Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 21:06 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 21:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Buy a bottle of pepto, unplug your phone, and if you have a girlfriend chryogenically freeze her until you get the score you want.

In all seriousness it sounds like you have a plan - OG11, its supplement guides, and GMATPrep are going to be the most important pieces. Dont burn through GMATPrep too fast, but once you have taken both use them for math practice because the questions on that section generally dont repeat. Keep doing the verbal section too just for practice - take it a lot the week before the test - and you will do fine.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Quote:
OG 11
- OG 11 Verbal
- PR Cracking the GMAT
- Kaplan 2007 Premier
- Manhattan GMAT SC

Sorry, dont mind asking me this, i am new to GMAT , not started my prep...conditioning myself!! :P .

But what is OG 11
- OG 11 Verbal ,PR Cracking the GMAT ....

Who are the authors?? I am located in India, can somebody help me out?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 565 [0]
 Q50  V31
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi,
OG 11 means official guide 11th edition, while PR means princeton. You may get these books from any good bookshop in India... you may also try your hands on Kaplan and Kaplan 800...

If you are from Mumbai, you may get them from crossroad, churchgate, sterling book-near VT station... and if you are from Delhi then you may look at shops like Jawahar book depot- ber sarai-nr IIT.

regards,

Amardeep
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
The Official Guide Ed. 11 is definitely worth buying. Make sure you get all three books. They're made by the people who make the GMAT, so the level of questions are most reliable. The Kaplan and Manhattan Review books are also helpful. The Manhattan Review books have glossaries and terms that are used a lot in the GMAT, so if you're unfamiliar with it, you probably want to get those books too. Good luck with your prep!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 227 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
OasisNYK wrote:
Buy a bottle of pepto, unplug your phone, and if you have a girlfriend chryogenically freeze her until you get the score you want.

Doh! Not possible. Actually she helps a lot with my, ahem, stress relief :kiss
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
hey guys...i'm looking to take the gmats in august. planning to get started tomorrow actually.

i ordered OG11 and PR study books. i should be getting them tomorrow from amazon.

i work full-time so i'm looking at maybe 2-4 hours of study on weeknights. on weekends probably mornings and evenings.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]