Last visit was: 18 May 2024, 23:20 It is currently 18 May 2024, 23:20
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools:The University of Texas at Austin
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools:The University of Texas at Austin
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Advice [#permalink]
Hi clubbers need your advice on
Quote:
Please tell us about a time when you executed a plan. Describe in detail what you thought, felt, said, and did.

For this essay can I talk about my completion of my first half-marathon and how I executed my plan of training for it and completing it. ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Toploader wrote:
Any word on when/how international interview invites will go out?

I'm anxiously waiting an invite for Asia...I haven't heard of anyone interviewing outside of US getting an invite yet. Can anyone comment on this? I was told by a current MIT student that we should know of invites by Christmas.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
Last year I believe a lot more people heard post new years than heard in December. There have not seemed to be any invites recently. They drag out their invites over a very long time unlike places like Chicago and Wharton who send them out over just two weeks. I would liken it to Kelloggs decision process, it never seems to end.

I am starting to think if I dont get an invite by mid Jan I may just withdraw. I love MIT but I dont want to drag this on any longer than I have to. It would be nice to just have a decision made soon. By next week I will know about Chicago so I will know if I have to decide between Kellogg and GSB...then its like another month and a half until I would find out about MIT.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
From what I could gather on bw forum, there are no international invites yet except for London. Someone posted Jan 3-5 as the London schedule. MIT uses only adcoms to interview so it makes sense that invites will go out rather by country or multiple countries at a time.

My speculation is the adcoms are interviewing in the U.S. first throughout Dec and then they will branch out to other countries in Jan. I wouldn’t worry too much right now for Asia until after New Year. Of course, my speculation could change when I started seeing posts for Asia invites.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 309 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have been speculating about MIT, but its impossible to detect any sort of pattern to their invites. They have SF dates in mid-Jan, London dates in early-Jan, Santa Monica in mid-Dec, DC in mid-Dec, Cambridge in mid-Dec and early Jan. Add to this, god knows when they are coming to Seatlle and LA. Same for the other international locations.

Mid-Jan is my mental cut-off date. No invites by Jan 15, then its a ding.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth 2010
Send PM
[#permalink]
ncprasad wrote:
I have been speculating about MIT, but its impossible to detect any sort of pattern to their invites. They have SF dates in mid-Jan, London dates in early-Jan, Santa Monica in mid-Dec, DC in mid-Dec, Cambridge in mid-Dec and early Jan. Add to this, god knows when they are coming to Seatlle and LA. Same for the other international locations.

Mid-Jan is my mental cut-off date. No invites by Jan 15, then its a ding.

i think they have different adcom at different locations. my invite indicated who i was interviewing with, so it sounded like that one person was handling the whole dc region.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Is the 500 word limit for the cover letter strict or can we exceed it by 30-50 words.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 309 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
[#permalink]
More than the number of words, its important that you fit the entire letter (including From, To, Sincerely etc) in 1 page. Use Times Roman 11-font if you need to instead of the standard 12-font. That said, I think the 500-word limit applies only to the body of the letter, not the other fluff.

I think my cover letter was around 515 words.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Toploader wrote:
Congrats! Let's hope they keep coming!

R1 Roll Call
djdan - Interview Invite
jpjazzman - Interview Invite
dabots - Interview Invite
Kwam - Submitted
ncprasad - Submitted
CookieMonster - Submitted
riverripper - Submitted
aurobindo - Submitted
collegesenior -Submitted
saurabh357 - Submitted
deepuaries - Submitted
Toploader - Submitted
sangoman - Submitted
BCC145 - Submitted
Vij101- Submitted

Count me in for Sloan R1, still anxiously waiting for interview invite, I'm an expat working in Asia, so hub interview will be one of the East Asian cities.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Analytic Finance, Economics and Strategic Management
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2010
 Q49  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
I received the e-mail with interview invitation. It's going to be first week of January.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats kwam!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kwam wrote:
I received the e-mail with interview invitation. It's going to be first week of January.

Congrats man! :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
kwam wrote:

wow kwam you're cleaning up. u also got other invites and acceptances right? care to share your stats? thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 324 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Info from the application page:

Quote:
Entrepreneurship and Innovation (E&I) applicants only:
Essay 5: Tell us about a time when you shared your talents or expertise with a group or organization. (500 words or less).

Does it mean that I will not be able to study entrepreneurship in MIT Sloan unless I write this essay? :? Is the core entrepreneurship curric. within MBA good enough for an average career changer?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
nick_sun wrote:
Info from the application page:

Quote:
Entrepreneurship and Innovation (E&I) applicants only:
Essay 5: Tell us about a time when you shared your talents or expertise with a group or organization. (500 words or less).

Does it mean that I will not be able to study entrepreneurship in MIT Sloan unless I write this essay? :? Is the core entrepreneurship curric. within MBA good enough for an average career changer?

You can surely study entreprenurship even if you're not in the E&I. I am 100% positive, MIT makes a point to stress that. They recommend that only the hard core entrepreneurs to apply E&I becuase it is super intense and not for everyone, so if you're not sure then go with regular and simply take entrepreneur classes, and you still have all the resources availabe to you.

If I'm not mistaken you can get into the regular program first, then after you matriculate you can then choose to do the E&I in addition if you want. I believe people have done so in the past.

If you are a career switcher (I am assuming into finance, consultin, etc?)then definitely do not choose E&I, it doesn't fit with your story.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Congrats kwam!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth 2010
Send PM
[#permalink]
congrats kwam. i enjoyed my interview, it was not as bad as people make it out to seem.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18  ...  31