Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 07:06 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 07:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
target institutions [#permalink]
EconGirl,

I don't want to be mean but the multilateral institutions you are targeting might not be the best place to work for post-MBA.

The survey from Vault on IFC/WB reveal that intra-company politics are very strong. From what I hear from my friends here in the Phil. govt., politics are very strong in here or in Washington.

One survey was very revealing, "if you want to do a lot of *ss kissing, go to WB..."

My LT plan is to go back and work for the Phil. govt. However, post-MBA I need to make my money so that I can walk away from my job anytime--my boss calls this f*ck you money. This way, you can tell anyone to f*ck off and walk away if they are asking you to do something unethical.

I think it would be better for you to join an IB that is interested in the BRIC countries. Work with the IB for a few years then transition to a multilateral after you make your money.

Just my two cents...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
jchip, no prob, I asked for your opinion. I planned to get at int. development through consulting. will probably never end up working for wb or similar, at least not directly.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
When it comes to MBA general reputation, both schools are firmly in the elite cluster. Duke has a stronger rep. as an undergrad insititution, but NYU is at least as strong for many programs at the graduate/professional level.

I would place more emphasis on location than reputation. Based on my clearly limited knowledge of your interests, NY seems a more logical place to me than NC but others are welcome to differ on this point.

I share the view that an MBA is not your only pathway for success. Indeed, JHU, Columbia's MIA, and Harvard's KSG all seem to be viable alternatives.
Non-Human User
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Send PM
Re: NYU vs. Duke [#permalink]
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: NYU vs. Duke [#permalink]
   1   2