Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 16:30 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 16:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 565 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q50  V31
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
 Q48  V38
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 891 [0]
Concentration: Strategy - Finance
 Q49  V36
Send PM
Re: !!! [#permalink]
We're on the same boat.
A. on the same boat
B. at the same boat
C. in the same boat
D. ove the same boat
E. upon the same boat

My last GMAT Score was 600 [Q 48, V 25]. Since then, I've been working intensively on the verbal section while maintainning the same level of math, with probably a slight improvement.

I've asked for help here in this forum and read alot of posts full of information about how to improve the verbal skills. Now, I feel way more confident of my verbal skills.
A. confident of my verbal skills
B. confident with my verbal skills
C. confident in my verbal skills
D. confident upon my verbal skills
E. confident at my verbal skills

Make sure you read every sticky in the forum and if you need help, you can e-mail me
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
I am in the same situation, I took the Gmat after studying for 6 weeks and got a 610 (Q48, V27). My performance in the Verbal section was far below as I had expected, I remember that I run out of energy after the Quantitative section, I was mentally exhausted! On the other hand, a low score in the Verbal section means that there is a lot of room for improvement and that's my motivation! Anyways, you have to realize that your strength is in Quant, it will be mainly Quant what will take you to the score you're looking for! When are you planning to re-take the exam?
Cheers,
F
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Send PM
tlntd177 wrote:
Hey guys I just took the gmat after 1 month of studying ... I scored a 610

Q(47) V(27) what do you guys think ???

The score means you are good. you need more practice. (My opinion). Plan and i think you can easily move to 720+

All the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
tech, don't you think you're presuming a lot about someone you don't know to advise them to study harder and that they will then have a shot at getting a 720?

i would say that you know yourself best. i dont know what your goals are in terms of schools, but you probably know what range of schools you're capable of getting into. if 610 isn't enough for those schools then, yeah, work harder and take it again. but by now i'm sure you know your abilities and skill level. just work towards improvement. working for a result (like 720) wont get you anywhere. it's the process that you need to focus on. best of luck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 187 [0]
Send PM
I gave GMAT some about 5-6 months back and got 610. well my take of that score is that its not a bad score but its not the excellent score as well. So if you want to get in to some good b-schools i mean the elite group may be you should reconsider giving GMAT again and this time may be you shoud give more time to you preparation.

Javed

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I recently just took my gmat. after about 3 months of preperation, i came away with a 600 Q47, V27....I was not a happy camper after having spent 3 months. Now, i'm debating whether it makes any sense to hunker down for another 3 weeks and go head to head with the test again or to just take my time and really focus on the verbal.

The odd part for me was that math was quite simple and straightforward. I didn't have a whole lot of trouble answering the questions. The verbal was a bit different and I knew something was up when I was up to question 10 and didn't even see a "BOLD" CR question. Needless to say, my score was a disappointment.

Any killer strategy out there to help the folks in the 600 club move up to the 700 club?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 5012 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
im sure this question has been asked a billion times. is there a correlation between the SAT and GMAT score?
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts