks come without CDs I find them totally not worth the money, did everyone find them useful? I can't see the diff between the strategies in Kaplan GMAt and Kaplan workbook.

TO say about the workbooks, I have not noticed too many redundancy, but I was not finished with Kaplan's CD exercises when I was working on both of the Workbooks.

Math Workbook does not have many strategies really - just rules and exercises....

Verbal does have a number of questions that repeat - probably 10-30% but I did not care a whole lot. The usefulness of the Verbal workbook came from more detailed strategies and more extensive exercises that were targetted at specific skills.

I found the workbooks similar, but going much more in depth.

Sorry VN :wink:
Founder
Founder
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
am1974 wrote:
Hi bb,

Do you know anything about "GRE GMAT LSAT 2003 Deluxe" book? I think this is not one of KAPLAN'S retail products. But I could see this listed on KAPLAN's website.

I would like to know if the questions/tests in this book are different from
Kaplan GMAT 2003 (Book & CD-ROM) and Kaplan GMAT Verbal Workbook. I just want to make sure that there is no overlap and I am not buying the additional material unnecessarily.

Also on ebay, people are selling KAPLAN's $ 1250 classroom material (1 homework book + 1 lesson book + 1 CD with 4 FULL length practice tests). People are selling this material for $ 150-175. Is it woth buying?
And again the question would be, will there be any repetitions in questions/tets?

Thanks.

I have encountered the LSAT/GMAT/ETC - it does not seem to be too good... very similar to the KAPLAN CD BOOK....

Concerning the Workbooks, you can read my above post - a few questions may overlap, but the main value of the VErbal workbook are the strategies and exercises; wehreas math does not overlap at all. At least in my memory....

I have no comments on the Kaplan's Classroom Materials.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]