Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 07:58 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 07:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:
Yale's Ranking has been stuck in the bottom of the 20 and the president of yale has been criticizing the program for not catching up to the rest of the univ in ranking. The fastest way to up this ranking is to decrease the class size and increase GMAT scores.
- The app is by far the easiest app that i've done. Like the common application in undergrad, making an application easier will increase more people to apply because they can re-use their other apps and make very few modifications. I for one did not apply to too many top 10 schools because their apps require far more effort and time.

Many of my friends applied to yale for one reason : Minimal Effort for the application...I didnt fell into the trap!!!!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
Someone mentioned that Yale's president is leaning on SOM to pick up the slack. I met with someone who works in development at the school, and she told me the same thing. All the fundraising/improvement efforts at the school are currently being focused on SOM.

Well, boys, we apparently aren't good enough to be invited along for that ride....

Good luck to those of you still in the chase.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I've heard the rankings thing before, but if you go to admissions411 they're definitely turning down high GMATs. Other schools that are called GMAT whores seem to turn away high GMATs too. I guess admissions411 is just a small sample size, probably can't draw too many conclusions from that.

So Yale started out as a public-policy-save-the-world type school? I've read a little bit about that, what a strange approach, maybe they thought they attract all these altruistic geniuses and kind of set their brand apart or something. Maybe someone in advertising can explain it to me.

Does anyone ever talk about a school's average GPA? Seems like schools are only concerned about GMAT. Is this because basically everybody who applies to b-school has a decent GPA (except me) and the high GMATs are harder to come by?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
GPAs are impossible to compare - from one school to another, or even from one major to another at the same school. I've got a pretty fancy gpa from a not-so-fancy school. Does that make me a smarter, better student than someone with a so-so gpa from an elite school? Hard to say.
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
johnnyx9 wrote:
I've heard the rankings thing before, but if you go to admissions411 they're definitely turning down high GMATs. Other schools that are called GMAT whores seem to turn away high GMATs too. I guess admissions411 is just a small sample size, probably can't draw too many conclusions from that.

So Yale started out as a public-policy-save-the-world type school? I've read a little bit about that, what a strange approach, maybe they thought they attract all these altruistic geniuses and kind of set their brand apart or something. Maybe someone in advertising can explain it to me.

Does anyone ever talk about a school's average GPA? Seems like schools are only concerned about GMAT. Is this because basically everybody who applies to b-school has a decent GPA (except me) and the high GMATs are harder to come by?

750-780's will get multiple-offers..playing a Yield game

710-740 looks like with in range....

may be the so called " I am different for the sake of being different" focus of the school
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Send PM
Re: Wait-listed at Yale without interview [#permalink]
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Wait-listed at Yale without interview [#permalink]
   1   2