Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1133 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
 Q50  V34
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 298 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:Oxford'10
 Q49  V37
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 1133 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Completed at SAID BUSINESS SCHOOL, OXFORD - Class of 2008
 Q50  V34
Send PM
Re: Cranfield MBA? [#permalink]
Kudos
buffdaddy wrote:
Hi ps_dahiya,

I was at SBS yesterday at the openday. Now that a few months have passed and you are into your 2nd term, what do you think of the program?

What have been the highlights/lowlights so far?

No program is perfect and so is SBS. But overall I am liking the place as well as program. There is so much fun going on always and it is very difficult to keep up. This is true of all one year programs - Extremely Intense. Before coming keep your priorities straight otherwise you will not be able to put the focussed effort on your career goals because you will find everything interesting. The choice of electives is what I was looking for. But the career service is not what I expected. I have heard from my friends that all other UK programs (Cambridge, LBS, Cranfield) are also same as far as career service is concerned. Here the case may be that I am used to "Indian" style recruitment and now I am finding it totally opposite. Anyway, I am happy. If you have specific questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers
Manager
Manager
Status:Post MBA, working in the area of Development Finance
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Thanks.
I received the admit last week.
As PS_Dahiya has indicated, one applies for the scholarship in the application and the offer of scholarship is made known with the admission offer.
Regards.
catgmat wrote:
Hello Artemov,

Congrats!
When did you receive your offer for a place at Cranfield?
Have you applied for a scholarship or did you receive it with acceptance?

Cheers,

Artemov wrote:
I got an admit to Cranfield with 4000 GBP schol! :)
I was expecting a higher figure, though! :o
Can I send a pm to you?

Regards
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 492 [0]
Send PM
Artemov wrote:
I got an admit to Cranfield with 4000 GBP schol! :)
I was expecting a higher figure, though! :o
Can I send a pm to you?

Regards
apieterse wrote:
For anyone interested in getting a look at the social side of the Cranfield MBA, you can take a look at our group on facebook: Cranfield FT MBA 07/08

Hey what was your GMAT score ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I had scored 690 (V38 Q47), was never happy with it and thought a lot about the re-take. Once upon a time, I never imagined I would ever score less than 700, my practice tests confirmed that...but time was not on my side for an early re-take...and well...that's a long story...

I got an admit from Oxford recently :lol: and am exploring the means of finance for the programme at SBS.

Regards.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
 Q46  V33
Send PM
Hi Artemov, congratulations!

I am also taking this school into account. By the way, why did you apply there? Cranfield is seems to be a very good school, but I never met any Russians going there.

So what have you decided ? SBS or Cranfield ? As for me, my application only at the very beginning (mastering GMAT), but I seriously consider Cranfield for its average applicants age (31).

Good luck to you !
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi.

We have 3 russians on the course this year.

Pm me and I can put you in touch if necessary.

Best of luck with all your applications,

Andrew.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thanks for the wishes, ArtEast.
I am on the higher side of the age (38+) and I could fit into very few FT MBA programmes.
I am from India and I have decided on attending SBS.
Only time will tell about the correctness of my decision, but I let go the chance to attend LBS-Sloan Fellowship Programme because of a no. of personal reasons!

Best of luck for your future successes.

Regards.
ArtEast wrote:
Hi Artemov, congratulations!

I am also taking this school into account. By the way, why did you apply there? Cranfield is seems to be a very good school, but I never met any Russians going there.

So what have you decided ? SBS or Cranfield ? As for me, my application only at the very beginning (mastering GMAT), but I seriously consider Cranfield for its average applicants age (31).

Good luck to you !
Intern
Intern
Send PM

IF anyone has any queries on work and life on the Cranfield MBA please feel free to PM me.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I'm actually targeting Cranfield as a backup choice for my MBA, if I will be dinged by other top 1-year programs in Europe.
From the information that I have reached, I have an idea that Cranfield is about the same league as SDA Bocconi, but since I am italian, I could be more interested in an internationa experience.
Furthermore, since I will be targeting for September 2009, fees for UK masters are going down in these months due to the exchange rate to Euro!

In which sectors is Cranfield MBA good for works and networks?

