Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 16:57 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 769 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 332 [0]
Send PM
Re: Hi HongHu [#permalink]
Rookie123 wrote:
Did a finance and accounting degree, which i hated. Can anyone let me know if i am insane for applying?

#1 The later you apply, the less likely you will gain admission.
#2 Finance and accounting are core classes for bschool. Doesn't that say something about business? If you hate those classes, you will not like business school.
#3 Yes you are insane for applying. It's tantamount to saying I hate dealing with people but I want to be a salesman. Furthermore, a 2.2 gpa is at the very low end for bschools.

question: How well do you do on standardized tests?

Rookie123 wrote:
I want to do law eventually as that is my passion, but seems similar doors close witha low GPA. Hence im using work experience in finance as leaverage to apply to MBA programs. I know what you mean as in do what you have passion for. but right now, seems MBA is my only option. Im currently an account manager for Bloomberg, doing seminars and trainings and feel this is not what i want to do, $$ is important but not at this stage of my life. GMAT to mee will open some doors for me... I hope..

#4 GMAT does not open any doors..

#5 It is unheard of to get an MBA to go to law school.

It really seems to me like you don't know what you want to do with your career. How involved have you been with law that you know you have a passion for it? I have a lot of friends with law degrees and 100k+ debt who are not lawyers.

Going to grad school because you hate working and don't know what to do is the worst reason and it will show in your essays. My advice would be to do a bit of soul searching before you make your next move.

Sorry for the bad news, it is probably not what you want to hear. But, do not make the mistake of going to grad school thinking it will somehow fill a void.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
If you hated finance and accounting as a major in college, you should NOT pursue an MBA. It's heavy on quant.

If you want to study law, then pursue that. Not an MBA. You're totally aiming in the wrong direction.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]