Last visit was: 27 Apr 2024, 12:05 It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well done!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 520 [0]
Schools:Darden
 Q50  V51
Send PM
[#permalink]
Great job. Have you decided which you will choose yet?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats Luminos! You have some difficult choices ahead!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Did you get your mccombs acceptance today?When did you interview?

Stats?
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1539 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats luminos, that was a long way since you started the GMAT. All the best.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 135 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
So where will you be this fall?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
[#permalink]
Congrats luminous!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
congtrats.....great achievement.
i think you mentioned earlier you are all set with Tepper right?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Thank you guys for your wishes and like many others here i can't thank you enough for all the help and support you have provided throughout this journey :)

pelihu wrote:
Great job. Have you decided which you will choose yet?

I am all set for Tepper (atleast as of now) and that depends on two factors
1) I manage to find a co-signer for my US educational loan
2) McCombs doesn't offer me a significant financial incentive

ISB is all but out...I have to send them a "reject" mail soon :twisted:

dipeshc4 wrote:
Did you get your mccombs acceptance today?When did you interview?

Stats?

yes...got the call in the morning...i submitted my app on Jan 11, was invited for interview on Feb 20th and interviewed on March 27th. In fact, i was surprized to receive the decision so soon...i wasn't expecting it for another couple of weeks...maybe they take lesser time to decide towards the end of the season.

Oh-so-common stats - 760/3.1/6.5 years/Indian/IT/male/good xtras

Paul wrote:
Congrats luminos, that was a long way since you started the GMAT. All the best.

Thanx Paul...it was a long way indeed!...almost 2 years to the date...took my GMAT on April 19th 2005...but somehow it didn't seem all that long...how time flies!! :)

eazyb81 wrote:
So where will you be this fall?

The answer to that will be comming up after the break :lol: just kidding!

as i mentioned, still not 100% set...worst case -> back in India, another gruelling application season (only to schools which will co-sign the loan)
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
luminos24 wrote:
as i mentioned, still not 100% set...worst case -> back in India, another gruelling application season (only to schools which will co-sign the loan)

A few comments on this:

a) You are brave. I would not want to wait another year after investing so much time and effort.

b) Seek advice on your chances. Don't postpone a year if there is a chance that you won't be able to get into higher ranked schools next year.

c) IMHO, the funding without co-signer is not only important for you to actually raise the money, but also as confidence vote on the program. It's like the schools and/or the market is (are) saying "we're so confident you'll get a nice job for which you will be payed at least decently, that we are lending you money without a cosigner".

Cheers. L.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
lepium wrote:
A few comments on this:

a) You are brave. I would not want to wait another year after investing so much time and effort.

I know! :( it's not wise to wait another year but that seems to be the only option for the worst case scenario. The option of taking loan in India and then paying it off doesn't sound convincing to me. with almost 13.5% interest rate and the maximum amount which will not even cover my 1 year expenses here, doesn't sound good.

lepium wrote:
c) IMHO, the funding without co-signer is not only important for you to actually raise the money, but also as confidence vote on the program. It's like the schools and/or the market is (are) saying "we're so confident you'll get a nice job for which you will be payed at least decently, that we are lending you money without a cosigner".

I am not sure if i fully understand what you were trying to say...Any private loan in US for International students requires a US citizen/resident as a co-signer....the only exception was Access group which summarily rejected my loan application due to in-sufficient credit history.

Do you mean to say that other banks might issue me a loan without a co-signer if they have confidence in the program that i am going to attend?
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
luminos24 wrote:
I am not sure if i fully understand what you were trying to say...Any private loan in US for International students requires a US citizen/resident as a co-signer....the only exception was Access group which summarily rejected my loan application due to in-sufficient credit history.

Do you mean to say that other banks might issue me a loan without a co-signer if they have confidence in the program that i am going to attend?

No, what I'm saying is that at some schools (typically ultra-elites and at least some of the elites) you are guaranteed a loan without a co-signer just by being admitted. These schools have agreements with banks to guarantee loans for internationals without co-signers. At some schools, like Kellogg, it's even the school who's lending you the money.

Cheers. L.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]