Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 00:04 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 00:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Investment Banking
Schools:Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [1]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Sustainable Development
Schools:Ross '12 (MBA/MS)
 Q49  V45
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [0]
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Re: MGMAT CAT4 - 690 - Q45/V38 [#permalink]
Are the Princeton Review CATs free ? If so, where can I access them ?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
bsd_lover wrote:
Are the Princeton Review CATs free ? If so, where can I access them ?

Yes, you just have to register on princetonreview.com and you get 1 free CAT. As far as the others - I think you have to pay.

Feel free to take one and report your thoughts :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
Kudos
didnt you get like a 700 on the real gmat?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
fresinha12 wrote:
didnt you get like a 700 on the real gmat?

I haven't taken the real test yet. My test date is set for June 27th.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1510 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I thought you took the real test too and got a really high score on it, but I searched and it was terp26.

Too many maryland people around here (assuming that terp = terrapin)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Schools:Georgetown, UNC, UCLA, Duke, Wake Forest
 Q44  V38
Send PM
Kudos
Good job on your practice scores! It does feel pretty darn good to take another practice test and see your score improve. My first Manhattan GMAT was a 580, then a 600, and the one I took this morning was a 660 (Q43/V37), so I'm definitely feeling you on increasing the score. All I want is a 700, and I seem to be getting there
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Omne wrote:
Good job on your practice scores! It does feel pretty darn good to take another practice test and see your score improve. My first Manhattan GMAT was a 580, then a 600, and the one I took this morning was a 660 (Q43/V37), so I'm definitely feeling you on increasing the score. All I want is a 700, and I seem to be getting there

I think we can both cross 730 if we want to. Keep at it!

I just started learning geometry, so if I solidify my knowledge of that as well as the other concepts, I see a Q47 as possible. If I can raise my verbal from 38/39 to about a 43, that would be 740.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Took my first GMATPrep today - I scored 690 again (Q46, V38).

It was certainly interesting going to GMATPrep from MGMAT. The question types seem to be far different and it is also interesting taking the test in a strict timed setting.

I have 3.5 weeks left until G-Day. I'm considering just taking 2 GMATPreps every week and re-installing th software over and over again.

Does anyone have any advice or tips for what I can do to improve in these last few crucial weeks? Ideally, if I could get my verbal up to the mid-40s I would be golden.

Also, really interesting tidbit:

I got my first 13 Verbal questions right. I got 4 out of my first 5 Quant questions WRONG.

A total of 13/37 wrong on the Quant, and 11/41 wrong on the Verbal. And I still get the score breakdown shown above. Really frustrating - I really want to break into the mid-40s on Verbal.

I'm pretty sure what happened is that I bombed a bunch of 700 level Verbal questions in a row towards the end of the exam. I was probably at around a 42 range and getting 4-5 700 level questions wrong pushed me back down to 38.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Send PM
your Q is weak..you need to improve that..if anything Q on the real exam is tougher than gmatprep...

terp06 wrote:

It was certainly interesting going to GMATPrep from MGMAT. The question types seem to be far different and it is also interesting taking the test in a strict timed setting.

I have 3.5 weeks left until G-Day. I'm considering just taking 2 GMATPreps every week and re-installing th software over and over again.

Does anyone have any advice or tips for what I can do to improve in these last few crucial weeks? Ideally, if I could get my verbal up to the mid-40s I would be golden.

I got my first 13 Verbal questions right. I got 4 out of my first 5 Quant questions WRONG.

A total of 13/37 wrong on the Quant, and 11/41 wrong on the Verbal. And I still get the score breakdown shown above. Really frustrating - I really want to break into the mid-40s on Verbal.

I'm pretty sure what happened is that I bombed a bunch of 700 level Verbal questions in a row towards the end of the exam. I was probably at around a 42 range and getting 4-5 700 level questions wrong pushed me back down to 38.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
I've been used to MGMAT Quant. I don't foresee it slipping below a 45/46 level. I'm not naturally that great at Quant (liberal arts major). I'd like to see if I can get a 47 or 48 on Quant max, beyond that would require too much effort on my part. I think pulling a 44-45 on Verbal is far more realistic for me than anything higher than 47-48 on Quant.

fresinha12 wrote:
your Q is weak..you need to improve that..if anything Q on the real exam is tougher than gmatprep...

terp06 wrote:

SVP
SVP
Send PM
I just got 640 on MGMAT CAT5. Devastated :(

I'm going to chalk it up on taking it right before bedtime and being dead tired. I'm going to study my butt off this weekend and take it on Sunday morning again and see if I can pull over 700.

It was a Q41/V38. The Quant really just knocked me on my ass this time and the Verbal wasn't much better. I had 3 science passages on Verbal. My CR is pretty weak and my SC is very strong.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
 Q44  V38
Send PM
terp06 wrote:

I'm going to chalk it up on taking it right before bedtime and being dead tired. I'm going to study my butt off this weekend and take it on Sunday morning again and see if I can pull over 700.

It was a Q41/V38. The Quant really just knocked me on my ass this time and the Verbal wasn't much better. I had 3 science passages on Verbal. My CR is pretty weak and my SC is very strong.

Don't feel too discouraged. I was taking MGMAT #4, and my Quant didn't improve a single point (DS went up, but my PS went down...strange!) Halfway through I wanted to quit because I felt I was doing awful. I stuck with it and knocked the crap out of the verbal and ended up with a 700. My scores have now gone 580->600=>660->700. The most improvement has been verbal, which is disheartening, as I've been studying mostly quant.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Omne wrote:
terp06 wrote:

Don't feel too discouraged. I was taking MGMAT #4, and my Quant didn't improve a single point (DS went up, but my PS went down...strange!) Halfway through I wanted to quit because I felt I was doing awful. I stuck with it and knocked the crap out of the verbal and ended up with a 700. My scores have now gone 580->600=>660->700. The most improvement has been verbal, which is disheartening, as I've been studying mostly quant.

What was your breakdown? Seems like we're at about the same place. I really believe my verbal ability is more like 40-43. If I can end up with a Q47-48 and a V42-44 I will be golden.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
 Q44  V38
Send PM
43Q/41V was my breakdown
SVP
SVP
Send PM
My MGMAT instructor basically told me that I need to focus on the 600-700 level problems at this point. Once I solidify my base, I should see a really nice jump in score. He basically said don't worry about 700+ problems at this point - and that I'm doing well enough on those, but I need to polish the lower level material.

I have 2.5 weeks left until G-Day. I know that I need to go through the whole OG and take 2-3 more practice tests. Does anyone else have advice on what to do?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
I took the quant section only of GMATPrep 2 today and scored another 46. I'm going to go ahead and do a re-take of the whole GMAT Prep 2 tomorrow morning and see how I do. I didn't look over any of the answers after the test today. Can anyone clarify whether Q46 is 80% percentile or above? My goal is to barely break past the 80th percentile on Quant and try to max out my Verbal as much as possible.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Send PM
terp06 wrote:
I took the quant section only of GMATPrep 2 today and scored another 46. I'm going to go ahead and do a re-take of the whole GMAT Prep 2 tomorrow morning and see how I do. I didn't look over any of the answers after the test today. Can anyone clarify whether Q46 is 80% percentile or above? My goal is to barely break past the 80th percentile on Quant and try to max out my Verbal as much as possible.

buddy..u need not worry about percentile..you should focus on getting as many question correct..percentiles is not something you should worry about..

just focus on getting as many question correct..and you will see that this approach will help you socre 50-51
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37320 posts