Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 07:27 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 07:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dilshod wrote:
rhyme wrote:
helg wrote:
rhyme wrote:
helg wrote:
aaudetat wrote:
Since we seem to have a pretty lively conversation going here, I thought I would run something by you all. For my work (economic community development), I would really love to nail Spanish. I'm not far off - I studied a few semesters in college and am quick at languages. It's also so much like French that there's relatively little for me to learn; it's more of an adjustment. I would love to make "becoming fluent in Spanish" one of my goals for b-school, but I am not sure how realistic that is as I will be so busy learning accounting, etc. What do you guys think?

Я считаю, это правильное решение. :wink:

Городской суд г. Химки (Московская обл.) приговорил ректора Московского государственного университета культуры и искусств Татьяну Киселеву, обвиняемую в превышении должностных полномочий, к лишению права занимать руководящие должности в госучреждениях высшего
профессионального образования на срок 1 год.

Could you explain us, why you support racism? :lol:

Yeah... incest too...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
ps_dahiya wrote:

стишок имеет гайки ...

не думаю, что я знаю русский. Она напрямую используя google

LOL

rhyme has nuts
don't think that I know russian. She uses google directly.

LMAO
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nsentra wrote:
ps_dahiya wrote:

стишок имеет гайки ...

не думаю, что я знаю русский. Она напрямую используя google

LOL

rhyme has nuts
don't think that I know russian. She uses google directly.

LMAO

Awwww maaannn
I didn't realize what стишок имеет гайки meant!!!
That's a riot! :lol: :lol: :lol:
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
johnnyx9 wrote:
Kwam - INSEAD doesn't count Portuguese as a language toward their language requirement!?! Any idea why?? I would be really offended or maybe just p*ssed off if they didn't accept my native language.

Sorry, perhaps I did not make myself clear, I was not talking about portuguese, but for instance they say that they will not take in account Hindi with Urdu, Danish with Norwegian, Dutch with Arikaans, because of similarity. I do not know if this is the same thing between Portuguese and Spanish (Spanish for me is kind of easy it's very similar to Portuguese).

See page 21 the item b) Entry and exit language must be linguistically different.

ربما تعلم العربية هو الحل. وقفة التاهب
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 98 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Oh sorry, didn't actually check out the document.

Is it true that Portuguese are offended if you try to speak Spanish to them? As in, if a tourist stops someone to ask for directions and just launches into Spanish assuming the person will understand them?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 236 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'm fluent in Bullshit, Gibberish, and Pigeon English :-D

Does this meet the requirements for INSEAD? :roll:
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
I can understand Bullsh*t, but I don't speak it quite as well. Something I'll have to work on before recruiting season gets geared up first semester.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
johnnyx9 wrote:
Oh sorry, didn't actually check out the document.

Is it true that Portuguese are offended if you try to speak Spanish to them? As in, if a tourist stops someone to ask for directions and just launches into Spanish assuming the person will understand them?

I'm brazilian, but living in Portugal, and depending on the situation this could happen. Usually elder people do not like to be approached by a language other than portuguese, but younger people do not care, so tourists tend not to ask things to the older ones.

What really offends them is that sometimes tourists think that official language of Portugal is Spanish. In Brasil we hate that sometimes people think that Buenos Aires is our capital :x , It is the same thing as telling a canadian that their capital is Washington DC :shock:
Director
Director
Send PM
[#permalink]
Canada? You mean America Lite? (Just kidding Canadian friends!)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dilshod wrote:
rhyme wrote:
helg wrote:
rhyme wrote:
helg wrote:
aaudetat wrote:
Since we seem to have a pretty lively conversation going here, I thought I would run something by you all. For my work (economic community development), I would really love to nail Spanish. I'm not far off - I studied a few semesters in college and am quick at languages. It's also so much like French that there's relatively little for me to learn; it's more of an adjustment. I would love to make "becoming fluent in Spanish" one of my goals for b-school, but I am not sure how realistic that is as I will be so busy learning accounting, etc. What do you guys think?

Я считаю, это правильное решение. :wink:

Городской суд г. Химки (Московская обл.) приговорил ректора Московского государственного университета культуры и искусств Татьяну Киселеву, обвиняемую в превышении должностных полномочий, к лишению права занимать руководящие должности в госучреждениях высшего
профессионального образования на срок 1 год.

Could you explain us, why you support racism? :lol:

Так как все белые люди должны умереть. Я ненавижу вас, в любви со мной сейчас. Любите любовью? Я чувствую себя им в нацистской Германия и улучшении использования некоторых действительно дерьмо механизм кодирования, что любой может угадать, бы сказать, строкой или что-то. Можете ли вы в этом разберетесь? Ее eleet все бред и дерьмо.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
[#permalink]
Racism needs to be eradicated. A pig it is not necessary to copulate. Yesterday I talked good luck on this theme. To me have told that I climbed in the business{affairs}. We shall forget about this trite theme. It is not necessary to plant demagogy. We are born to fly, instead of to creep. Bitterns of vodka, have a snack a herring, bite off a piece of a pickle and hammer on all aforesaid
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kwam wrote:
In Brasil we hate that sometimes people think that Buenos Aires is our capital :x , It is the same thing as telling a canadian that their capital is Washington DC :shock:

HEY! Irmao! Tudo bem?
At least you are not being told that Rio is the Capital of Argentina! (it does happen, believe me) I mean, that's like telling a Canadian that LA is the Capital of Canada :lol:

Cheers. L.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Portuguese-native
English-fluent
Spanish-getting to fluent
French-medium/basic level
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 317 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
English
Spanish
French (interm)
Portuguese (interm)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Schools:Berkeley Haas
 Q50  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
Так как все белые люди должны умереть. Я ненавижу вас, в любви со мной сейчас. Любите любовью? Я чувствую себя им в нацистской Германия и улучшении использования некоторых действительно дерьмо механизм кодирования, что любой может угадать, бы сказать, строкой или что-то. Можете ли вы в этом разберетесь? Ее eleet все бред и дерьмо.

Dilshod wrote:
Racism needs to be eradicated. A pig it is not necessary to copulate. Yesterday I talked good luck on this theme. To me have told that I climbed in the business{affairs}. We shall forget about this trite theme. It is not necessary to plant demagogy. We are born to fly, instead of to creep. Bitterns of vodka, have a snack a herring, bite off a piece of a pickle and hammer on all aforesaid

:shock: What are you guys eating? Mushrooms?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
Dilshod wrote:

Bhahah thats awesome.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Schools:Ross, Kellogg, Darden (i/v)
Send PM
[#permalink]
Tamil - Mother tongue
Hindi - grew up in North India and learnt the language through school as well.
English!
Can also read/write German.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3   4