Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 14:12 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 14:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 395 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nice list...

I am applying to three of those schools... praying to be accepted somewhere...

for those who are considering to study in the UK

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk is quite a good source for university information.
You may also post your profile to find out about admission chances.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Masters in Finance and Related Programs [#permalink]
Hjort wrote:
An Incomplete, Unsorted List of Masters in Finance Programs

I acknowledge that there are similar (and more complete) lists available elsewhere. I just wanted to start a thread of discussion regarding these programs.

Hjort

Where are they?
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Many schools with MS Finance programs have links to schools offering similar programs. I grew frustrated with this source since the links were updated infrequently and included schools that have discontinued their MSF programs. However, it is still a good place to look.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MSF/MFE/Financial Engineering. [#permalink]
Hjort wrote:
Many schools with MS Finance programs have links to schools offering similar programs. I grew frustrated with this source since the links were updated infrequently and included schools that have discontinued their MSF programs. However, it is still a good place to look.
Really? I noticed that some were just flat out wrong. Then when I did further inspection you can locate alot of the programs at their engineering website. It seems that the market wants MSFs but they've been settling for BBA-Finance degrees since MSFs are hard to find.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
This is why I became frustrated with this source since the links were often incorrect. By good source I mean it is a place where there is some "wheat" to be found among the chaff.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 384 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi I am also personally looking to get in a Msc possibly in Finance in Europe and as far as I have browsed throught the internet. It seems that the vast majority of schools accept the Gmat I do not want to be wrong in that. I am starting now to prepare for this test I am now actually waiting the books to arrive. I had to order them on Amazon Uk and Us, in my country is barely known as test the gmat.

I was seriously considering to apply for the Master in Economics and Finance at the LSE but it seems reading this posts that would be better to take the GRE instead of the GMAT

Sorry If so far I am not active to much on the site but in order to contribute i need before to touch some study material, I have currently only a PR book of 2004(taken from the University library) that seems ridicolously easy, and what I hate of the book is that give s you strategy about how to respond to the questions and no algebric explanations, this really frustrate me.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1539 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi Gauss, if you want to have a more theoritical approach to the MSc, LSE is the way to go. Otherwise, LBS MSc in finance could fit your need as it has a more practical/business touch.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 384 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
That's would be a great Idea Paul to apply for LBS, but I have a little problem, I do not have any working experience in the field of finance even if it is my passion. Currently I am still getting my Italian degree in Economics (in Italy takes longer to graduate due to several reasons) and I do not thik that with a great GMAT score with good academic records and maybe a university publication in the field ( I am about to begin my thesis in behavioral finance, a sperimental field of research) my application would be considered, I do not know how my GPA would be converted in terms of UK grades considering that the range is 100-107/110 (depending on how well I ll perform in my thesis).
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Have you looked at Imperial (no GMAT requirement), Lancaster, and Warwick?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Additions to the list [#permalink]
Here is the list financial engineering programs from IAFE

https://www.iafe.org/?id=academicprograms
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
It is true that Schools do not offer financial aid for MSC in Finance Students?
CEO
CEO
Send PM
[#permalink]
Some MS/MSC Finance programs offer financial aid.

For example:

https://whitman.syr.edu/prospective/mba/fulltime/aid.asp

https://www.bus.wisc.edu/qmf/financialaid.asp

Hjort
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 499 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi all,

Just wanted to share a very good site for study programmes in Europe... I think its perfect!

https://ec.europa.eu/ploteus/portal/searchcustom.jsp?dim6=254
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 583 [2]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kudos