Last visit was: 23 May 2024, 03:34 It is currently 23 May 2024, 03:34
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 243 [0]
 Q48  V34
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V34
Send PM
Re: Cranfield MBA? [#permalink]
I think St.Gallen should be a good choice. Have you thought about it?
As far as UK is concerned, i feel you can also look for lancaster ..
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1683 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
I've also heard of the name Imperial College thrown in the mix.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V34
Send PM
oh yes Imperial has a good reputation too. THanks bsd . By the way bsd, hows your hunt coming along ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:CBS, MIT, Kellogg, Wharton
Send PM
I have also heard good things about Cass Business School
SVP
SVP
Send PM
trahul4 wrote:
oh yes Imperial has a good reputation too. THanks bsd . By the way bsd, hows your hunt coming along ?

Hey trahul4 , I'm currently waitlisted on LBS. I am also applying to Chicago and NYU R2. Hows things going for you ?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
If you want to work in the UK and you are not an EU citizen, then https://www.workpermit.com/uk/hsmp/mba_provision is a good pointer for schools.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
HEC Paris is not in the list... grrr..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
HEC is an excellent school, no doubt about it! Conversely, I am not sure if HEC is not a little bit too French orientated. Or in other words, I think that HEC has a strong national committment to the French economy and French recruiters. In my opinion, you must be willing to work in France, if you apply for HEC!?

Cheers!

toDoorNot wrote:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V34
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:
trahul4 wrote:

Hey trahul4 , I'm currently waitlisted on LBS. I am also applying to Chicago and NYU R2. Hows things going for you ?

I have got ding from Indead and admit from Melbourne Business school.. waiting for my results from NUS singapore, St Gallen and Erasmus ... by the way did you follow the Sydney test ?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Hey MBS is wonderful news. A good mate of mine graduated from there and is currently a VP at a large investment bank in Tokyo. Assuming you get into all the rest of the schools (St. Gallen, NUS and Erasmus), which one would you prefer ?

ps. Haven't had time to follow any sport, been too busy with applications for R2.

trahul4 wrote:
bsd_lover wrote:
trahul4 wrote:

I have got ding from Indead and admit from Melbourne Business school.. waiting for my results from NUS singapore, St Gallen and Erasmus ... by the way did you follow the Sydney test ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V34
Send PM
St Gallen May be....
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 144 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) - Class of 2010
Send PM
catgmat wrote:
HEC is an excellent school, no doubt about it! Conversely, I am not sure if HEC is not a little bit too French orientated. Or in other words, I think that HEC has a strong national committment to the French economy and French recruiters. In my opinion, you must be willing to work in France, if you apply for HEC!?

Cheers!

toDoorNot wrote:

I know someone who recently graduated from HEC Paris, but found it too difficult to get a work permit in France. The Beauracracy was mindboggling. She went to the immigration office to extend her work permit (during her intern... student visa only allows limited work so you have to apply for permit to work full time), queued up for 3 hours, handed in her documents and was told that she had all the correct documents, so they could now arrange for her interview in 3 months time!!!!, by that time her current visas would be outdated, and that was no guarantee to get an extension.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 235 [0]
Schools:St Gallen, Cambridge, HEC Montreal
 Q48  V39
Send PM
togafoot wrote:
catgmat wrote:

Cheers!

toDoorNot wrote:

I know someone who recently graduated from HEC Paris, but found it too difficult to get a work permit in France. The Beauracracy was mindboggling. She went to the immigration office to extend her work permit (during her intern... student visa only allows limited work so you have to apply for permit to work full time), queued up for 3 hours, handed in her documents and was told that she had all the correct documents, so they could now arrange for her interview in 3 months time!!!!, by that time her current visas would be outdated, and that was no guarantee to get an extension.

I visited HEC last year and was told by a non French-speaking Indian student that most campus recruiters are French speaking only. So, you'd rather be proficient in French.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Hey All.

Well, I can assure anyone that if you come to Cranfield you will have a great time, but you will be working your arse off !!!

Cambridge and Oxford both have excellent MBA programmes and are very strong and reputable brands. However you will note that Cranfield is held in higher regard as a business school, due to it's exentsive experience in executive education, which means that lecturers generally get their info straight from the "front-lines" so-to-speak, as most of them consult in industry. This is probably also refelected in the student population, as the acceptance criteria tend to be more focussed on work/management experience. In my learning team I have had nuclear engineers, a Phd in radio physics and a chief of staff from the swiss armed forces.

Another selling point at Cranfield for me is the extremely strong alumni network. Cranfield has over 10000 alumni of which over 70% hold executive positions. Most alumni have proven to be very helpful. The rural location means that you get to know your classmates very well, so you form strong bonds and the atmosphere tends to be more laid back than the other schools. You don't feel like you have to turn up for lectures in a shirt and tie.

I would probably say the only downside is that it takes about 1.5 hours to travel into London for interviews, etc.

Best of luck with your applications.

If any of you plan on attending an open day, please drop me a line.

Cheers,

Andrew.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
For anyone interested in getting a look at the social side of the Cranfield MBA, you can take a look at our group on facebook: Cranfield FT MBA 07/08
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
 Q48  V34
Send PM
apieterse

is it a good time to apply to cranfield now ? I think many people might have already got admits by now ? ?
I'm now considering cranfield after getting waitlisted at St.gallen . Let me know your thoughts on this.

Cheers
Manager
Manager
Status:Post MBA, working in the area of Development Finance
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I got an admit to Cranfield with 4000 GBP schol! :)
I was expecting a higher figure, though! :o
Can I send a pm to you?

Regards
apieterse wrote:
For anyone interested in getting a look at the social side of the Cranfield MBA, you can take a look at our group on facebook: Cranfield FT MBA 07/08
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6936 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts