Last visit was: 19 May 2024, 05:20 It is currently 19 May 2024, 05:20
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1760 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1760 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
Hey, everyone,

I am just a senior student of English in Beijing, China. But now, I have determined to further my study on MBA. I know that I need a few years' working experience.

I happened to come here through Google, and find here is a excellent place for me to improve, and will do me a great favor in the process of obtaining my goals.

Will someone give me some valuable advice for me to follow these years before getting into MBA? thanks very much!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 338 [0]
Send PM
Hi guys, my name is Ryan, and I am located in Chicago.

I graduated from DePaul University with a major in finace and have been working at a major wire house. I am looking to get my MBA in Finance at either Kellogg, U of Chicago or DePaul. I would like to get an 800 on my GMAT, who wouldn't? More realistically, I am thinking to score near 720.

I would like to take the exam next January or February, as I am getting married in late October and hopefully gain admittance to graduate school in Fall of '08.

Great site, great info as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi companions,

First Score: 530 :( (GMATPREP) TargetScore: 700
I am located in Germany. My target B-Schools are
St. Gallen (Switzerland)
INSEAD (France)
I am interested in Finance&Accounting (-> target: Due Diligence)

Iam not able to speak/write fluent. So you can imagine how afraid I am of the verbal part. (AFAIK the St. Gallen B-School juste cares for the score not for the AWA, I hope..)
But I should be able to rock Quant.

I will take the test on the last week in March 2008. So I have enough time to study here for the uni and for vocabulary.

Also I have some questions:
1.)
I dont have enough money for courses. Do you think i can reach my target only by books?
I want to study PrincetonR, Kaplan 800, OG and Challenges. Then I will see if I need a additional book for verbal e.g..
2.)
Can you make notes (pen&paper) during the test?
3.)
Rumours said that you dont get the "pre-score" directly after the test. Is this correct?

What do you think?

Thanks for the motivation ;)

Best Regards
Mazar
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi..

I am a mechanical engineer with a work ex of around 6 years and aspire to get a GMAT score of 730.

I gave my GMAT this july 2nd and scored 620 :cry: highly disappointing.

I have been consistently scoring good in practice tests at home with an average score of 690-700. Can any one suggest how can I improve on my verbals.
I think I am weak in SC and lac time management. need help..please suggest I desperately need guidance on this.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Can please anybody tell me how many months study is bare minimum to get ~650. I am a chartered engineer with 12 years experience, live in London. I am targetting LBS, Cranfield, Oxford & Cambridge. I have started studying form yesterday and planning to give the exam in early October.

Please advice.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 701 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
Hi All,

Just introducing myself here (I have a full profile up here: https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/111-t56286). Engineer turned biz development, 6 years work experience. Masters degree in engineering.

Target Schools:
Stanford, Berkeley, UCLA
Maybes: Chicago, Northwestern, NYU

Target GMAT Score: 730
First GMATPrep Score: 770?!

Will be studying the next 3 weeks in preparation for the test. Mainly SC. Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone,

I am a sotware engineer working in an Indian IT company. I have around 2 years of work exp. I am planning to give the GMAT next year . my target score is a 750+. :)
Some of my target B-schools are:
Insead
IMD
LBS

I am looking forward to get your valuable inputs and feedbacks and put it into practice so that I can achieve my goal.

Thanks.
Best wishes,
Arnab
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,
My name is Mark. I live in Washington DC. I graduated from Univ of Missouri (not the best, I know) with a 3.9. I have military experience, am a member of my neighborhood commission's Licensing and Economic development committee, created and update the commission's website and get involved in various local clean up/tree planting projects around DC.
I'd like to get above a 700 on the GMAT. I haven't started studying for the GMAT, but am starting tonight.
I'm a bit concerned, because I'm not really involved in business. I've been doing economic research/analysis for the past 3 years. Hopefully, that won't keep me out of business school. Right now my research is primarily on the financials of non profits.
My top (unrealistic choices would be) Harvard, Yale
After that, I'd like to try Georgetown, UVA or Duke (they're all relatively close to DC)
Hopefully, I'm not aiming too high.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello All,

This is Karuna. I am a new member of this group. I am having 4+ yrs experience in IT industry. I am aiming to pursue my MBA from Indian School of Business which would need a very good GMAT score. I wish and hope this group will help me in fulfilling all my dreams.

Good luck all GMAT aspirants.

Thanks,
Karuna
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Send PM
Hello All,

I am MWW7786 from Tallahassee, FL. I've been at the GMAT club for some time now, and have lots of materials. I just wanted to re-intro that anyone in the neighborhood may feel free to link up.