I am an engineering working in IT consulting, desiring to move in technology marketing, or tech start-up / VC.

apieterse wrote:

IF anyone has any queries on work and life on the Cranfield MBA please feel free to PM me.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Send PM
From the information that I have reached, I have an idea that Cranfield is about the same league as SDA Bocconi, but since I am italian, I could be more interested in an international experience.
Cranfield is highly recognized in UK due to its GM / executive education and has a strong alumni network in UK. I heard that actually many recruiters come to Cranfield campus. Moreover Cranfield focuses on personal development and networking (London!) for its candidates. I think that Cranfield is in the same league like Manchester, Imperial College, maybe ESADE, but yet below Oxbridge. I think that Cranfield is still underestimated and as a matter of fact not super famous outside of UK.

In which sectors is Cranfield MBA good for works and networks?
From what I heard, strong ties with AT Kearney and McK for their UK consulting arms. I am not sure if it is really recommendable for finance/IB. The Cranfield MBA is a GM programme and benefits from its mature and experienced candidates who probably return to their former career sectors.

Please note that I am NOT a current Cranfield student, but I have visited the campus and have talked to current students and alumni. Maybe Apieterse can provide you with more accurate information about Cranfield.

Cheers mate!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
We met quite a few Bocconi people at MBAT and the Dean also came and gave us a lecture, he was really excellent.

I would say that there are quite a few differences between Bocconi and Cranfield in terms of culture, my impression was that the student population at Bocconi was a lot younger than here at Cranfield, where pratical experience is held in high regard.

I would agree that Cranfield is underestimated outside of the UK, where it is not very well known. The school's history is strong here in the UK. Our Director, who is my tutor, has just been awarded an OBE by the Queen.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
How are the placement services ?? How does it compares with Warwick WBS.. ??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The school has a full-time career services staff of 8 people who provide career guidance, mock interviews and CV reviews. In addition they point you towards opportunities that suit your profile.

This year the careers fair was attended by 24 companies including Arcelor Mittal, Rolls Royce,Microsoft, Amazon, Vodafone, etc, etc, etc.

On average we probably have 1 company recruitment presentation per week.

In addition we have had consulting alumni evenigs and finance alumni evenings.

The rest would be up to you.

No idea how this compares to Warwick.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
apieterse wrote:
The school has a full-time career services staff of 8 people who provide career guidance, mock interviews and CV reviews. In addition they point you towards opportunities that suit your profile.

This year the careers fair was attended by 24 companies including Arcelor Mittal, Rolls Royce,Microsoft, Amazon, Vodafone, etc, etc, etc.

On average we probably have 1 company recruitment presentation per week.

In addition we have had consulting alumni evenigs and finance alumni evenings.

The rest would be up to you.

No idea how this compares to Warwick.

Thanks Apieterse.

For comparison, I meant how does the school compares to Wbs in general ?? In various rankings both are evenly matched ..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Oxford'11
Send PM
For anyone interested in updated info about Cranfield SOM, I just have been at a Preview day event and the impression is excellent.
Maybe the facilities and the surrounding environemnt aren't glamourous (e.g. as Oxford for Said), but the class presentation and the mini case-study were very clear taught, interactive and professional. The career service approach seems very helpful, going the extra-mile in defining your career objectives and really working hard on finding ways to land you the "dream job".
On the darker side, the campus may seem deserted, not really many "distractions"` from study and it's about 20 min drive from the nearest town (Milton Keynes). On the brighter side, there are plenty of on-campus accomodation places both for single and couples.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
a11c99 wrote:
For anyone interested in updated info about Cranfield SOM, I just have been at a Preview day event and the impression is excellent.
Maybe the facilities and the surrounding environemnt aren't glamourous (e.g. as Oxford for Said), but the class presentation and the mini case-study were very clear taught, interactive and professional. The career service approach seems very helpful, going the extra-mile in defining your career objectives and really working hard on finding ways to land you the "dream job".
On the darker side, the campus may seem deserted, not really many "distractions"` from study and it's about 20 min drive from the nearest town (Milton Keynes). On the brighter side, there are plenty of on-campus accomodation places both for single and couples.

Thanks for the info mate... when are u planning to apply ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools:Oxford'11
Send PM
Amit05 wrote:
a11c99 wrote:

Thanks for the info mate... when are u planning to apply ?

:-) mate, I've already applied and got accepted with scholarship.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts