Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:55 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Affiliations: U. Chicago, Johns Hopkins, AIGAC
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
ForumJP wrote:
hi pbodine,

thanks for your reply. i was a bit hesistant on posting because probably not a lot of people knows much about the schools.

yeah, i guess both schools probably aren't heard of at other parts of country.

how about the programs itself, do you know which schools have better focus for MC ? IB ?

once again, thanks for your help

Sorry to step in, but for MC or IB I think you should target top 15 schools. Unless you want to get a junior level instead of the typical post MBA associate level. And even so, I doubt any school outside top 15 - 20 or some specialized schools in the top 30 - 40 will make the trick.

Cheers. L.
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 118 [0]
Given Kudos: 123
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Send PM
[#permalink]
Cool.
I was thinking of these schools.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
lepium wrote:
ForumJP wrote:
hi pbodine,

thanks for your reply. i was a bit hesistant on posting because probably not a lot of people knows much about the schools.

how about the programs itself, do you know which schools have better focus for MC ? IB ?

Sorry to step in, but for MC or IB I think you should target top 15 schools. Unless you want to get a junior level instead of the typical post MBA associate level. And even so, I doubt any school outside top 15 - 20 or some specialized schools in the top 30 - 40 will make the trick.

Cheers. L.

thanks,
yeah, i am not too sure i can get a higher level job right out since i have no prior experience.
would it be hard to work my way up from junior level though? i am planning to work hard post mba and hopefully to rise up in the corp.

thanks for your input, greatly appreciated
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
lepium wrote:
ForumJP wrote:
hi pbodine,

Cheers. L.

I agree with Lepium -> It might be difficult to get into IB/MC after Oregon.

Oregon surely has grads working for large MNCs, but most likely these jobs are regular Project Management level jobs vs IB/MC. I know a girl in my company (HP) attending Oregon. She likes the program, but she is interested in just moving from engineering to Project Management.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
sm176811 wrote:
lepium wrote:
ForumJP wrote:
hi pbodine,

Cheers. L.

Oregon surely has grads working for large MNCs, but most likely these jobs are regular Project Management level jobs vs IB/MC. I know a girl in my company (HP) attending Oregon. She likes the program, but she is interested in just moving from engineering to Project Management.

do you know if she had the management position right out of MBA? or did she had prior experience?

also, would pepperdine be the better choice (if only slightly) for mc and ib then?

thanks
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
ForumJP wrote:
sm176811 wrote:
lepium wrote:
ForumJP wrote:
hi pbodine,

Cheers. L.

do you know if she had the management position right out of MBA? or did she had prior experience?

also, would pepperdine be the better choice (if only slightly) for mc and ib then?

thanks

ForumJP,

For the record, Oregon claims to place "0%" of its MBA class in consulting and 23% in financial services. Pepperdine states 12% to consulting and 22% to financial services. Among its top 10 recruiters are Boston Consulting Group (1 hire) and Arthur Consulting (1 hire). I see no IBs.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks for your information pbodine

do you know what are the most common jobs in financial services?

i would assume IB is within the type correct?

thanks
SVP
SVP
Send PM
[#permalink]
ForumJP wrote:
thanks for your information pbodine

do you know what are the most common jobs in financial services?

i would assume IB is within the type correct?

thanks

ForumJP,

Yes, IB is included within "financial services" but that also encompasses the gamut of the banking, investing, and financial-related industries.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]