Last visit was: 03 Jun 2024, 21:26 It is currently 03 Jun 2024, 21:26
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Schools:Chicago Booth 2010
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 324 [0]
Send PM
Re: from talking to other MBAs...random stuff... [#permalink]
he-he, I also am in this sample :lol:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
The only thing I disagree with is Wharton as Top 3. I typically hear it as a 'Top 5' or 'Top', but who really describes anything as Top 3? :lol:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
 Q47  V40 GMAT 2: 710  Q45  V42
GPA: 3.8
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Send PM
isnt all of this a bit ludicrous ... the struggle with codifying top 'whatever' seems so irrational to me. There are 'right' schools for everyone out there ... rankings and the amount of time and energy expended on them is a criminal waste.

'I hope I can get into a top 10' :lol:
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Send PM
Wharton is top 3, no doubt.

I always find it funny that there are way more than 10 schools that claim to be in the top ten. :-D
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Management, Finance
Schools:Chicago Booth 2011
 Q50  V47
Send PM
Wharton is definitely top 3. Who's better overall other than H and maybe S?
There are companies that recruit only at H/S/W, but none that recruit at H/S/Chi or H/S/K or H/S/Sloan. I've heard there are companies that only recruit H/W.
Director
Director
Send PM
this is the post i was referring to: https://forums.businessweek.com/n/pfx/fo ... w-bschools
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
I am not saying it is not one of the three top business schools. What I am saying is that the casual person doesn't refer to things in units of three. Typically, you hear things like "Top 10 songs of the week" or "Top 5 plays"...

I am not talking about its actual ranking, i am talking about how people classify it in words. At least that's what I interpreted this whole thread to be about.

[quote="sonibubu"]Wharton is definitely top 3. quote]
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I think its more of an ego thing, there arent many people who even really get what Top X school means. I think if you are talking about it with someone who has no idea of b-schools you arent going to say top 3, 5, or 10. You just say I am going to XXXX, then may go on to say its one of the best in the world or something.

It is only really helpful talking to someone who knows the schools anyways without having to tell them. I tend to feel a lot of people who say I am going to a top x school online usually arent...if they were they would say the school but then someone who goes there or is heading there might call them on it. I think BW is full of people lying about a lot of the stuff they post.
Current Student
Schools:F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
Send PM
BW is really quite pointless as a source of information .... great place to vent, pick fights and be generally unpleasant towards others :lol:

It has none of the thoughtful responses and well thought out opinions and views seen on this board.

riverripper wrote:
I think its more of an ego thing, there arent many people who even really get what Top X school means. I think if you are talking about it with someone who has no idea of b-schools you arent going to say top 3, 5, or 10. You just say I am going to XXXX, then may go on to say its one of the best in the world or something.

It is only really helpful talking to someone who knows the schools anyways without having to tell them. I tend to feel a lot of people who say I am going to a top x school online usually arent...if they were they would say the school but then someone who goes there or is heading there might call them on it. I think BW is full of people lying about a lot of the stuff they post.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Investment Management
Schools:CBS, Cornell, Duke, Ross, Darden
Send PM
riverripper wrote:

I agree 100% with what you are saying. As a CFA Charterholder, I also frequent analystforum (AF), which is "similar" to gmatclub. The main differences are 1) GC people really care and take the time to write considerate, well thought out posts 2) AF people are so sarcastic and if a repeat/similar post has been written in the last 6 months, you will get slammed with "search for it, moron" or cynical remarks 3) There are a lot of smart people here that have been through and/or are going through the process, as opposed to countless wannabees or pretenders on AF. Wait a sec, I suppose GC is nothing like AF. This is really a warm and friendly environment, and I am so thankful to have stumbled upon it. :)
Director
Director
Send PM
bweek is nothing compared to xoxohth
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I think the huge difference between here and BW is the oversight present on this forum. We are very self policing. When someone tries to start trouble here they are quickly dealt with.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 310 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Health Care Marketing
Schools:Ross '10
Send PM
Wow. I read about half a page from the very 1st thread on that forum. Unbelievable trash, but very entertaining, though.

https://www.xoxohth.com/thread.php?threa ... 5a#9741948

dabots wrote:
bweek is nothing compared to xoxohth
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 324 [0]
Send PM
sm332 wrote:
BW is really quite pointless as a source of information .... great place to vent, pick fights and be generally unpleasant towards others :lol:

It has none of the thoughtful responses and well thought out opinions and views seen on this board.

Why so? 'Ask Sandy' is a pretty funny thing out there :lol:

Originally posted by nick_sun on 12 May 2008, 14:22.
Last edited by nick_sun on 12 May 2008, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Send PM
ok there are some useful tidbits amidst a sea of garbage ... according to him I have no shot at H/S/W and would be a reach at the Top 20. So I will fill you in on where I end up :wink:

nick_sun wrote:
sm332 wrote:

Why so? 'Ask Alex' is a pretty funny thing out there :lol:
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Sandy aka gollum is pretty knowledgeable but according to him the only way you get in is to be a superstar or use his services.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 73 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
Sandy aka gollum

lol! This brings back memories of his picture you posted a few months back!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2