This GMAT prep has been one of the most intensive experiences of my life. I have already gained further insight from this website and have found this forum to be very user friendly. We all need a little help from time to time in this GMAT journey, and I appreciate everyone who has provided a little here and little there.

MWW7786
Tallahassee, Fl
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
 Q51  V38
Send PM
I am Sathya from India/NJ/NY. An IT Engineer for abt 1.5 years now. UG in India and a Columbia Grad. Planning to do part time MBA this Spring.

Just started preparing for GMAT. Planning to take it early october and hoping to score somewhere around 700. I expect myself to be one of those 1000+ posts member.

I love gossips, memorize cricinfo and spam slashdot ;) I am neither productive at work nor at home. So am gearing to go back to school.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Hi all

Exactly 2 years after dropping my plans to go for an MS in Comp Sc ( :arh that still hurts :cry: :ouch :ouch )... i am back on road again..I have set my priorities striaght...Had always thought of doing MBA..but expediated it by some time after seeing little growth in my present job....

I will, on matriculation, have 3 years of experience in IT( not the best bet i guess :? )... but i am hopeful... i am young, still can be moulded :) ... my D-day is in 3 weeks time :writer !!!! Time to roll up the sleeves, ramp the MAT.

Everyone here , from the ones who have 0 posts to the ones who have in thousands....you guys are great... :wave

FP
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 148
Schools:Baruch / Zicklin
 V3
Send PM
I'm 27, male, born and raised in NYC - parents are indian. living in time square right now.

education: at age 27, switched from comp sci major to english. should finish my bachelors in english in about 1.5 years.

work experience: started own consulting firm in high school, sold it at 19, been working with a non-profit gov't company since 2000 as a senior (IT) infrastructure architect

plans: while working on my bachelors in english for the next year and a half or so, im going to be studying for the gmats as well. i would like to get into nyu's part time program.

judging by the posts on this site, i am in the right place for the motivation and direction which i was looking for. this should be a fun ride ;]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
Hi all!
I just discovered this part of the forum, so thought I'd go ahead and introduce myself as well.

Before I do, though, I've got to say what a great help this forum is for me. I've been using alot of different study guides, but just getting on here and solving problems, or seeing how others have approached the problems, has been a great help. I'm not strong in math, so the tips, tricks and shortcuts are wonderful. Just learned a new one today on mixtures problems that will save alot of time.

I've been out of school for many years. My B.S. is in horticulture, and I'm working as a department manager for a large wholesale nursery company which has several locations nationwide. I've raised a family and now it's my time. I want to get an MBA and see how far it will take me. I intend to stay with the company I work for - their tuition reimbursement is allowing me to do this. My goal is to become a general manager for one of the sites, maybe eventually a VP.

My target score keeps going up as I prepare and do better on the practice tests. My latest practice test was a 730 - a couple months ago I would have been happy with a 600! This forum has had alot to do with helping me hone my skills. I'm taking the test on 8/18/07 - 2 weeks from Saturday. I don't need a great score - I'm not going to a top-flight school (limited by location and the fact that I'm going to keep working). But I've always pushed myself to the limit and I want a great score just to show myself that I can do it.

I have a feeling I'll stay on this forum even after I take the test. It's stimulating to be in the (virtual) presence of so many intelligent, motivated people!

Good luck everyone!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
It is a pleasure being a part of this Group and I really feel the worm feeling among the members. My name is Ali and im from Saudi Arabia,
Taking the GMAT is something that is almost impossible for a person who is from this part of the world. Yet, this club kept my candle burning and my attitude very well positive.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Greetings everyone!

I'm Paul and I'm fresh out of college. I just finished my BBA this year and I majored in Management Information Systems and Management. I'm planning to take my GMAT soon, at the end of September. Sounds really soon eh?
Well, due to my state of mental depression these past few weeks, er well... maybe a couple of months or so (a long story maybe I'll tell you when you ask me) I decided to pursue another academic road.
Frankly speaking, I need all the help I need, my target score would be in the median 700 range, upper 700 if I'm lucky.
Please feel free to message me any advise or tips on how to ace the GMAT.
Hope to hear from you guys soon!!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
 Q51  V39
Send PM
Hi all !!

I'm 23-yr-old male, from Asian region.

I just got bachelor degree in accounting about 2 months ago from university in Asia, with GPA of 3.8.

Work experience, currently have none, but about to start working with one of Big4 accounting firms in 2 months.

GMAT: currently have score of 750 (V39 Q51) AWA 5.0

Target, plan to do MBA with concentration in Accounting in top 10 schools in 3-4 years from now

nice to know you all
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  11   12   13   14   15  ...  66