Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 01:27 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 01:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 200 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Chihao, have you considered taking the Kaplan or Princeton Review preparation course? If not the classroom, then the on-line?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72888 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thanks for posting your feedback....

Actually I got exactly the same score as you did (49, 42) (92%, 96%).

I had a very similar problem set. #12 was a probability - I was happy to see it since it meant I was doing good, but then I was not as happy since I could not crack it. I missed it.

I don't remember much about my verbal, except one strange thing. After I answered question 41, I still had 40 secs left and I thought I'd let it run out, but then decided to move on, and after I clicked next another question showed up, another #41... very weird.... but I got it answered; it was a short SC I think.

in any case, appreciate your time.
BB
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi avidya,

Will you please post your scores on Kaplan and PowerPrep CATs

Sergei
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
sejinro wrote:
Chihao, have you considered taking the Kaplan or Princeton Review preparation course? If not the classroom, then the on-line?

Hi sejinro
Thank your response.
In fact, I don't consider attending prep class or on-line class of kaplan and Princeton; on the one hand, I think their fare are expensive and doubt those sevice or class have extreme effective for real GMAT test. On the other hand, I have attended prep class(local craming school in Taiwan) three years ago. But,at that time, I could not take GMAT test because I must to go military service as a soldier for two years when I graduated from university.(In Taiwan, every adult men must be go military service for two years). After ending
my compulsory responsility for nation, I began to work up to now.
In fact, I only have a bit memory about GMAT, just so-called "rust"; therefore, I must refresh it and renew to study GMAT materials.
In sum, thank your suggestion.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi everybody,

bb, trust me, the pleasure of sharing my experience is all mine.

sergei, my kaplan scores were 620 and 660. 660 was just 2 days before the exam. as most of the posts will tell you, they can be increased by 50-100 points to indicate ur ETS score. my PP scores were 710 and 760. I made it a point to do both before working on the OG.

chihao, i think no matter how simple the paper, under the test conditions, things will look tough. so do not worry abt the pattern that u will receive. Just be mentally prepared for anything. I have seen people make mistakes on easy papers just because they could not believe how easy the questions were. This test seems to be more about aligning ones thinking in the ETS style. Once that is done, nothing will be tough. And best of luck.

avidya
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi avidya
Thank your experience.
To tell the truth, it is pleasured that I can obtain some precious experience and suggestion and communicate with your for preparing GMAT test.
Thus, I deem investment in this GMATClub site for one hour a day, a practice that is rather worth. Maybe, now, I have been studying GMAT alone.
Therefore, I need your assistance on strategies and approach of preparing test.
avidya, I agree with your viewpoint about mental factor on GMAT test.
I tried to take Model-test(PR) yesterday; this experience makes me tired and painful on the process of taking test. Yet, only good thing let me realize my weakeness and strength of GMAT.
Thank your advice.
Chih-Hao
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Re: [#permalink]
bb wrote:
Thanks for posting your feedback....

Actually I got exactly the same score as you did (49, 42) (92%, 96%).

I had a very similar problem set. #12 was a probability - I was happy to see it since it meant I was doing good, but then I was not as happy since I could not crack it. I missed it.

I don't remember much about my verbal, except one strange thing. After I answered question 41, I still had 40 secs left and I thought I'd let it run out, but then decided to move on, and after I clicked next another question showed up, another #41... very weird.... but I got it answered; it was a short SC I think.

in any case, appreciate your time.
BB

I just took test on Monday. I was on what I thought was the 41st V question and took my time reviewing my answer since it wad the last Q. I didn't hit submit until I had 5 seconds left and, to my surprise (and utter panic), another question popped up. Of course, I didn't have enough time to read the question, but I was quick enough to select a random answer. I've been kicking myself for messing up the numbering (particularly since i scored lower on verbal than on my practice tests (44 vs 46)) but it sounds like I got two question 41's like you. I'd never heard of that happening. I was even close to canceling my score.

I wonder how many others experienced the same thing??

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: University of Minnesota (Carlson) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Re: A very unusual GMAT [#permalink]
Nice Job!