Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 10:07 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 10:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

MBA at Vanderbilt vs MBA at Notre Dame??

You may select 1 option
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 161
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V40
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72924 [0]
Given Kudos: 18870
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 161
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V40
Send PM
Re: Urgent!!! MBA at Vanderbilt vs MBA at Notre Dame?? [#permalink]

bb wrote:
Hi. What about UNC you have on your profile? That’s out?

Posted from my mobile device

­Hi..Got only $20k/ year scholarship from UNC. So that's out for me. Considering financial constraints, have to finalize Vandy or Notre Dame. I understand the thin possibility of getting consulting roles given my background. Considering that, I have a plan B to enter operations management roles if things go south.

I've read that the alumni base of Notre Dame is far better than Vanderbilt's. However, I've heard from a student that the location of ND is a disadvantage for recruiting. For an international student, what should be a safer bet?

Founder
Founder
Send PM
Expert Reply
I’m not sure about the alumni. I cannot speak to it. Both Vanderbilt and Notre Dame are extremely highly rated undergraduate programs. There’s a private very expensive colleges. People who graduate from Notre Dame or Vanderbilt who often get an MBA from Harvard or Stanford or booth with a scholarship. That is the caliber of the undergraduate population. Unfortunately, it doesn’t translate into business school or connections. It will be hard for you to bridge from business school to undergrad.

I don’t think it matters a whole lot which of these top 30 programs you choose. I do feel a larger class size at Owen is a plus because the school will have more resources and more alarms. Being in the city and have options to fly and travel and Have access to better quality of life is also positive but perhaps this is where the stronger alumni network comes from, if you’re locked in the middle of nowhere together, you’re forced to resist together and it bonds you but if you’re in the city, then everyone has their own thing they’re doing . I think a lot of your success will be driven by chance frankly that is impossible to predict 😭

No employer will look at Owen or Notre Dame and admit you or ding you just because of that I would recommend choosing the program where you can feel you can be more successful. This means potentially a stronger consulting club or stronger alumni base or perhaps a personal network you have somewhere or easier access to financing. These things will matter more than looking at the employment report from two years ago…

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1130 posts