Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 04:39 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 04:39

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1538 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I agree [#permalink]
with Praetorian. You have a very good overall score and an excellent quantitative score. A lof of people would want that kind of "disappointment". Per Praet's suggest, you should contact your prospective schools, or even search out the schools that "desire" strong quantitative GMAT score if you want to secure a better chance of acceptance.

Furthermore, remember that solid work experience, extracurricular activities (especially capacity for leadership/entrepreneur), your grades and your applications (essays/interview) together weigh significantly more.

Good luck!
AC
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Agree and disagree with the earlier posts.

Agree because some schools give way more importance to quant, in which case you are a shoo-in. Some schools that do that are MIT, and maybe Columbia.

Disagree because some schools really want to see an 80% up on both sections particularly if you are an international applicant whose native language is not English. Again, one such school is Wharton.

It all depends on where you want to go. How did you do on verbal in practice? I personally think you have a lot of room for improvement with a 32V but you may be wasting your time if your applying to Quant heavy schools.

Your overall score is kickass.....Congratulations!!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
First of all, thanks to Paul, Praetorian & others for wishes.. I am just getting back after the hangover..

now contemplating on the issue of retaking after a 700, I absolutely agree that it is a decent score for many schools.. Well roundedness of the overall application is what matters most...

But am surprised by something JD pointed out.. some schools (like Wharton, though not that am apping to W :P ) might reject on the basis of low verbal score itself (67%ile for a 32 scaled score).
Any other leads on this happening in the past.. as to some schools looking for sectional scores rather than the composite score .. Would love to hear that.

Also, isnt a retaking after 700 itself a testimony to the fact that applicant is trying to overemphasise the GMAT score's weightage in application (if the average gmat for the school <= 700). me thinks that would not go down well with some adcoms .. watchya say ??

as regards my verbal scores during practice.. it ranged from 32 (in Kaplan) to 44 (in Princeton) .. I definitely lost out because of timing & any other day,would have scored better on that verbal paper. :?
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1649 [0]
Given Kudos: 781
Send PM
[#permalink]
capreal26 wrote:
First of all, thanks to Paul, Aejaz & others for wishes.. I am just getting back after the hangover..

now contemplating on the issue of retaking after a 700, I absolutely agree that it is a decent score for many schools.. Well roundedness of the overall application is what matters most...

But am surprised by something JD pointed out.. some schools (like Wharton, though not that am apping to W :P ) might reject on the basis of low verbal score itself (67%ile for a 32 scaled score).
Any other leads on this happening in the past.. as to some schools looking for sectional scores rather than the composite score .. Would love to hear that.

Also, isnt a retaking after 700 itself a testimony to the fact that applicant is trying to overemphasise the GMAT score's weightage in application (if the average gmat for the school <= 700). me thinks that would not go down well with some adcoms .. watchya say ??

as regards my verbal scores during practice.. it ranged from 32 (in Kaplan) to 44 (in Princeton) .. I definitely lost out because of timing & any other day,would have scored better on that verbal paper. :?

Dear Capreal

Please ask your question in our Ask Accepted.com forum and the MBA Game Plan forum. I think they can help you better in this regard. :)
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37311 posts